Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

What they did to Faye alone justifies pirating every piece of their content in perpetuity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dm5Qz41W4g
also yes I would like to unsubscribe from catfacts

That's why I only pirate cats.
You might have bought her, but she's on my couch now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

thetoughestbean posted:

Part of the appeal of fantasy is exploring different worlds with different methods of being. People in fantasy worlds shouldn’t have the same worldview and morals as modern people and to demand that do is deeply silly

A... are we still talking about Eurovision?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

alexandriao posted:

PHUO: this is the 21st century, abortion jokes are largely bad taste

They were always in bad taste, OP. That's the funny part: Bad taste.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

And you kind of have to know your audience to use them. It isn't 2004 anymore where you can drop them and everyone goes lol online.

True. We are no longer the edgy kids.
We're the parents of current and future edgy kids. :ohdear:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

alexandriao posted:

sci fi when it's really good is cutting social commentary on the nature of humanity, gender, biology, etc.

No thank you. Give me Big loving Cool Ideas (#alastairReynoldsGang) over social studies everyday.

Issaries has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Nov 21, 2023

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I like music but I can't say I pay any attention to lyrics beyond them being another instrument in the mix. I don't think it's weird that people like a song for the lyrics but it's just not something I experience most of the time.

Either you listen bad music or you listen death metal.
But I repeat myself.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

a Military loyal to their local warlord, instead of state is such a good, stable system.

I hope King gets to keep his own battalion(s) to guard against a coup?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I doubt Stephen Fry is going to try to overthrow the king. But if he did, I think that’s the exact kind of innovation and dynamism the British government is in severe need of.

Would he be King Fry or King Stephen?

I vote For King Fry the 1st

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

That's just having a bit of charisma.
Most of the other pop-sci guys have either charisma of a dead fish or peddle quackery like aliens build pyramids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

credburn posted:

I know there are workarounds, but what I really don't get is what Shorts do. If you were trying to pitch me, a YouTube exec, Shorts, what would you say? Because "it's just like a regular video but it takes away features like volume and timeline control" isn't a selling point. It must do something else.

They are short and endlessly doomscrollable.
Just like tiktok.