Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I hate smoking but I can't imagine having the meltdowns you goons seem to have if you're within 100 feet of a cigarette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jastiger posted:

Non smokers are literally better than smokers, baseline. gently caress cancer sticks and spreading it to others.

Nonsmokers are garbage people, take Jastiger, for example.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
it's interesting when I agree with a jastiger post and then remember he wants to reject my citizenship/genocide me bc I was born in the wrong state.

Especially when I look quizically from Dallas to Des Moines and try to guess which one of us grew up around more gun-toting rural hicks with racist tendencies.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

sassassin posted:

Three square meals a day is too many I don't know how people do it.

Hey, this is a good one. I eat one square meal a day plus a snack (piece of toast or some pretzels or something). Most people I know do two. Only dude I know who does three is strength training. Three full meals is way too drat much for Joe Schmo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Smoking is cool though. Makes you look more distinguished. Like a salt and pepper haired man sitting in a leather wing back chair reading The Wallstreet Journal and smoking a Benson & Hedges Gold. Pure class.

yeah just like a fedora

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Das Boo posted:

Hey, this is a good one. I eat one square meal a day plus a snack (piece of toast or some pretzels or something). Most people I know do two. Only dude I know who does three is strength training. Three full meals is way too drat much for Joe Schmo.

Do you do any exercise like jogging? It makes me hungry as hell.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

it's interesting when I agree with a jastiger post and then remember he wants to reject my citizenship/genocide me bc I was born in the wrong state.

Especially when I look quizically from Dallas to Des Moines and try to guess which one of us grew up around more gun-toting rural hicks with racist tendencies.

I dont want to genocidr you.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you do any exercise like jogging? It makes me hungry as hell.

I wish, I wish I were into jogging. But no, mostly nature walks and chore poo poo. Like I spent the last 5 hours cleaning out the attic and hauling trash bags, tonight I'll take the dogs for a walk.

I wish I were someone who liked gyms, sincerely.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

but one meal and a piece of toast a day sounds like under 1,000 calories. Isn't that what small children eat? Have more food and you'll have the energy to exercise.

e: also you don't need to go to the gym. There's plenty of ways to work out for free.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Apr 23, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

I dont want to genocidr you.

in that case, saddle up mi amigo, let's post.

Das Boo posted:

I wish, I wish I were into jogging. But no, mostly nature walks and chore poo poo. Like I spent the last 5 hours cleaning out the attic and hauling trash bags, tonight I'll take the dogs for a walk.

I wish I were someone who liked gyms, sincerely.

You sound unhealthy

like you aren't going to die or anything but people are supposed to enjoy food and fuel their muscles and organs.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Most people probably aren't counting their 700kcal coffees when talking about meals

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eating 3 meals a day is healthier because then you don't loving gorge yourself when meal time comes as much. If I eat breakfast I'll have a reasonable lunch. If I'm starving come lunch time I just order the biggest unhealthiest thing I can find.

Sentient Data posted:

Most people probably aren't counting their 700kcal coffees when talking about meals

Also booze.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A cup of coffee and a cup of chai, so throw on another ~300 calories. I do have a desk job during the week and I'm a pretty small woman, so it's not like I need much. :shrug:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

e: also you don't need to go to the gym. There's plenty of ways to work out for free.

Yeah just do bodyweight stuff

If you hate gains

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
individual motor car traffic needs to be abolished.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What counts as a meal vs a snack? Anyway, talking about number meals is silly. If you need to count that poo poo, count the calorie totals.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah just do bodyweight stuff
If you hate gains

Buy a kettlebell, and then a heavier one a bit later. :)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

doverhog posted:

What counts as a meal vs a snack? Anyway, talking about number meals is silly. If you need to count that poo poo, count the calorie totals.

Buy a kettlebell, and then a heavier one a bit later. :)

a snack is like a handful of nuts or a mini chocolate bar or something. I don't consider breaking out crackers and cheese blocks and lunch meats and having a go at it being a snack just cause it's not considered an organized meal

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Eating 3 meals a day is healthier because then you don't loving gorge yourself when meal time comes as much. If I eat breakfast I'll have a reasonable lunch. If I'm starving come lunch time I just order the biggest unhealthiest thing I can find.

There's nothing inherently unhealthy about gorging yourself in one big meal per day. There are popular diets based on doing just that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Das Boo posted:

A cup of coffee and a cup of chai, so throw on another ~300 calories. I do have a desk job during the week and I'm a pretty small woman, so it's not like I need much. :shrug:

That makes more sense. I'm a dude but 5'5'', and my family likes to eat out, so being told "oh jesus you need more" after I eat like a third of a restaurant meal is a regular thing for me.

sassassin posted:

There's nothing inherently unhealthy about gorging yourself in one big meal per day. There are popular diets based on doing just that.

There are bad mental associations that can develop when you do so, though. A big example is american truckers, who often end up obese because of their giant lunch or dinner after a long, hungry drive, and it's hard to give up that style of eating because it saves money and who doesn't like piling on the gravy after a workday?

Ultimately you need enough calories, but not too much, and enough nutrients and the only person who can decide what style of eating works to make you healthy and happy is yourself.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are bad mental associations that can develop when you do so, though. A big example is american truckers, who often end up obese because of their giant lunch or dinner after a long, hungry drive, and it's hard to give up that style of eating because it saves money and who doesn't like piling on the gravy after a workday?

Ultimately you need enough calories, but not too much, and enough nutrients and the only person who can decide what style of eating works to make you healthy and happy is yourself.

Generally speaking people are terrible judges of what makes them healthy and happy in the long term.

