Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Surely he's talking about the Dusty Classic finals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah pretty sure Cody is talking about the Dusty final. Live that match really sucked the life out of the place. TM61 seem like they're going to have a difficult time ever getting over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Regulation Size posted:

Boy, ur real dum

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/800174320475480064 Not even trolling he's kinda wank.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Surely he's talking about the Dusty Classic finals?

I'd be pretty mad if the tournament named for your dad had a rehash of a silly gimmick that was only used twice in the entire match, once to jump off the thing holding the cage and the second to end up hitting rovert in the face with a chain.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Lost among the discussion of the tag/world title matches is that we got a match with a man suspended above the ring in a shark cage in the year 2016

thelazyblank posted:

I'd be pretty mad if the tournament named for your dad had a rehash of a silly gimmick that was only used twice in the entire match, once to jump off the thing holding the cage and the second to end up hitting rovert in the face with a chain.

I'm pretty sure Dusty Rhodes, creator of WAR GAMES: THE MATCH BEYOND was pretty cool with silly gimmicks

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 20, 2016

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

Boy howdy can't wait for the Nakamura Was Always Bad posts to start rolling in now that rovert gave his lovely hot take

"Sami Zayn was Always Bad" was a pretty prominent take here for about a month after the lovely Stadust/Sami match at Roadblock

also lmao at the idea of Cody Rhodes criticizing Nakamura's work

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

Boy howdy can't wait for the Nakamura Was Always Bad posts to start rolling in now that rovert gave his lovely hot take
MRT is the one who started it 3 years ago so its hardly a new take; a little justified imo because Nakamura does phone it in a lot in non important matches.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ParanoidInc posted:

also lmao at the idea of Cody Rhodes criticizing Nakamura's work

who better to judge disappointing 6 month stretch than the American Nightmare himself Cody ______

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm pretty sure Dusty Rhodes, creator of WAR GAMES: THE MATCH BEYOND was pretty cool with silly gimmicks

true true

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

MRT is the one who started it 3 years ago so its hardly a new take; a little justified imo because Nakamura does phone it in a lot in non important matches.

this is the only good reason to have this take, because he absolutely does this, for better and worse, but having it after that kickass match is absurd

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADdh9kI6-M

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I had lower bowl seats and 4 dudes in my row from Niagara Falls walked straight out never to come back after the first match once Tye left the state. They spent at least $200 on those seats.

Lmao Ontario fans.

Revival vs DIY did tire out the crowd.

I saw a guy in full Brett Hart cosplay down the the ragged greasy hair strands. Lots of replica belts in the stands that night too.

Fantastic show. My party spent $50+ on four cans of Coors. lol.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I get more enjoyment watching Nakamura lazily kicking Patrick Clark about than I do from watching Dolph Ziggler go all out on a random episode of Smackdown.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 20, 2016

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You guys are allowed to have your opinions but I love Shinsuke Nakamura and will eventually marry him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

You guys are allowed to have your opinions but I love Shinsuke Nakamura and will eventually marry him

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/800142145424330752

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the men's division has been the least interesting part of nxt for about 18 months now they desperately need like a fresh underdog or something. Every champ since Kevin Owens has felt like an inevitable series of cool guys waiting their turn

I finally understand how people feel about Roman Reigns

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I love wrestling a lot sometimes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm sorry that's an incredibly unfair comparison to make given how much better a year Roman has had than Balor, Joe, and Nakamura

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

What I'm saying is Johnny Gargano should win the title

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

the men's division has been the least interesting part of nxt for about 18 months now they desperately need like a fresh underdog or something. Every champ since Kevin Owens has felt like an inevitable series of cool guys waiting their turn

I finally understand how people feel about Roman Reigns

I agree they should have had Tye go over Roode. I think Nakamura would have done great as a pseudo-heel underestimating him and starting off as lazy house show Nakamura before ramping up as he realised that Tye is actually good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The bestest https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/800162350951264256 https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/800163352467017729

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 20, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I missed this live, but holy poo poo was that Revival/DIY match utterly loving amazing.

Didn't expect a Joe win and I guess this ends my dreams of Joe going to the main roster anytime soon, but the main event was still a good match. Just not a scratch on that Tag Team Titles match, holy poo poo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah I definitely felt like Tye should have gone over. Now was the time if there was one. Roode can get a huge push anytime.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, was hoping Tye would win that one. Very good match though and the best Tye has ever looked.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Whats it like having bad opinions Rovert?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
bad.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is in no way a disclaimer that my own opinions aren't bad

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
In case it didn't make it on air, there was a small localized Chris Benoit chant when Joe had the crossface on. He transitioned out of it as soon as it started getting momentum. (most of the others in the vicinity boo'd the chant)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we don't need a link to your dumb loving twitter for your self-confirm of your poo poo opinion

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

why isn't Roode on the main roster?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oatgan posted:

What I'm saying is Johnny Gargano should win the title

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOI

Anyway

https://twitter.com/WWEAustralia/status/800187899027128321

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

why isn't Roode on the main roster?

Well he's only 39, he's got decades of his prime left!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNBKX3YjY1W/

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sat in the lower bowl. first live show. it was amazing. Crowd was so fun in my section. Shout out to the guy singing Samoa Joe's music when everyone was doing Nakamura's, and the guy dressed like Dean Ambrose in the bathroom....

Tag match was insane. Felt so real.
Joe/Nakamura was also amazing. Unsure if it sounded muted but everyone around me was super into it. Overall a fantastic time.

Oh and Tye is so loving over. People were chanting 10 from the bathrooms to the bars on Front

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Were those violinists even playing anything?

Also surely Joe winning means a Nakamura callup? I figured whoever lost here would be main roster bound regardless.

THAT loving TAG MATCH

Also your opinion on Nakamura sucks bad, rovert.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 20, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dave made it sound like Nakamura wants to be king of NXT for awhile longer. That may have changed, but hey - it's the WWE, so win a title changes hands, that means a rematch is in order.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dave made it sound like Nakamura wants to be king of NXT for awhile longer. That may have changed, but hey - it's the WWE, so win a title changes hands, that means a rematch is in order.

Well given the cage match in December I was thinking maybe Joe wins, Shinsuke Rumble debut or something.

And I like Joe a lot but I kinda hate his top heel persona. It's very Brock, and everyone knows how I feel about Brock.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

There's that cage match in Australia and also the upcoming tour of Japan is/was advertising a Joe/Nakamura title match so I'm not sure we're getting another takeover main event with those two unless they have zero confidence in anybody else

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well given the cage match in December I was thinking maybe Joe wins, Shinsuke Rumble debut or something.

And I like Joe a lot but I kinda hate his top heel persona. It's very Brock, and everyone knows how I feel about Brock.

He's Brock, except he cuts his own promos, is full time and wrestles his rear end off. He's all the intimidation and physical domination of Brock with none of the absolutely not giving a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^^ My man :hfive: ^^^

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree with your hate on Brock but that's because Brock doesn't give a poo poo anymore and he's just rehashing the same thing that was cool at first and then got old real fast. Joe clearly gives many shits and does a whole lot more in the ring so I'm ok with his act.

• Locked thread