Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Welcome to the Our Long National Nightmare (OLNN) thread. This is where we cry, bitch, and moan about the latest fuckups of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. Please keep the spamming confined to the Nite Crew thread, and keep it out of here. However, please keep in mind that we here at C-SPAM chill posting atmosphere, so please don't devolve into stupid mindless flamewar-riddled debates. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Someone better begin:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/798697956723589120

Trump evidently called a full lid and then left the Tower to go to a random restaurant

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
nobody clicks new threads in CSPAM

is trump still planning to fly back and forth from DC to NY every weekend? it's beyond me how someone can not want to live in the white house.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Guy DeBorgore posted:

nobody clicks new threads in CSPAM

is trump still planning to fly back and forth from DC to NY every weekend? it's beyond me how someone can not want to live in the white house.

apparently he plans to spend weekends in trump tower lol

i mean presidents have had other residences. Dubya had his ranch, LBJ had his ranch, kennedy compound etc. but treating the presidency like a 5 days a week job is pretty insane

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Someone better begin:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/798697956723589120

Trump evidently called a full lid and then left the Tower to go to a random restaurant

i mean this isn't that big a deal, the press doesn't have to be informed of every single meal he ever eats

if nobody else knew though then that's kind of a problem

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

but treating the presidency like a 5 days a week job is pretty insane

lmao for once Trump will be working longer hours than his peons, and he doesn't yet realize

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i mean presidents have had other residences. Dubya had his ranch, LBJ had his ranch, kennedy compound etc. but treating the presidency like a 5 days a week job is pretty insane

Wait wait wait.

Wait.

Are you trying to say that Donald Trump is some sort of lazy flake?! :monocle:

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat
oh my god you guys i just remembered

in order for trump to get his producers to agree to let him run for the presidency, he promised to let them run a season of the Apprentice out of the White House if he won.

i didn't dream that, right?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Guy DeBorgore posted:

in order for trump to get his producers to agree to let him run for the presidency, he promised to let them run a season of the Apprentice out of the White House if he won.

heck id watch it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Guy DeBorgore posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292166-report-trump-discussed-continuing-apprentice-from-white

:stonklol:

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat
it's from this article: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-tv-network

it'll never happen. weekly appearances on hannity & breitbart will though, that's my bold prediction.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like how departments havent even been contacted

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this owns

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

too bad NBC severed ties over his racism

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Rachel Maddow doing god's work

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

jonathan haidt and jonathan chait are different people. this explains at least a little bit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

too bad NBC severed ties over his racism

Probably, but I thought he was still homies with the former NBC exec who now runs CNN, Zucker I think? I'm sure lots of people want to cash in on this presidency and Trump has always loved attention.

Guy DeBorgore posted:

it'll never happen.

Counterpoint: Donald Trump was elected President of the United States.

"Never" is a meaningless word in this timeline :v:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

C-Euro posted:

Probably, but I thought he was still homies with the former NBC exec who now runs CNN, Zucker I think? I'm sure lots of people want to cash in on this presidency and Trump has always loved attention.

Counterpoint: Donald Trump was elected President of the United States.

"Never" is a meaningless word in this timeline :v:

i wonder if he would start up Trump News Network while president lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

frank gaffney is being considered now LOL

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Karl Barks posted:

frank gaffney is being considered now LOL

:stare:

isnt he an insane conspiracy theorist

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Beliefs[edit]
Conspiracy theories Gaffney has promoted include:
The belief that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing.[48][49]
Accusations that Republican Party strategist Grover Norquist is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood. In 2014, Gaffney claimed that Norquist had "been working with the enemy for over a decade."[50] (Responding to the accusation, the board of directors of the American Conservative Union unanimously condemned Gaffney's charges as "reprehensible" and "unfounded."[51])
Accusations that Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood.[52] (After the allegation was repeated by Michele Bachmann, U.S. senators John McCain, Scott Brown, and Marco Rubio joined in dismissing it, and Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner said "accusations like this being thrown around are pretty dangerous."[53])[54]
Accusations that Barack Obama is a Muslim who has secretly orchestrated "the most consequential bait-and-switch since Adolf Hitler", that Gen. David Petraeus had "submitted to Sharia", that congressman Keith Ellison is "likely to leak information to the Muslim Brotherhood", and that deputies in the Broward County Sheriff's department are "directly tied to Hamas.[55][56]
The belief that the logo of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency is a coded indicator of "official U.S. submission to Islam" because it "appears ominously to reflect a morphing of the Islamic crescent and star".[57]
The belief that the responsibility-to-protect norm has been supported by the United States government to lay the groundwork for a forthcoming American military invasion of Israel.[58]

lol

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There is a nontrivial chance Trump quits or dies in the first two years from the stress of what he's about to go to. He's old, he's a baby, he is not prepared for what is about to happen to him and there is zero way to make it easier.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i wonder if he would start up Trump News Network while president lol

Would? Yes.

Can he? No.

Does it matter? lol nothing matters

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mulva posted:

There is a nontrivial chance Trump quits or dies in the first two years from the stress of what he's about to go to. He's old, he's a baby, he is not prepared for what is about to happen to him and there is zero way to make it easier.

Only then will this unstoppable beast without remorse be well and truly stumped

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/798715602173120512

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

crossposting

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/798713868428120068

this is fine

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i hate him already

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Humidora posted:

lmao for once Trump will be working longer hours than his peons, and he doesn't yet realize

you betcha

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The thing that always impressed me about the shots we saw of Trump's office was that it actually looked like a real office. Papers everywhere, crap in the corner. Looks like he actually got work done. He had meals there.
And it was small.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sure why not

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

god

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

eonwe posted:

i like how departments havent even been contacted

Transition team for my agency was supposed to show up today. With the lack of a MOU with the new transition team leader (Pence after Christie was forced out), it's delayed at least until the end of the week, if not longer. This is going to be a shitshow of the highest order.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CommanderApaul posted:

Transition team for my agency was supposed to show up today. With the lack of a MOU with the new transition team leader (Pence after Christie was forced out), it's delayed at least until the end of the week, if not longer. This is going to be a shitshow of the highest order.

Sorry to hear that. :(
I hope you guys keep it together for the next four years.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CommanderApaul posted:

sorry buddy

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CommanderApaul posted:

MORE TELL ME MORE

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

CommanderApaul posted:

more time to work on your ppt animations

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

W spent over three years at his ranch. If you added it up, I bet he was there more than in DC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Cspam has about 9 threads all about the same thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread