Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This game is all right. I like wandering around and talking to people and the setting is better than poe. People have complained that it feels unfinished so maybe its better to wait and see if your on the fence. I haven't gotten that far yet. Well, see ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I been thinking about this. I liked Poe and play it for like 7 hours straight the weekend it came out and then it lost my save data and I had no desire to start over.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was a good 20 hours spent but unfortunately it was only 20 hours. I don't really like CRPG combat much but the story and the companions were way better than PoE's.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It seems cool but I keep buying this games and realizing I have absolutely 0 patience for reading poo poo in them.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

It seems cool but I keep buying this games and realizing I have absolutely 0 patience for reading poo poo in them.

I have to take breaks cause theres to much poo poo to read and its not always that interesting. I dunno if it the game or i'm a less patient gamer now

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Its like I like reading when its a conversation about things that are happening and such, and not when its just a lore dump or the guy telling me his life story

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I remembered Pillars of Eternity and finally started playing it after reading the hype for this game. It's been pretty fun. For some reason I didn't think it would be exactly like Baldur's Gate, but it is and I'm enjoying it. I get a bit bored though in the big city because of all the chatty Kathys and the load times going into and out of an Abandoned House with Vegetables and a Club in it.

Anyways, I'll probably get Tyranny when they announce an expansion.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also there was this stream and nature noises and I had a major stoned playing oblivion moment, twas awesome.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

This game is not bad but I was expecting to be more of evil rear end in a top hat and instead it's mainly just dealing with stupid bureaucratic poo poo between two slightly evil factions. When they said you were evil judge dredd I didn't expect so much emphasis on the judge part. I want to be comically evil and this game hasn't delivered yet. Of course I just finished the first act so I'm hoping it gets better.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's unrealistic, but i wish these would get a ps4 port, because my compy is a shitbox that can't play them.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

municipal shrimp posted:

This game is not bad but I was expecting to be more of evil rear end in a top hat and instead it's mainly just dealing with stupid bureaucratic poo poo between two slightly evil factions. When they said you were evil judge dredd I didn't expect so much emphasis on the judge part. I want to be comically evil and this game hasn't delivered yet. Of course I just finished the first act so I'm hoping it gets better.

it does get better after you start dealing with actual enemies more, you are expected to not be a colossal prick when dealing with kyros's forces but the gloves are off when you start dealing primarily with oathbreakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

municipal shrimp posted:

This is actually a plus to me. Stupid cartoonish evil villany is for Bioware games where tou kill the kitty of someone who gives you a quest to save a kitty. You can be a huge prick to some people though like forcing a prisoner who wants to defect to kill her former friends by smashing their skulls with a rock.

• Locked thread