Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Problem description:
I have sharepoint 2016 running and I want to design custom forms using Infopath. I'm a total newb to both products. When I attempt to publish a sample form to my sharepoint site, I get the message:

"Infopath cannot find or cannot access the follwoing Web server: http://localhost
Make sure that the Web server name is valid, that your proxy settings are correct and that you have the necessary permissions to publish to this library.

If the server requires you to log on through the browser, log on there and select hte option to remember you rlog on information, then try to publish again."

Attempted fixes:
I initially encountered the problem from my development workstation. I made my domain account a site administrator for the sharepoint site. When that didn't fix the issue, I installed infopath on the server itself, logged in with my domain admin account, which is the owner of the Sharepoint farm.

Recent changes:

This is a new issue
--

Operating system:

Windows Server 2016

System specs:

VMWare server with 4 CPU and 20GB of RAM allocated

United States

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread