Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also sic semper goon I think it's normal for someone to change their thoughts/behavior due to something like that happening, but they should at least be logical. Like when I caught someone trying to break in through a partially open window one night, I started not leaving my windows open/unlocked like I usually did. How would harsher sentencing have prevented that from happening? (that's rhetorical in case it wasn't clear that I think he's dumb)

Because the tweaker wouldn't have been free to smash the window and attempt to raid the house and shiv my co-worker if he was in prison for his previous crimes? (Which he found out, were quite extensive.)

Should we wish to live in a society of social darwinism; in which the state has and apparently should have nothing to do with protecting its citizens from the criminal element, in which only the most brutal and ruthless win out and it's the victim's fault for being robbed, as implied by your windows story? Would you argue that rape victims shouldn't be wearing those clothes, because they should have known it would have attracted rapists, so therefore...?

Personally, I just found it bemusing that he was indifferent to the suffering of others at the hands of our felons, until it happened to him. A very human moment.

(Especially as he had a very irritating "I'm 19 years old, and I know everything" smug and superior tone while lecturing the rest of the office about his outrage.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU