Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

grittyreboot posted:

-4k/Ultra HD is a scam. The HD TVs we've had for the last 10 years pretty much hit the limit on what the human eye is capable of perceiving.

sorry about your bad eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Imgur is a lovely circle jerk of a community that generally isn't funny.

such an unpopular hot take

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Countries where seasons don't start at the beginning of the month are dumb. Seasons are pretty much arbitrary anyway so you may as well make it convenient and start them at fixed three month intervals on the first of the month.

loving lmao my dude. seasons are not even remotely arbitrary and happen because of the Earth's position relative to the sun, hth

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Changes in the weather happen because of the Earth's position. Seasons are just the names we give to arbitrary divisions of the year.

We said the exact same thing about seasons but you still don't know what arbitrary means lol. Seasons are not a random occurrence.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Oh, I get it. You guys don't realise that seasons start at different times in different countries. Some countries choose (arbitrarily) to base it on the equinoxes. Other countries choose (also arbitrarily) to base it on calendar months. I like the calendar month system better because it doesn't require me to know what or when an equinox is.

:ughh:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Christmas music made before like 1990 is cool and good and gets me in the spirit. Especially the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think it is dumb and bad to post on social media about a celebrity death as if you knew the person personally

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

"I can't comprehend how someone who was a huge influence dying can affect people"

durrrrr

That is not what I said even a little bit

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Breakfast Burrito posted:

movie theaters should ban snacks in general, i hate listening to you rustle around your maximum size feed bucket while i'm trying to engage with a movie, if you seriously can't go without snacking on fat and salt puffs and focus for 90 minutes stay home and strap on a feed bag like the animal you are

lol

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

It's pretty weird how pretty much every wrestler from the last 20 years is either dead from suicide or in jail. Except for The Rock.

actually all the wrestlers from the last 20 years are still the main eventers lol

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

Obama was merely Bush's third and fourth terms, and the amount of praise he's received during the past two months is revolting

Tiggum posted:

American presidents aren't actually that important and the amount of attention they get (both from Americans and internationally) is ridiculous.

lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: if you don't just rent I mean seriously.

lmao if you do

hmm yes I sure like living in a space with loud rear end in a top hat neighbors, bad management and constantly rising rent. yeah paying mortgage means interest and tax, and god forbid maintaining your own home, but these are not hard things with even the tiniest amount of trying

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

doverhog posted:

:lol: if you are comfortable being tied down to a mortgage. Bet your next genius move is gonna be raising a family! Not in this crazy world. No way, buddy, no way...

Yeah except for I'm not tied down because I have a thing called equity. I could sell my house right now if I really wanted to. But I don't, my house fuckin owns. And I can decorate and do things to it as I please! But please continue living in your apartment with white walls and 20000 restrictions.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

A home is only "equity" if you're not living in it. If you're living in it its your home and you'll need another one if you get rid of it. You, sir, have an asset.

You're right. My point that I'm not tied down to it still stands.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Build your house with your own two hands and the sweat of your brow and be free.

:grovertoot:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

E: also, house usually means living even father from work and away from public transit lines, so also factor in the big transportation cost increases, and also buying more premade/fast food due to having less time after a longer commute

lol what the gently caress is this

do you honestly think you can only get a house in the country or some poo poo?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:staredog:

That's a cracker box dude. My house cost me $147k for 1440 square feet. Your housing market isn't as great as you'd like to think.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

Their first album was one of the best metal albums around that time. I know that's not a very good endorsement but still it's pretty rad.

:laffo:

e: Oh I thought your post said "of all time," nevermind

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I completely disagree. If you value breaking the law over your employment you deserve to be fired no matter how long you worked there or how good of an employee you are. Companies should only employ law-abiding citizens.

:laffo:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Being in a capitalist society inherently means people will take advantage of you. I mean, "taking advantage" is literally the definition of capitalize. If you haven't learned to be distrustful of all advertising and salespeople, congrats on being taken advantage of for your whole life. Advertisers and salespeople outright lie ALL THE TIME, because all they want is that sale to inflate their profits a bit and I don't know why 99% of people believe everything they're told by these people. In the age of the internet, researching advertising and sales claims is ridiculously easy, especially now that smartphones are ubiquitous. I do my own research on products I'm interested in, and I'd like to think I get taken advantage of maybe just a little less because of this. Sorry if this is some alien concept of not trusting everything you're told at face value in a capitalist society.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Camping is fine for people who can stand getting away from their PC / X Box for more than a day without getting the shakes, hth. I miss the times I actually had time and opportunities to camp.

Yeah, the only reason people wouldn't like camping is not being able to play video games lmao

Maybe I'm a spoiled baby but I like sleeping in a bed, indoors. That's why I have a cabin where I can get all the benefits of camping(seclusion, unplugging, nature, drinking and smoking weed without consequence etc) without having to sleep outside or poo poo in the woods.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Disturbed's Land of Confusion is better than Genesis' original

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The only unappetizing thing to me about it is that it's from a can. Other than that it's just like any other processed ham-like precooked meat.

It's definitely better cooked than cold though, I couldn't imagine eating it on a sandwich like deli ham.

Spam with mustard on a croissant is actually good.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Guys deodorant also doesn't have aluminum.

