Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Tech days apparently just started. I see a netgear nighthawk 6 stream ax4300 wifi 6 router!

Anyone got one of these ufos? Hows the signal?

I've been thinking about renewing my membership, maybe now is the time to do it. Do they have audio visual stuff on sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Re-upped to Costco today after like 5 years. Got a $1.50 dog with drink + refill but there were NO onions to be seen. My wife got a churro and it tasted like playdough. It was awful.

Also they had way more electronics than I remember but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Where are the hatch chilis usually located? I’ve checked two Costco’s and can’t find them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Neither of the Costco’s near me carry the stuffed olives.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just in case this wasn't immediately obvious - you will want to use a grating attachment for the food processor. It works very well. I don't think throwing a block of cheese into the regular blades would work too great. Or maybe it would, I dunno. Use the attachment.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

pentyne posted:

New idea, dice up a frozen block and toss it into the vitamix.

You wouldn't even need to dice it in a Vitamix. You'd get cheese paste either way.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

I just use the giant jars of garlic bits. People complain that you need to use more garlic to get the flavor so I just use more

You'll never get the flavor of fresh garlic from a jar, regardless of how much you use.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Never will one brother shame another for cheese consumption.

Nor butter cinnamon bread, amen.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 11, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tricky Ed posted:

Tell me of the Honolulu Costco. I won't have a rental car. Is it worth trying to Lyft for a visit?

We went to the one in Kona and it was fun just to see all the local/different stuff available. It’s the only Costco on the big island and was insanely busy. I’m guessing it’s the only one on Oahu and will be similarly busy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I bought a used and reupholstered Leap V2 7 years ago and it’s still going strong. I assume this thing will last longer than me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Since we got to 1000 pages maybe we can convince them to bring back deli mustard and onions.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

NewFatMike posted:

I decided to try the Frontera salsa verde last time instead of refilling the 505. The frontera has the kick I need, so maybe I’ll get more 505 and mix them together

I didn't realize Costco had Frontera salsa. Frontera jalapeno cilantro is the only jarred salsa we use.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve closed on two mortgages and both times they explicitly advised me to not open new credit until signing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have an instant pot and a rice cooker very similar to the one above and I still use the rice cooker. It’s just easier.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I had to replace the carburetor in my gas pressure washer because I let it sit too long. I told myself I wouldn’t make that mistake again and that was like 10 months ago. So don’t be like me if you get a gas pressure washer.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Took a chance on the whole dried shiitake mushroom snacks and they're pretty good!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The biltong is good but it's not like the biltong I've had in the past.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Last trip to Costco I picked up a pack of frozen stuffed squash blossoms: they are stuffed with ricotta and smoked provolone and deep fried. One of my favorite Italian snacks, and much easier than waiting until July when the blossoms are in season and frying them myself! Highly recommended.

Ah man, I need to try and find these. The fried squash blossoms we had in Rome was some of the best food we had in Italy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

lets set the record straight:

fourth, picked up a couple different kinds of frozen dimsum style dumplings eager to try them

We've had one of them, don't remember the brand. They were decent. Not as good as Trader Joe's soup dumplings.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

one is the "Bibigo Pork and Veggie Steamed Dumplings" and the other is "Royal Shrimp Har Gow"

i tried the "Bibigo Beef Bogogi Mandu" last time and I thought they were great

Yeah Bibigo pork and veggie are the ones we had. They absolutely need a good dipping sauce - I use soy sauce, black chinese vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

the ones i got seem to include a dipping sauce, but im going to commit that sauce mix to memory cause sometimes they dont always come with one

I threw that in the TRASH.

Or maybe not, I honestly don't remember. I think we actually had both. We also always have Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp oil on hand. You can find it at any asian market.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 3, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I love asian grocers. A whole isle of instant ramyun? Yes please! :D

Costco needs to get Nongshim Shin Black Ramyun instead of just the red. :mad:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I liked the Nissin Raoh Tonkotsu Ramen packs but I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't really like the Tonkotsu bowls they sell now

We got those and they're fine. Shin black and the Indomei mi goreng noodles are all we eat in the instant noodle world currently.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Lol, my last post may have been interpreted incorrectly due to my sentence structure. We do not only eat instant noodles.

We have a balanced diet of Costo foods.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Costco was packed today. Couldn’t find the squash blossoms.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

I would pay four dollars for a Costco dog there I said it

Lol, no. Maybe if we got onions and deli mustard back but that's a big maybe. (no)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

El Jebus posted:

I'm gonna go buy a chest freezer.

I want one real bad but my wife CLAIMS we don't need one.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I bought the 3lb bag of pre-peeled garlic: how do I store this and keep it the freshest longest without giving myself botulism?

Also I bought the chest freezer and wish I hadn't, it sits unplugged and unloved.

I haven’t found a good way to store peeled garlic and even the small bags go bad on us. Maybe vacuum sealed would work.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Has anyone bought that Dyson fan/air purifier that's on sale? With summer starting here that means wildfire season isn't far behind. It's really expensive, but is it actually worth it?

I think it's a HEPA filter air purifier attached to a very expensive blade-less fan. You could probably save a lot of money with a decent purifier and regular old fan.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I have the Ninja foodi that's the combination, the air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc. It's fine. It's very big and heavy though. I find myself getting similar results with the convection setting on my oven, also I can cook more in my oven.

A lot of people don't have convection ovens in the U.S. (I never have) so an air fryer can be nice to have.

I also have the Instant Pot attachment and yeah you can't cook very much in it. We actually have the older attachment but they sell ones now with the fryer and pressure lid combined, which saves even more space.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've only got one dog since they got rid of onions and deli mustard. I don't want a big ol' hot dog with just ketchup and yellow mustard. Not even for 1.50 with drink/free refill.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

devmd01 posted:

lol at the Kirkland product placement in The Boys this week.

I’ll admit it got me thinking I should get more Kirkland whiskey.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ShowTime posted:

The Hawaii Costco is also supposed to be legendary. Makes sense given both of their remote locations.

The one in Kona on the big island is very very busy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I like Costco kimchi but I like my local Korean grocery kimchi even better. More expensive though.

pseudanonymous posted:

0 jars of Kimchi is the amount I want in my pantry at all times.

Please don't store your kimchi in the pantry.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Hutla posted:

Kimchi doesn't expire, it just gets better and then you chop it up for kimchi fried rice.

It can continue to ferment and get real funky but yeah old kimchi is perfect for fried rice and is exactly what we use it for. I prefer 'fresh' kimchi whether that be cabbage or anything else. There is probably a more accurate Korean term but we like kimchi green onion, cucumber, radish, all kinds of stuff. So good.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 20, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
My Costco didn't have 505 today :mad:

I did get a bag of the street corn I've been eyeing as well has a jar of black truffles in oil because why not?

Also some of that Japanese bbq sauce you guys were talking about.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 21, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I've tried half a dozen different coffee beans from Costco and have disliked them all pretty strongly.

Isn't Costco just Starbucks beans?

To be honest Trader Joe's has the best beans if I want to grind my own. But I usually just buy whatever is BOGO at Publix.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

Because they're probably Chinese black truffles, a different species with none of the merits of real black truffles.

I had never heard of Chinese truffles but yeah it seems to be a thing. These say Italian but who knows! I haven't tried them yet.

My wife and I fell in love with truffles when we were in Italy - they literally took a black truffle and shaved it over our pasta until we said when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Put me down as someone who also doesn't like Bitchin sauce, at least the chipotle flavor. Couldn't finish a tub.