Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

First he talks about respecting human rights and other people and then he wants Pence to uphold American values? Make up your mind, bro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pikavangelist posted:

i claim this page for the country that controls tim hortons, and is therefore the real canada

Brazil?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Well, at least America does not have to worry about Trump instituting a state of emergency that will never be lifted.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Nothing novel happened in Europol.

Oh, I guess, MIGF posted again about how the right-wing surge in Europe is Germany's fault because Merkel did not personally execute every migrant at the border or something like that. :shrug:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Octatonic posted:

I'd like you all to know that America can't be racist because we have a black friend president. Identity politics are a distraction from the real goal of implementing policy that will help everyone, like white men, and I am a real leftist, thank you.

Don't forget to mention that you're 1/32 Native American, so you like totally get what being oppressed is like.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

MizPiz posted:

The scum in our society decided to start wearing things like running clothes as an everyday outfit, and replacing "sports" with "active" makes it easier for them to rationalize doing so.

You're aware that Athleisure and consorts are a trend that originated among young women, yes?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Rodatose posted:

i'll bet most people working in the private sector feel something like that

At least still feeling something.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Gonna post a bunch of US generals with undercuts in response

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

boner confessor posted:

it's the same loving thing except with a PDO attached

DV parachute spotted.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

What's up with sarkozy

Learned the hard way that proportional voting means a a candidate's votes are proportional to his height.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also wanted to give Germany nukes.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we as a species should unify behind launching the person who came up with "the internet of things" into the sun

Sounds like a job for Big Data and Industry 4.0.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badger of Basra posted:

how many hours are work weeks in non-french europe

In Germany it's generally 40 hours with 48 hours being the hard legal cutoff. Some unions and good corporate jobs have 35 or 37,5 hour workweeks.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

usually under 40 in east/north too. formally 40 in latvia but it is good tone to have an hour shorter friday

e: seeing randlers comment, idk if we have a legal cutoff as such in latvia

You do. It's part of the acquis communautaire.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

exmarx posted:

wish people in the lyin' media would stop using "white nationalist"

It's true, though?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its hurting his friend's feelings

Nah, I think he's going for an "All Americans are nationalists, so why single out the white ones." woke-strafe.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

Or if there was mandatory conscription and kids didn't go to college until they were 22

Is 22 old to start college by American standards?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

Vast majority start at 18.

Guess that explains why a lot of US college classes sound like high school stuff.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Happy Genocide day, Americans.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Applied for a Steam refund with 111 in-game minutes and within 14 days if you count end of day instead of 24*14 hours.

Wonder if it goes through.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they can be very lenient with the game refunds, but it appears to vary on publisher basis.

Well, it is below 2 hours and my understanding of 14 days is that a purchase made on the 10th can be refunded up until the 24th at 24:00. But Valve might be an exactly 1209600 seconds after purchase shop.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
kalstrams, I also need your bad MMO advise.

Is the basic Elder Scrolls Online for ~10 USD worth it, if I just want an open-world thing to screw around for a bit or should I get a modded Skyrim, Fallout 4 or Dragon's Dogma for that instead? (Assuming EU servers.)

While I received my glorous 45 € yearly bonus payout, I do not want to spend it all in one place for pay to win stuff.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
:staredog: 68 GB game :staredog:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

thats just the download size :madmax:

It's gonna be the launcher as per the original release date and Steam will download the entire 85 GB of the game again, I assume? :smith:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nah, the launcher will patch less than 10 gb iirc. it does take more than 68 gb on drive though

Maybe I should start budgeting for a new SSD.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Melange?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"black worshippers"? ? ?

Yeah, everybody know the calf worshipped by Americans is actually golden.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/turning-point-usa-launches-professor-watchlist.html

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

RuanGacho posted:

Fabric is like energy Badger its too cheap to meter internet.

Wait something broke down there.

Material costs are actually a non-neglible factor in clothing prices.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The costs of the material to the producer are the same among a span of sizes due cloth usually coming in certain standard sizes. Think of it as cutting differently sized shapes out of the same sheet of paper. The paper you take out varies in size but you still need one sheet.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

Hello,
This week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it The Foundation Update, because we have added the foundations of base building, and also because this is putting in place a foundation for things to come.

base building is dumb op

Dehumanize yourself and face to becoming a homemaker.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Is this for some catastrophe/weather emergency preparation?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Octatonic posted:

seeing death and resurrection played out symbolically thousands and thousands of times.

Sounds like somebody needs to :gitgud:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
New Zealand has a leftist government?

I always assumed you guys just had some offbrand Tories ruling you like a smaller England.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

merry exmarx posted:

there's a sure-to-be-bad reboot coming

It came out on Friday. And people are upset about Rory getting hit by a car while crossing the street to reunite with Logan just before it fades to credits.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'd also like to point out that this is obviously a wrong thinker chart, because Full Communism isn't mapped on the same coordinate as ideal society. :colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

It's funny watching you guys try to like sort out how to talk to normal people.

It's all about slurring your speech and interjecting "git'r done", right?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Volkerball, are you still in the market for a toaster?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I guess I can unbookmark USPol now, with ESO zone chat giving me the same basic experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, that's seems to be oddly common theme for more laid back mmo chat channels. saw the same in eso over the past weekend, and year ago in swtor as well. how are you finding the game, btw?

Not regretting my :tenbux: thus far. Seems like it does "Casual open-world game for music and podcasts" pretty well. (Though for some reason I couldn't connect to servers for a long time and had to brute force until I got into one of them.)

Also, I can be a lizard with a huge sword.

• Locked thread