Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
jeez i had forgotten about tinkzorg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

I can't believe that North Korea sent that dude back to the US with brain damage.

all the poo poo that happens in 2017 and that's the one you can't believe, huh

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Apparently it also needs to be pointed out that reading is for nerds and that the end of book stores will hopefully end the historical error of recreational reading.

good lord does your hatred of protestants stretch a long way

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ah, an insomnia generator

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
making a potato waffle from frozen tater tots was a decent idea im just gonna pretend everything else in that video didn't happen

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

im an inflamed growth on the lower intestine

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i have a job again

on the one hand it is doing calls, on the other hand since the calls are 'please donate more money so we can stop trump loving up [insert issue and details here]' for once i dont have to worry about coworkers being mras or maga chuds

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
it is impossible to overstate how much more bearable even call center work is when you have coworkers who aren't utter shitfuckers that'll go off about the mexicans at the drop of a hat

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

let's revisit this in a month

ive worked call center before so i have experience to compare it to

more bearable won't necessarily mean bearable after all

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i'm not sure palestinian genocide is an inherent feature of the jewish race, but if the german would like to lecture us on what is and isn't inherent to jewishness feel free

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

US dollar.

Almost triple the individual and double the household median gently caress anyone who disagrees that is rich

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Local news reported something about Trump passing something related to his planned tax cuts. At the end, they shortly pointed out that now the Republicans only need 51 instead of 60 votes (out of 100) to pass tax laws in the Senate.

I haven't found anything decent online on that, could somebody point me in the right direction? Because it seems odd to me that you could lower the majority required while not having that majority in the first place.

60 was never actually the majority needed for passing legislation in a strict sense, but simply required as a matter of senate rules to end a filibuster

The much alluded to 'nuclear option' is that it would be possible to remove the filibuster entirely with 51 votes at any time because its simply a matter of changing internal rules of the senate

The Senate majority doesn't do this because at least ten of them actually want all the nonsense to fail while being able to pretend they support it to keep winning elections

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
now me i have never seen even an inch of snow in person

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

australian animals look like the alternate versions of pokemon in sun/moon

Yeah because it was the other way around, that was one of the inspirations for alolan forms

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

I have to admit that I didn't really expect a Canadian city to shut down from 2-4 cm of snow. Is Canada way less snowy than I expect or does it just have bad infrastructure?

same latitude as nuremberg, its not actually snowy

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

End of days for America maybe. The rest of us just keep on truck simulatoring.

Also isnt LA supposed to be one of the most multicultural places in the world? How is it harder to find good cultural food there than it is in my city of 200k?

its not that INTEGRATED, which is the key thing

sacramento's actually the most integrated city in america, but suffers from also being a TERRIBLE city

and who knows if that'll hold true in a decade now that legions off white people from the bay are starting to move inland for housing

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mooyashi posted:

Sacramento has the park with the chickens and a gay hamburger joint tho

sadly the gay hamburger joint isnt there any more

:rip: hamburger patty's

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sudo rm -rf posted:

it will probably be the main topic of discussion in both uspol and the trump thread

pretty optimistic to think uspol would be discussing something other than hillary bad

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Sounds boring.

I picked up Trails of Cold Steel and Aetlier Sophie during the last Steam sale. Which one should I start with? Ive never played an Atelier or Legend of Heroes game before so itll be all new.

legend of heroes is a jrpg so if you've played any of those you know roughly what to expect-ish

atelier games are very different from just about anything, just be prepared for extremely adorable

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

R. Mute posted:

whoever said the trump presidency would be gift to satire and comedians was dead wrong.

the onion has been doing fantastic work with it, but nobody else seems willing to get dark enough

also it is turning out that like half of all comedians are sex offenders so that hasnt helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

thats literally the forums business model tho

speaking of internet feuds

hey randler

• Locked thread