Even self-professed health nuts make retarded choices a lot of the time.

sassassin has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Apr 23, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Henchman of Santa posted:

I hate smoking but I can't imagine having the meltdowns you goons seem to have if you're within 100 feet of a cigarette

My throat will instinctually close up on me if it gets a whiff of cigarette smoke, causing me to cough. Other smoke is ok, weed, campfire etc, but cigarettes are intolerable. I basically have to hold my breath when I go to my condo since the guy between my unit and the elevator is a chain smoker.

Here smoking is not allowed within 30 feet of doors and that's just made it more difficult to walk down the street.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

doverhog posted:

What counts as a meal vs a snack?

Pretty much like Aesop said. Like a yogurt cup, piece of fruit or some pretzels.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That makes more sense. I'm a dude but 5'5'', and my family likes to eat out, so being told "oh jesus you need more" after I eat like a third of a restaurant meal is a regular thing for me.

Yeah, same. :( Family knows not to be concerned, but my friends tend to be way too vigilant about my meals. A lot of them also have on-your-feet jobs and commute by bike, so they forget they're burning way more energy than my computer-staring, transit-riding rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My throat will instinctually close up on me if it gets a whiff of cigarette smoke, causing me to cough. Other smoke is ok, weed, campfire etc, but cigarettes are intolerable. I basically have to hold my breath when I go to my condo since the guy between my unit and the elevator is a chain smoker.

Here smoking is not allowed within 30 feet of doors and that's just made it more difficult to walk down the street.

That sounds like more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Not that you should have to breath in smoke when you don't want to. I hate the smell of weed smoke and stoners are the rudest about that poo poo.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Frank Gehry should not be allowed to design any more buildings.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Miami Fish God is not any more stupid than the sport it commemorates.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Believing in astrology should be grounds for sanctions.

Same for any superstition, religion, etc.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Jastiger posted:

Re: Thailand politics

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I lay out newspapers for a living and every Sunday I put together the next week of horoscopes. It takes a strong will not to just use the same one for every day and move the sign descriptions around, just to see if anyone notices.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

That sounds like more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Not that you should have to breath in smoke when you don't want to. I hate the smell of weed smoke and stoners are the rudest about that poo poo.

I don't think so since I am usually not thinking about smoke at all when it happens. Seems closer to an allergy.

My mom smoked right up until she found out she was pregnant with me, always wondered if that is a factor.

In Vancouver weed smoke is omnipresent so I'm glad I don't feel the same about it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Weed smoke kills the gently caress out of my lungs and I'm sick of people telling me, no, it's actually good for asthma. Not if you're an asthmatic with an obvious allergy, dipshit.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
"More like old____less" replies are always terrible and people who continue to make them should be probated and banned.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Das Boo posted:

Weed smoke kills the gently caress out of my lungs and I'm sick of people telling me, no, it's actually good for asthma. Not if you're an asthmatic with an obvious allergy, dipshit.

This is like 1930's newspaper medical advice. Avoid cigarettes if you like breathing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Clam Chowdown posted:

"More like old____less" replies are always terrible and people who continue to make them should be probated and banned.

More like Clam Chowdumb

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

At this point the scientific consensus is so loving clear that ignorance is no excuse.

Too bad it has been shown that scientific proof has absolutely no effect on people's wrong opinions after they've made up their minds - except to strengthen their resolve because it's obviously a Big Whatever conspiracy that's churning out this "science".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Clam Chowdown posted:

Much like pretty much any past, current, and future goon in-joke, they usually start out being funny for a little while but people never know when to stop.

Also anyone who thinks scientists are paid off to manufacture results that suit some political agenda has never met a scientist before. If there was actually juicy bribe/hush money regularly available, there would probably be a lot of takers and scientists as a whole wouldn't be so poorly dressed living in apartments that are barely nicer than what the college freshmen live in. And since science has to be peer-reviewed, you'd also have to pay off the rest of the community to pretend they don't see the inconsistencies or misleading conclusions and we'd all be rich. Plus there's the whole "ethics" side of it I guess, there has to be at least some out there that would whistleblow the whole thing after being offered their payoff.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

People still believe the moon landing was fake. As if Russia wouldn't have dropped that proof bombshell decades ago.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Clam Chowdown posted:

More like oldhumorless :colbert:

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I always get a kick out of them

YeahTubaMike has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Apr 24, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

If anything I blame my constant near daily weed smoking from 11th-12th grade with triggering my asthma cause I sure as gently caress didn't have it until around when I was 18

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Much like pretty much any past, current, and future goon in-joke, they usually start out being funny for a little while but people never know when to stop.

Also anyone who thinks scientists are paid off to manufacture results that suit some political agenda has never met a scientist before. If there was actually juicy bribe/hush money regularly available, there would probably be a lot of takers and scientists as a whole wouldn't be so poorly dressed living in apartments that are barely nicer than what the college freshmen live in. And since science has to be peer-reviewed, you'd also have to pay off the rest of the community to pretend they don't see the inconsistencies or misleading conclusions and we'd all be rich. Plus there's the whole "ethics" side of it I guess, there has to be at least some out there that would whistleblow the whole thing after being offered their payoff.

Prople wo reject science, besides being gullible and dumb as hell, certainly font understand what they distrust. I've never met a young earth creationist the genuinely understood evolution, or a climate change denier that genuinely understood what climate change means. Its always some half baked juvenile understanding of what someone somewhere at some time said, and they give more credence to that than actually picking up a book.
My phuo is that people like this should be executed. Its 2017 and you can easily find data and information for this stuff. Willfully bring ignorant on things that effect others is shameful. Being someone that intentionally spreads ignorance (like the modern Repiblican party) should be grounds for execution too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People take politics too seriously.