Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
When you look through finder it shows you whatever cached folders you've looked at recently for like a second, then populates the rest of the list once the disk IO finishes. THIS IS SUPER ANNOYING.

Because, like, the cached folder is likely what I want to click on, so I go to click in that first second, them BAM it is whatever sort setting it decided to save at the top and you go into the wrong folder. Super stupid, why even have that feature, just populate the list when the IO finishes and have a little spinny thing until then. Or change the sort parameters to put "recently cached" at the top regardless.

Also is it MACOSXI yet? will it be at some point? Was it ever MACOSIX at some point?

Apple is racing to the bottom because I'm sure it is entirely inundated with idiot MBAs and lazy overpaid tenured UI designers who don't loving know how to do poo poo anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
thanks trim

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

mac is bad, op

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
maybe you should stop using hard drives with moving parts OP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

maybe you should stop using hard drives with moving parts OP

same but computers in general

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i have never, ever seen what the OP is talking about, even when i still used slow spinny drives in my macs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
not sure what op is talking about but it sounds like he's bad at computers. maybe take a class at the Apple Store

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I have a COMPLAINT about the OP's posting: It sucks!!!

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

rip your hard drive, op

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
it's called macOS now, op

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

finder more like loser amirite

oh gently caress i accidentally clicked the e drive now i have to thumb my rear end for an hour while i wait for windows to figure out there's no cd in the drive

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It happened to me again.

I have a Mid 2012 11" Macbook Air which has a SSD in it, but she's getting pretty old and I've been hovering around 3GB free (out of 250GB) for years.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stereotype posted:

It happened to me again.

I have a Mid 2012 11" Macbook Air which has a SSD in it, but she's getting pretty old and I've been hovering around 3GB free (out of 250GB) for years.

you're holding it wrong. don't fill an ssd to capacity then complain about performance issues op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

update to macos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's just macOS now, not Mac OS X

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MAC os X 10.12 Snazzy Sandstorm

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

more like macPOS lmao

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

didn't read op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Cat Face Joe posted:

more like macPOS lmao

haha yeah!! yospos boyhc!

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Heh. Apple? Bad.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

OldAlias posted:

you're holding it wrong. don't fill an ssd to capacity then complain about performance issues op

How much free space should I have? 10%?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

How much free space should I have? 10%?

6.9%

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

420%

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
219%

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Um those %s over 100 are gonna be tough but I do have an external drive.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my only complaint is that its too good

i cant break free from timbs horrible hardware

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

mishaq posted:

same

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
when i upgraded to macOS sierra my time capsule stopped working after a week, then it popped up some alert saying there was something wrong w/it and had to rebuild from scratch so it deleted all my backups. pretty poo poo if u ask me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thats the apple way to do syncing.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cat Face Joe posted:

more like macPOS lmao

lo l

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
finder is hot garbage

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I don't understand why it keeps showing me things as tiles instead of a list. I never have wanted to look at files like that.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

mishaq posted:

hack the intosh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don't have this or any problem with my macbook, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hackintoshes seem great and easy to do

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my iPod 5th generation just won't charge anymore it will turn on if I plug it in. it it won't charge won't even say "not charging" it just won't charge when it's plugged in like its like it's not even plugged in to the wall socket but it is plugged in, trying to charge but it won't and then I plug in the iPad to the same charger and it charges like a well oiled machine what the gently caress is wrong with my IPOD TOUCH 5G can you nerds help me? xx

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's probably your garbage NZ wall plugs.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

probably so what's the solution, superior 120v poo poo electrical cool dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Use the superior plugs with an adapter.

• Locked thread