Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

My friend thought Drowzee was birthed from Snorlax's rear end, which is why his lower half was brown

Hey how's it going man, good to see you're still gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like popplio but I wasn't a fan of how he goes from dopey clown seal to opera mermaid so I was gonna pick another starter. But then I realized as a woke trainer I shouldn't reject my son for who he is and I am prepared to accept him no matter how he grows up.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That's badass. In the show, Ash didn't get a full team until he already had his first two badges. You guys are doing really great.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is yungoose actually supposed to be donald trump or is that an unfortunate coincidence because I don't think I can stomach his dumb rear end in my game

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I keep spending all my money on clothes and haircuts.

I don't have this game but same

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I do Not like alola meowth. he looks like he's from a knockoff game on the app store.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You're gonna flip your lid when you see alolan Persian

Buddy it's flipped, trust me.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

EV training means leveling up while fighting only the appropriate pokémons because each pokémon gives benefits to certain stats when you beat them, right?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

It used to be but you can use EV training hold items to max out specific stats without worrying who you fight

That sounds way more reasonable because the way I originally heard about it sounded like the dumbest bullshit.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ristolaz posted:

Not totally true. When holding them you get 8 EVs of the corresponding stat no matter what pokemon you fight, but you still get the EVs of the pokemon on top of that. So you still wanna fight the right ones

Why would they do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yinlock posted:

evs have always been dumb

I mean yea that's my question

• Locked thread