Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Das Boo posted:

As a teen I used to live up in a town in Washington cozied right up next to the Canadian border. When I got my first retail job, my co-workers warned me about Canadian holidays as they'd come down in droves, tear the store to hell and we'd probably be there until 1 am getting poo poo back together. What they didn't warn me about was how they'd hold up lines to smugly deride you about your dollar, your president, your healthcare... all sorts of political things that you, the 17 year-old girl in shoes had no control over. It got to the point where you could swap the Find-the-Vegan with Find-the-Canadian.

So yeah, I agree with you.

Bellingham? I always feel so bad for them. :( In the US I can tell who's a Canadian at Seattle Premium Outlets etc, we're such smug, oblivious shitheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Das Boo posted:

The very same! I'm sure El Estrago Bonito's right and it varies vastly like the US. I mean, I can make the sweeping statement that Americans tend to be pretty friendly towards strangers, but god help you if you try to test that statement in St. Louis or something.

Yeah Vancouverites have a terrible reputation across Canada too, and even within Vancouver as I demonstrate. I have to consciously adjust my own behaviour outside of the city, regardless of country, because I'm so used to everyone being assholes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mu Zeta posted:

I see people still looking at their phones while driving when it's illegal. A $60 fine isn't enough. Make it so you have the spend a weekend at driver ed.

Where I live it's $543 first time offense, second time within a year is $888, third time is $3,000 with an automatic license review and possible driving prohibition. Still see people doing it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Henchman of Santa posted:

I hate smoking but I can't imagine having the meltdowns you goons seem to have if you're within 100 feet of a cigarette

My throat will instinctually close up on me if it gets a whiff of cigarette smoke, causing me to cough. Other smoke is ok, weed, campfire etc, but cigarettes are intolerable. I basically have to hold my breath when I go to my condo since the guy between my unit and the elevator is a chain smoker.

Here smoking is not allowed within 30 feet of doors and that's just made it more difficult to walk down the street.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

That sounds like more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Not that you should have to breath in smoke when you don't want to. I hate the smell of weed smoke and stoners are the rudest about that poo poo.

I don't think so since I am usually not thinking about smoke at all when it happens. Seems closer to an allergy.

My mom smoked right up until she found out she was pregnant with me, always wondered if that is a factor.

In Vancouver weed smoke is omnipresent so I'm glad I don't feel the same about it.