Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Professor Shark posted:

Snapchat is just an excuse for people to take pictures of themselves

Selfies are the downfall of our society. Nobody loving cares about the 100th picture of you at the grocery store. I have taken exactly zero selfies in my life and I can't think of a situation in which I will ever take one. Nobody gives a poo poo that I got a haircut, I'm in a different city, or I just felt like taking a picture of myself, and I don't give a poo poo about yours, either.

Jastiger posted:

One of the best ways to judge the character of a person is how they react to and treat children. Their own or otherwise

Modifying this just a bit: I go by how they treat people in service to them.. whether it be a waiter/waitress, the cashier at the grocery store, the pizza delivery guy, etc. If you're a dick to the cashier, you're a dick in real life. There's no either/or here. That's not to say that if you're nice to them consistently you're a nice person, but if you're constantly a dick to them, you are 100% guaranteed to be an rear end in a top hat in all aspects of your life.

Also 99% of SA custom-title buyers are chickenshits who hide behind anonymity. If you've got guts enough to buy someone a really embarrassing or degrading custom title, you've got guts enough to publicly own it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mu Zeta posted:

They didn't commission 70 portraits of themselves eating a croissant though.

That's pretty much what I meant.

I don't have much of a problem with "OMG I RAN INTO A CELEBRITY AND WANTED TO GRAB A QUICK PICTURE." That's one circumstance where I'd probably do it. But "photo of person in random place making duckface for 600th time" drives me nuts. It's simply to gain attention that they're so desperately seeking.

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Nov 20, 2016

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

bobjr posted:

I'd say this is inaccurate for me just because I've seen people treat kids differently depending on if it's their own or otherwise. If someone treats kids like poo poo then they're probably not good people in other ways but if someone avoids or ignores a kid I don't see it as a bad thing, when I've seen people who dote on kids act horribly otherwise. How they treat service/retail members or animals works better for me.

One unpopular opinion I have is that ketchup is a bad condiment and there is always a better option.

I like ketchup on my hot dogs. Mustard can kiss my rear end.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Terrible movies are typically more entertaining that good movies. Low-budget, awful science fiction or horror movies are more fun to watch than current high-budget blockbusters.

Almost all movies that come out these days are bland rehashes of old ideas that follow a set formula and rely on CGI and flashy visuals to wow audiences. Few of them are ever memorable. That or blatant nostalgia cash ins. I get that they make money but they're always dreadful.

I don't think this is really an unpopular opinon, per se. There are lots of people who love the campy, terrible B-movies and have a lot of fun watching them with a lot of other people.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Seinfeld was an extremely overrated show.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tiggum posted:

Christmas in Killarney is a terrible song.

From a ways back, but I'd rather listen to Christmas in Killarney on a loop for a week than that loving Italian Christmas Donkey song even once.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors is simultaneously tthe best and worst song of all time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My plan for defending my home if I'm ever attacked there is to poo poo myself, whimper in the corner, and give the burglar whatever he wants.

Just yell "STOP! STOP! YOU'RE GIVING ME AN ERECTION!" and hope the burglar is uncomfortable enough to leave.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gripweed posted:

Because the people of DC want to be a state, not part of Maryland.

Also because the capitol should be independent and not give one state disproportionate power over the capitol city.

If DC became a state then just the area where the federal buildings are woukd be the federal district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

christmas boots posted:

Gonna be real embarrassing if you get saved a couple days later though and have to explain why you ate Bob without even touching the trail mix

I think they'd understand if you told them Bob was delicious. Offer them leftovers.