Anti-perspirants definitely have aluminum

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why wouldn't you want an antiperspirant?

For me it has the opposite effect. Instead of stopping sweat it literally makes me drip sweat after a few hours. Plus it's probably not good to block sweat even if it's just redistributed to other sweat glands. Regular deodorants keeps me dry the whole day. :shrug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I feel much more sympathy for people who lost a dog than a cat. At least a dog acts like it likes you all the time, unlike a cat where it just tolerates your presence as long as you let it outside to decimate the local bird population and let it poo poo and piss inside your home.

lmfao at the bolded. We dedicate a minimum of one whole room to making GBS threads and pissing in, and are often the most extravagant rooms in a home. Don't act like it's somehow gross that cats go in litter boxes. "But that's different, we poo poo and piss in water!" you might say. I guarantee within the last 24 hours you've taken a poo poo that smells just as bad as a cat's piss or poo poo. Also lol at thinking cats are soulless robots that can't display love or affection.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tony Bologna posted:

The reason people like music is the same regardless of genre, attractive people. As a kid, adults used to be super impressed that I listened to "opera," but really Dmitri Hvorostovsky is just a beautiful man.

you really think everyone's tastes in music are based on how attractive the artist is? :laffo:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Munchables posted:

Time zones are stupid and I support a One World Clock.

Do you think the Earth is flat too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Being able to down drinks really quickly isn't something to be proud of or a sign of an "experienced drinking" any more than a professional speed eater is some sort of foodie. Also shots are stupid, if you don't like the taste of something enough to savour it you should drink something else. Speed drinking shows a total unappreciation for the drink and that the person only drinks to get drunk rather than enjoy their beverage.

lol

People like you that say "I don't drink alcohol to get drunk, I drink it for the taste :smuggo:" are so full of poo poo and everyone knows it including you. I mean I enjoy a cold beer as much as anyone, but there's plenty of value in doing shots too. I do shots when I want to jumpstart my buzz without consuming a bunch of empty calories mixing it with soda or whatever

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 22:41 on May 25, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

starkebn posted:

Why not both?

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have a really hard time sympathizing with people born in privileged or exciting areas. Like say someone spins a sob story about growing up working-class in the Bronx, all I can think is "oh my god, cry me a river. You know how many of us working-class folks from rear end in a top hat of Nowhere, West Texas would literally commit murder to grow up in New York Fuckin City?"

Kids who grow up where I'm from get all the meth and corrupt police, but also have never seen the ocean, or a building over four stories, or a restaurant that isn't subway, mcdonald's, or sonic. Our home is never on tv. No one ever immigrates there, unless maybe they're a day laborer on the down-low. A lovely apartment in a real city might as well be Beverly Hills to hicks like us.

:qq:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Anime... is for kids. (Especially whatever anime you will try to counter that with. That one is the most for-kids anime in the world, actually.)

It's also dumb and bad garbage for weeaboos

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

You: Oh I like some anime I guess

Me, an Intellectual: When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childho-

lmfao, you got super butthurt that I called anime bad so you searched my post history

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

It is one button click to see what someone has posted and it was on your second page of posts but okay. I am very mad right now, let me just tell you.

I didn't even direct my comment at you, yet you were apparently offended enough to spend the time looking through my posts to burn me. So yeah, I think you're mad.

also, I freely admit wrestling is dumb and bad too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

e: oh actually your first page of posts lol

:ironicat:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

as much as i loathe dismissing any criticism of anime, wrestling is far worse than even the most degenerate anime scum, hth

durrrrrr

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Those NES and SNES classic systems are loving stupid. It's incredibly easy to play any of those games a multitude of ways, even legally through a Wii you could buy for like $10 if you don't already have one you are using as a paper weight. People losing their minds over a glorified version of those junk consoles you can buy at the flea market.

While the average goon probably has the capacity to make a raspberry pi setup, the average person doesn't. And most people aren't willing to spend time bothering finding an old console when they can pay $80(or $300 to scalpers) for a new version of that old console that is preloaded with games and works with modern TVs. "It's so small and cute :3:" is definitely a factor too. This isn't hard to figure out.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FFX's story is actually good but completely tainted by the horrendous early voice acting. The sphere grid owned too and made FFX the very peak of the ATB system.

Oh and to the guy who said "the Japan numbers," uhhhh they're roman numerals my dude.

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Aug 28, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:corsair:

EmmyOk posted:

I think the dialogue is really awkward and the voice acting too mainly because it was their first time going from text only dialogue to voiced. There was also a bug where the English audio had to be shorter or equal into the length to the Japanese audio or the game would crash. It's why sometimes characters seem to be rushing their lines by the end. I played IX much later and it has a similar laughing scene and plenty of clunky dialogue that would sound much worse if spoken. I just really like a story about a terrifying sea monster that can't be stopped and appreciated the world building a lot. I liked the Sphere Grid in general but I thought it didn't take into account maxing out characters for late game stuff, everyone becomes identical accept for Limit Breaks and Yuna's summon ability.

I agree, but the point of doing end-game stuff is to get gently caress-off powerful so it doesn't really matter if everyone becomes the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Games is a terrible loving forum. Every time I go there to read about a game that just came out, I can't go more than like 3 posts before some dipshit spoils something cool about the plot or gameplay. I avoid Games like the plague.