Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

*george clooney talking* sure, you got chops, but have you ever been inside a server room kid? i mean a real server room?

cause once we're in there, we're gonna have exactly 29 seconds to make a clean getaway with no fewer than 1,220 av certs, 800 smileys, 325 platinum certs, 62 banner ads, and 6 re-regs

are you up to the challenge?

*shot of gymnast doing a backflip over a bundle of cat-5 cables and landing in a tiny empty spot*

*clooney, to another older guy* yeah, i think he'll do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Doll

Hey everybody!
*extremely steve buscemi voice* tipping is bad

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

*george clooney talking* sure, you got chops, but have you ever been inside a server room kid? i mean a real server room?

cause once we're in there, we're gonna have exactly 29 seconds to make a clean getaway with no fewer than 1,220 av certs, 800 smileys, 325 platinum certs, 62 banner ads, and 6 re-regs

are you up to the challenge?

*shot of gymnast doing a backflip over a bundle of cat-5 cables and landing in a tiny empty spot*

*clooney, to another older guy* yeah, i think he'll do

Puppy Doll posted:

*extremely steve buscemi voice* tipping is bad

Plebian Parasite

W-well see it's actually a pretty good system, y'know I saw it on a movie once I-I forget its name but anyway, every time there is a transaction on Something Awful, an avatar gets bought or someone upgrades to archives or whatever, the program will shave off a single pixel that we can add to our avs. It'll be in small amounts y-yea, but lots of avs over a long period of time we're talking, uh I'm thinking, e-everyone in byob will have a long av by early 2018.

----

[Looking nervously at a 5 gig image of a dog carrying a bong] poo poo, I musta missed a decimal point or something.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*well known BYOB poster's avatar descends into a sterile white room in an homage to Tom Cruise suspended by wires in Mission Impossible, stops precariously just above the ground near an important looking desk and computer then places a vase of beautiful fresh flowers and a fruit basket on the desk before quietly disappearing back into the ceiling*

vanisher

You three, get those puppy images up
Someone made a thread about silly MacGuyver scenarios, get these shitposters on it stat
Taco thread just got bumped to the top QUICK CALL IN THE DUCK

If we can pull this off people we'll be on the front page again

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Puppy Doll

Hey everybody!
*cut to a pair of armed guards not noticing the metal gear solid cardboard box walking in front of them towards the server room*

Historical Wizards

"I know someone who can get us in there, but there's a catch." *exasperated sigh* "They demand their payment in unmarked, nonconsecutive pet pictures."

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Please, I'm an expert, a master of disguise. Those shitposters won't know what happened to 'em *dons purple wig and large sunglasses*

FutonForensic

"okay, i've made it into the Main subforum category. I'm pretty sure this hyperlink will take me to byob"

"agent do you read--bzzzt--that's not the--brzzt---byob, that's th--bzzzz--to E/N"

"my parents are getting a divorce, my cat died, I'm pregnant and the fetus is the father"

"agent noooo"

Manifisto

Plebian Parasite posted:

W-well see it's actually a pretty good system, y'know I saw it on a movie once I-I forget its name but anyway, every time there is a transaction on Something Awful, an avatar gets bought or someone upgrades to archives or whatever, the program will shave off a single pixel that we can add to our avs. It'll be in small amounts y-yea, but lots of avs over a long period of time we're talking, uh I'm thinking, e-everyone in byob will have a long av by early 2018.

----

[Looking nervously at a 5 gig image of a dog carrying a bong] poo poo, I musta missed a decimal point or something.

vanisher posted:

You three, get those puppy images up
Someone made a thread about silly MacGuyver scenarios, get these shitposters on it stat
Taco thread just got bumped to the top QUICK CALL IN THE DUCK

If we can pull this off people we'll be on the front page again

BIRDCON 2017

agent 1: are you ready for this heist?
agent 2: i'm depressed
agent 1:me too

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
After the height, the cat burglar is pursued by dog the bounty hunter.

Senior Management

The only way to save BYOB is to steal it. I am going to steal BYOB.

:jerry:

Senior Management

Gonna steal all the avatars and replace them with decoy Robin Williams pictures. I'll make off like a bandit.

social vegan

*everyone huddled around blueprints and a plan in a basement*

boss: "The problem you see if that they always have a cat in a hammock guarding all the 5's. I'm too beefy to slide past undetected. I've come up with this..."

boss: *holds up an empty 125 x 125 square*

me: B-but boss, none of us can fit in there

boss: I've brought someone in *nods and from behind a curtain walks Puppy Doll*

me: w-w-wowzers

boss: that's right *lowers the guidebook he is holding* nothing in the rules says a dog can't run a caper

death sext

*hugs each guard into a gentle slumber*

alnilam

*spends weeks convincing the guards that I'm planning to steal :eyepop:, then one day they notice with horror that the barely guarded hammock catte disappeared over night*

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

*spends weeks convincing the guards that I'm planning to steal :eyepop:, then one day they notice with horror that the barely guarded hammock catte disappeared over night*

two weeks later, an army of identical pranksters in weed rear end hats suddenly appear everywhere in byob, confusing and distracting the mods and iks, until a hastily-issued permaban reveals that :wedass: was actually the hammock catte all along

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
"ok, it's taken us a while but we finally gathered all 11 people who post in BYOB in a room together, uh, I'm glad everyone could bring their pets with them but that may make this heist more difficult to...no, no I'm okay with that bong for right now we should really be organizing this plan and it appears despite the explicit directions you each were mailed that you all got it wrong. Okay let's go over the basic rules again..."

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*RZNV plays during a montage of the BYOB 11 training, getting high and playing in a ball pit filled with kittens*

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

"ok, it's taken us a while but we finally gathered all 11 people who post in BYOB in a room together, uh, I'm glad everyone could bring their pets with them but that may make this heist more difficult to...no, no I'm okay with that bong for right now we should really be organizing this plan and it appears despite the explicit directions you each were mailed that you all got it wrong. Okay let's go over the basic rules again..."

over-enthusiastic ik shows support by offering to probe everybody that is supposed to be involved in the heist. group enthusiastically agrees. heist is cancelled because there's nobody left to do the heisting

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

over-enthusiastic ik shows support by offering to probe everybody that is supposed to be involved in the heist. group enthusiastically agrees. heist is cancelled because there's nobody left to do the heisting

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

The heist gets busted when the vault breaker overhears a guard radio sqwauk, and immediately starts giggling when he remembers his favorite birb video.

The sequel heist starts with recon, and when the victim is introduced we give him a hug and ask what his favorite hobbies, pets, and crimes are, as that is vital information. The sequel heist ends when we are asked in return, and the answer is: "plotting, I have a real cute dog and an adorable cat, and heisting, respectively"

eonwe

BYOB breaks into the pet store. They spend the entire night petting all the puppies and kitties. They escape undetected, not richer materially but richer in spirit.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
an entire sub forum wakes up to find they have been given sweet new avs

Senior Management

A sneaky admin swaps the names and avatars of all the posters then absconds with all the good posts during the confusion.

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Puppy Doll

Hey everybody!
maybe the real byob heist was the friends we made along the way

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Puppy Doll posted:

maybe the real byob heist was the friends we stole along the way

social vegan

*we're all behind a corner w our heads stacked like the little rascals*

guard 1: what day is it?

guard 2: oh it's june 1st!

guard 1 checking his phone: would you look at that, it's the start of African-American Music Appreciation Month[19][20]

*cut to me clasping my hands over everyone's mouths*

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Spunky new yobber: gee boss, do you really think this will work? It seems like a lot of risk just to get a front page thread!
Grizzled, experienced yobber: (USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Historical Wizards

"Do you have the loot?"
"About that. So I got in and out without a hitch, but the other day I got some pizza for me and some buds, and I needed to get some work done on my car. Not to mention I needed some stuff from the store, and there was that charity fundraiser.... and on the way over here I got a hoagie. Here's what left though."
*Drops a handful of twos and a bag of nickles on the table*

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

alnilam

byob project: heist to fundraise for tailchasr rescue

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

I Was The Fury posted:

The heist gets busted when the vault breaker overhears a guard radio sqwauk, and immediately starts giggling when he remembers his favorite birb video.

The sequel heist starts with recon, and when the victim is introduced we give him a hug and ask what his favorite hobbies, pets, and crimes are, as that is vital information. The sequel heist ends when we are asked in return, and the answer is: "plotting, I have a real cute dog and an adorable cat, and heisting, respectively"

eonwe posted:

BYOB breaks into the pet store. They spend the entire night petting all the puppies and kitties. They escape undetected, not richer materially but richer in spirit.

Puppy Doll posted:

maybe the real byob heist was the friends we made along the way

the byob heist 1 & 2 plot right here

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
<<<wraps self in aluminum foil to deflect lasers in secret laser security hallway before the Final Boss>>>

oh poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
*walks in mid-heist when things are real tense and the theives are trying to crack a safe but they gotta be really quiet so not to set off the alarms* it's wednesday my dudes!!!

:siren: *sirens blaring* :siren:

Manifisto

Darkman Fanpage posted:

*walks in mid-heist when things are real tense and the theives are trying to crack a safe but they gotta be really quiet so not to set off the alarms* it's wednesday my dudes!!!

:siren: *sirens blaring* :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

*theme from Snatch plays and all the byob posters are introduced, but it's just a simple compilation of our avs with various wipe transitions*

• Locked thread