Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My kids shout everything. When I tell them to be quiet because mom's asleep or whatever they either ignore me or respond to every tiny noise *I* make with an 80 decibel "SHHHHH DAD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

So apparently my friend in the span of a year has gone from stage 4 kidney failure and now he may not need a transplant anymore because the damage has somehow healed itself

. What?
Was it caused by an infection or something? I don't know a ton about kidney disease but yeah that's weird.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I love livers so much that I hate eating them because they are wonderful things, livers are, and also taste gross.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

Supposedly it was some disease but I forgot the name of it.

What's especially weird is about 6 months in he gave up on the renal diet and it really didn't make a difference.
(After looking into it I guess kidney disease does actually get better on its own sometimes, and stage 4 isn't actually total failure, that's stage 5)

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 21, 2016

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My brother and I bond over The Denver Broncos and my mom being nutty and to a much lesser extent video games.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If you hate yourself it saves time, because that becomes the organizing principle for hating others.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Who has time to hate person A for X and person B for Y.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The guy in the orange shirt waddling out during the crescendo pulls a lot of focus. And then there's that scrappy doo giggler who comes up to pat a person on the back and do a sig heil so he has somebody to sit with at lunch or something.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlesFinch/status/802549990451073024

we dont tek kindly to racial intolerance round these parts, boy
that's sweet pat him down for a suicide vest just to be safe

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I am choosing to believe that that white goo at the end is mashed potatoes and not some aioli or something.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

So Dylan kliebold is going to defend himself. Seems he just wants to spread his message and prolly harass the witnesses
just because this confused me terribly: you mean Dylann Roof (Dylan Klebold was one the two Columbine guys who shot himself)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The ideology eater posted:

when are we gonna talk about the dylan problem in this country
Call me a victim blamer but IMO we just have to give them enough space to spit their hot fire.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
accounting leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to coding

give in to the dark side

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Well that's just great.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Swan Oat posted:

the best election take of 2016 has got to be josh toilet paper man calling for a coup

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/803071975413452800

hahahaha
He's not calling for a coup he's hoping the unelected bureaucrats and lobbyists and plutocrats etc. keep the dumpster fire in the dumpster.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rodatose posted:

moving to florida and investing in Death Panel futures
I am putting them on my roof to save on my energy bills and also kill the elderly and infirm.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If we close down Hampshire, where will our country's progressive hobbits learn art history?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
One of our cats sits behind my laptop and curls his tail around in front of the screen because he wants to be petted constantly. He also pushes stuff off tables and mantles if it's time to feed him.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 29, 2016

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I like our two cats (my wife got them before we met) but am not going to be devastated when they're gone. They are getting old, have semi-expensive health problems, have had bouts of throwing up and peeing outside litter their litter box, etc. Going to try to string together some pet-less years before we have a weak moment and we/our kids get a puppy.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not that a lot of people live through plane crashes, but I wonder what percentage of those ever fly again. I have zero anxiety flying but I bet if I lived through anything worse than Flight 1549 (the Sully one that landed safely in the Hudson) I would never fly again.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

rear end struggle posted:

Actually most plane crashes have no fatalities.
I'm sure we could have a great and informative time parsing accidents versus crashes but I'll pass.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aeryk posted:

What if you self immolate while wearing a flag
Your corpse will lose citizenship and be brutalized and then be washed and re-granted citizenship and then be thrown into a chemical processor to be used as raw materials for new US flags.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I didn't know Nickelback was Canadian. They seem very not-Canadian to me.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there were a bunch of bland pearl jam knockoffs from western canada in the early 2000s
The US had about a thousand, too. I don't know to me they just seem kind of dumb and fake in an American way and not a Canadian one.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

PupsOfWar posted:

theyre from alberta

so basically north dakota
Yeah maybe you and muppets are right. When I think Canadian it's basically people in the southeast and in Vancouver, since that's all I know.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Hollismason posted:

Oh good morning neighbor did they hire you to tear out the copper wire of this construction site after they installed it that's weird why are you riding away with it on a bicycle
Oh I see you're selling it to get money for heroin that's curious now why wait you aren't going to shoot that up are you oh dear.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My wife is going to go Christmas crazy this weekend. Goddamn she loves Christmas.

On a related note, last week at kindergarten my older son listed the things he was thankful for as: -his brother, -his mom, -his health, -food, -school. I didn't even beat school.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

Old people are highly susceptible to dying from old age.
WE ARE NOT

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Kids love to do stuff like that. My wife gets owned all the time, too.

The Thanksgiving was a little weird because it wasn't intentional, though I don't think he is actually thankful for "his health" seems he was coached or cribbing from others or something.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The one time I was owned that was not funny to me was with my youngest, who is obstinate. He never said please or thank you without you dragging it out of him (until semi-recently at least). Anyway, I slipped up once and gave him something he asked for without saying please and he ran around the house yelling "I didn't have to say please! I didn't say please!" like he just won the lottery or something and it was infuriating.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wait for what kind of posting?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe they pokemon went to the polls but didn't pokemon vote and instead just pokemon played pokemon.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The thinking man's butt and breast assault show.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think staying away from USPOL is the only advice this thread gave me that I have followed. I think most of the rest of the advice was to gently caress or kill myself though so there's that.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Vinesboro Reds

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Lucky Strike and Ikes

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
rotd do you think you would be "in" if it was creepily-sexualized dudes instead of chicks, though.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I hate pooping at work so if I have to I usually go down to a different floor where I don't know anyone to do the shameful deed.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Berke Negri posted:

this goes for you too
Yeah I can accommodate this request I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not that this makes me an expert at all, but I have a degree in East Asian studies (80% of which was Japanese language/history/culture). I learned to dislike Japan and only finished the coursework for sunk cost reasons.

• Locked thread