Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just snoozed a promo email for a Costco membership until 6/1 since that's when I'm moving close to one, I'm super excited :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

You were already in between 5 of them!

:sweatdrop:

I'll have a car and actual space in my kitchen and apartment for things, so I'm considering it a bra experience!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Virigoth posted:

Costco is classy. You should always wear a bra and dress up to go commune.

No idea how that autocorrect happened but :hmmyes:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

Is there a schedule to when Costco will promote/discount memberships? A family member will be signing up for a new exec membership and I want to advise them when the best time to do it in the next 2 months is. Like the bag giveaways, or discounts or whatever. Thx!

And I already know that a Costco membership is it’s own reward ;)

I think I could dig up the coupon I got through my previous employer's generic benefits email(hell yeah they never took me off the mailing list :getin:) if you'd like. It's nothing huge, I think you just get a $30 Costco gift card, but happy to share the generic code if anybody wants it!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Would keeping my boxed.com membership be worth it once I get a sweet sweet Costco membership? I'm thinking no.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

That is insanely thoughtful... how about giving it to someone new or on the fence about going to the church? This family is already on board :) I just want them to get a cool bag or something ;)

Again, thx so much for the offer

No prob! It'll require a little digging through my emails cause I don't remember wtf I labeled it as, or if I did so at all, but I'll set a reminder to check it out tonight :toot:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

That is insanely thoughtful... how about giving it to someone new or on the fence about going to the church? This family is already on board :) I just want them to get a cool bag or something ;)

Again, thx so much for the offer

Found it! So it's not a coupon, but it's essentially the same thing. Buy a Costco Membership Activation Certificate, present it at an actual Costco, and you'll get :10bux::10bux::10bux: on a Costco gift card! It gets mailed to the address you provide, which meh, but money is money.

Anybody can use it as far as I can tell, so if anyone is going to sign up for a new membership hit this uuuuuuuuuuppppppppp: https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/purchase/Perkspot

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Hey I trust the savvy shoppers here more than anywhere. What are the like two or three credit cards I should get and use?

Nerdwallet has a great CC section, check it out

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Samadhi posted:

the fish oiled milk

the what now

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Did not know Costco sells literal chest freezers

I want a chest freezer so bad

SO BAD

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That seems so fuckin cheap for a giant freezer, my mind is blown. What kinda outlet does a chest freezer need?

Is that like, installation and delivery included? Costco really IS a church :worship:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i googled a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and would consider it giant, my previous wording stands :colbert:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

Late reply but

:five:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

This guy freezes

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Picturing you having an RSS feed that scours the forums(is that how those work idk) and whenever someone mentions chest freezers it Rube Goldberg machine's your rear end into the posting throne

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nooner posted:

I'm sure those are very nice toilets, but if it can't flush a chest freezer don't even bother talking to me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

*screen fades in to pieces of papyrus floating in a dark puddle, only the slight light of the moon as illumination*

Fizzy: I just got hungry and I have no idea why

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ATTENTION SHOPPERS: PLEASE STOP DRINKING DIRECTLY FROM SOUP SPIGOT

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

priznat posted:

I always wonder - is parchment paper ok for the green bin or nah? Probably varies by location somewhat.

I bought some knockoff silpats from amazon and realized parchment paper is better in almost every possible way. So the faux silpats just sit in a cupboard.

Is it just the knockoff brand? My partner has a silpat and it loving rocks, I'm probably gonna get her another one

I snoozed my email for getting a gift card when I sign up for a church membership until the day after I'm set to close on my house :pray:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hamm's gave me the farts so bad I woke up from a drug fueled music festival crash

So, ymmv but I'll stick with Keystone Light

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Almost bought this for this thread

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hutla posted:

Pickled red onions, my friend.

:hmmyes:
:yum:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

low key sex master posted:

I It was like chewing on a tire but somehow less tasty

Yeah I don't think the auto department was supposed to be serving samples

Lot of Costco tire hate in here makes sense now

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My first ever visit to church

PBUC

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Nice boner!

I already said it was my first time at Costco, what did you expect??

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

Did you buy anything or was it just finger guns all day?

Oh yeah, we went hungry so we definitely bought more than we should've :ocelot:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco fruit leather snacks are so fuckin dope

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

I know it's fun to rag on Folgers but my my wife's family's drink of choice is Chock Full o'Nuts Decaf and after a cup or two of that you'll be begging for the dog turds.

What the gently caress

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nwin posted:

She opts to reuse the same keurig k-cup for a few days in a lovely old keurig brewer we have sitting around. It’s loving disgusting.

Like, the same little plastic pod? :psyduck:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i own one tower fan but y'all are making me want to get a second one, drat

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So what's the best vacuum sealer Costco offers?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

https://www.costco.com/weston-pro-1100-vacuum-sealer-with-roll-cutter.product.100655658.html

If you mean it you want that one. For normal use literally any FoodSaver you see on the shelf is a good buy.

But no seriously that Weston Pro whips rear end.

I'll probably start with the FoodSaver, but maybe once I get my chest freezer and really figure out my food situation I'll upgrade to the Weston Pro :getin: Thanks!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Midniter posted:

A quick, easy, healthy, and delicious meal is doing a sweet potato bar by chopping up a cooked sweet potato and topping it with cotija/queso fresco, sliced green onions, cilantro, sour cream, and a bunch of the 505 green chiles. I also like to cook some chicken sausages from Aldi and throw those in there to make it extra satisfying...one of the best applications I've found for the 505 stuff yet.

:yum: that sounds delicious, def gonna pick up some of these mythical 505s on my next trip

Cilantro is easy to grow, isn't it? :getin:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with a big freezer

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PSYCH

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I initially signed up for just the $60 plan but when I got my card the rally nice lady at the counter was like "honestly I recommend upgrading, if you don't hit $120 to break even we just kinda bump it up to that so there's really nothing to lose" and I was like daaaaamn this place really is a house of god

Gonna get the CC after we close on our house, cause I'll fuckin easily get my money's worth for that sucker

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

You got played bro.

I'm def gonna make way over it for our first year, if we don't hit it the second and they don't do that oh well, I'll just bump it down

I doubt I got hustled though, but remind me in two years and we'll see :corrupt:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spinz posted:

Oh you so will lol
If I remember right you haven't been able to shop at Costco before

Ha what's going to happen is you're going to realize how much freaking money you're spending there all the time

And you're going to need to tone it down

Okay this is maybe too accurate :mad:

Lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

Normalize purse onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Apparently my grandfather used to just eat raw onions like apples

I love onions but maybe not that much

Anyway tip of the day: rub your fingers on a penny after you're done cutting and they won't smell like onions or make you cry anymore