Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Chinatown posted:

Family xmas party was tonight. We dont gently caress around with our Kirkland Signature USDA Choice Seasoned Standing Bone-In Rib Roasts

:blastu:

Hey we have the same knife set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Made a run with my husband today. Started at the food court with the soda hot dog combo and a pizza. PBUC. Scheduled a long overdue eye exam and he's been in there for over an hour. Is that normal? They look pretty busy. Also bummed that they only sell the poke on certain days now

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Only one doctor and he didn't get his eyes dilated. Seems like it was just an extra busy day.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Just discovered the bibigo ready to eat white rice at church. I stocked up on chicken katsu, chicken Tikka masala, tomato curry and naan bread. Lunch is ready for the next two week! PBUC

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Well poo poo... just got my Costco rewards notice in the email, and I'm getting back exactly what the inflatable hot tub costs...

A sign from the heavens most assuredly

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Impulse purchased the jumbo bean bag chair last week because we needed some piece of furniture in my office/game room. Couldn't be happier

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Renegret posted:

I almost impulse bought one of those massage guns last week but then thought better of it and didn't.

Right now I have a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck to the point I can't turn my head and I've never regretted a decision so hard. The closest thing I've had to relief was tricking my 3 year old to jump up and down on my back which probably isn't the smartest thing but I don't care.

Sharper Image massage gun? Totally worth it. Any of our friends or family that has tried it out swears by it too.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Which of these attachments is best for you know what

In order of most enjoyment:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I impulse bought the $149 jumbo bean bag chair and I absolutely love it

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Definitely larger at home than in store but it fits great in the office and the dogs love it...although the little one has to get a running start to get on

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

mattfl posted:

Back to lovesac talk. We went into one of their showrooms over the weekend to check them out and in the configuration we want the whole thing would be $9500! A comparable sectional from a big box furniture store like Kanes/City Furniture/Ashley/etc comes in around 3-4k. I mean, the lovesac was nice, but is it 2-3x as nice?

Does your configuration include the built in sub woofers and speakers?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Hed posted:

Good friend of mine bought a huge lovesac thing and returned it after a week because it wasn’t comfortable.

Luckily this is Costco so you can return it if it sucks imo

Your friend's standards are too high. I've fallen asleep on mine several times

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

Costco hasn't failed us, we have failed Costco

Its not Costco who has changed but rather us

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Does the church sell Miso soup? Is it any good?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

I'm working remote 100% now and my previous job had me return the chair I brought from the office. My local church is out of stock any comfortable ones and I'm a little skeptical about ordering one online, although I guess I could always return it if I don't like. Have any goons here bought either of these? Any recommendations?

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-executive-mesh-chair-with-headrest.product.100751685.html

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-mesh-chair.product.100755288.html

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Thanks for all the chair advice!

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Taima posted:

I'm a herman miller embody guy myself, but the advice to go and test for yourself is good.

Barry posted:

Yup. I bought an embody in 2014 and it still looks and functions like the day I bought it. One of the single best purchases I've ever made.

Agrias120 posted:

Same here, but mine was a used Aeron. It’s still in perfect condition and the warranty transfers if you buy used I believe.

KakerMix posted:

Yeah a good chair that you sit in for 8~ hours is one that costs $1000 normally. You don't have to pay that, but that's just their listed price when new.

Do you mind me asking you all how much you paid and whether it was new or not?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Edit: I'm an idiot

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Meanwhile in San Diego there's a liquor store you actually drive through.

Like, through the middle of it

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/alta-dena-drive-in-dairy-san-diego

Balboa?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Someone mentioned kiosks only being good as the number of employees behind the counter. I’d add that it’s more important if there’s not a clusterfuck at the kiosks. I’m in San Diego and while it’s usually pretty busy it’s been rare when there have been long lines at kiosks. Life needs more kiosks as even more people who know how to use them.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Sushi is back

It’s hard to argue with the quantity you get but I’ve been disappointed with the sushi at Costco. Love the poke bowls though (might just be a San Diego Costco thing). They also had $7k massage chair.?I got 1200 calories’ of pepperoni knocked out as well. This was the best impulse purchase I’ve done there since the giant bean bag chair:

https://www.costco.com/vornado-pivot-6x-air-circulator.product.100853513.html

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

dxt posted:

I've never seen it around where I live for obvious reasons (MN), but the poke bowls I had from Hawaii Costco were great.

Well the Poke bowls in San Diego are a far cry from the Poke station in Hawaii but still pretty good.

Scarodactyl posted:

The forums already have a Designated Mercury Poisonee.

God dammit, can’t I not be the best at anything!?!? I would literally die to be killed by too much Salmon

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 28, 2022

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Coffee is a vessel I pour creamer into and get caffeine out of. I’d it tastes bad I add more creamer.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Kept my blinders on and made it out with just paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, and multi-vitamins. Got my pizza and soda though