Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Lucky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I want to 6* my ExDeath, but he's at like level 13/15 of his limit break at 4*, so I kind feel like I'm in it for the long haul at this point.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

After two and a half full days of grinding Maranda/Forge, I finally got CoD to 6*. Now to get her to 100 and kill Maxwell.

At least I got like three hero rings out of this poo poo.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Voodoo posted:

I want to 6* my ExDeath, but he's at like level 13/15 of his limit break at 4*, so I kind feel like I'm in it for the long haul at this point.

I've not built a limit break at all. I don't even think I'm any more than a tenth of the way through to level 2 on any character. It seems like it'd be a bigger grind than building TMs.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Exdeath has a good limit burst, but it has very little to do with his utility. I wouldn't recommend holding him back just to level it up, since getting him to 6* makes him the best mage in the game at this point

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

How does this game do when trying to play cross-platform? I have a new android phone that can run it but I've been playing on my ipad at home. Any issues? (can't download it and try right now because I'm not near a wireless connection)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I asked this elsewhere but speaking of Exdeath's LB, I can't think of any place where you'd practically use it. If he's part of your PvE team now, then yea it is awesome, but looking at the Mage meta in JP:

- Mages are nowhere to be found in PvE.
- Mage niche is Arenas where you'll be 1-turning the opponent and likely never see an LB.

Considering the monumental effort it takes to farm up an LB, I'm not seeing the pay off. Maybe I'm wrong.

I just started Cecil's LB grind and it's horrific. About 1.5 hours to solo clear Wolfsgang Peak for ~140ish LB uses. loving slog.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

big cummers ONLY posted:

How does this game do when trying to play cross-platform? I have a new android phone that can run it but I've been playing on my ipad at home. Any issues? (can't download it and try right now because I'm not near a wireless connection)

The only issue is that your lapis is tied to the platform its earned on. So, you could have 1400 on your ipad, and 3000 on your android, and not be able to access one at a time, unless you switch your device.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

big cummers ONLY posted:

The only problem you would have is that Lapis doesn't transfer between platforms. You can login and use your account from both platforms, but you'd have separate banks of lapis on each platform.

/\/\/\ :argh:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, it rules when Exdeath's LB goes off on a boss and totally cripples them, but more and more content is resisting those debuffs, and it's hard to count on actually having it when you need it anyway.

Plus at six star he's probably more useful making GBS threads out damage with dualcast anyway

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Well that's stupid. Thanks for answering!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Well that's stupid. Thanks for answering!

Stupid for us, but it has to do with cash purchases in the in App Store for Apple and Android. They don't want you buying something on one store and using it on another platform.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^ Literally all cross-platform games work this way.

Voodoo posted:

I took Exdeath #2 to 10/10 on his LB and I'm probably just going to feed him my stat pots and make him my 'main' Exdeath once my current lvl 80 and this one are both taken to level 100. Then I'll get #3 maxxed whenever. I'd love to take it to 15/15 or 20/20 before going to 6* so I can max him totally but honestly it's hard to not apply status effects with his LB as it is and gently caress LB grinding.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

yeah i got this today

is it good?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It is good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah i got this today

is it good?

In a couple days he becomes a 6* mage that can natively dualcast Meteor. No TMs? No problem! :science:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah i got this today

is it good?

I mean, he's only the best mage that Global will see for a long time. He can dual cast meteor without an TMs. I guess he's alright.

Oh yea, and he gets 30% humans, birds, beasts, plants and bugs killer with all his spells. And his own version of Holy that hits all enemies and ignores 25% spirit, though it is a skill so I imagine you can't dual cast it.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 23, 2016

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
JP vid showing the FFV event we're getting soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2JhzwWYz4

Doesn't seem too tough but we might get a +1 difficulty version like we did with FFT.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
aight cool

i also pulled a CoD, Garland, Kain, Duane and edgar over the last few days

current team im rolling is;

arc
refia
agrias
garland
CoD

who should i be using?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Exdeath may be able to dual summon giant death space rocks or w/e but I think it's more important to point out that he's a kickin' rad heavy armor mage treeguy with a sword that can cut through space-time and he picks fights with turtles. Exdeath's pretty cool!
I hope I roll one soon

SquirrelGrip posted:

aight cool

i also pulled a CoD, Garland, Kain, Duane and edgar over the last few days

current team im rolling is;

arc
refia
agrias
garland
CoD

who should i be using?

Your current team is pretty good, Garland is the weakest spot in there and Kain is probably definitely better than him with a good spear. Otherwise stay the course until you get some new asskicker to replace Garland/Kain.

e: fixed a thing, Garland's been falling behind with all the new kids

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 23, 2016

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
thanks friends

guess im chasing luneth/lighting now

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

JP vid showing the FFV event we're getting soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2JhzwWYz4

Doesn't seem too tough but we might get a +1 difficulty version like we did with FFT.

Oh right, Big Bridge.

Well now I just want the music from FFRK's Big Bridge event with the lyrics they had. It was fantastic.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SquirrelGrip posted:

thanks friends

guess im chasing luneth/lighting now

If you're patient, Garland will (eventually) get a 6* form that makes him pretty similar to Lightning, except with Doublehand instead of Dual-Wield. His skillset's pretty similar aside from that, though.

It's just that at his 5* state, he's pretty solidly outclassed.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
my current issue is getting mats to awaken

garland from 3*
edgar from 3*
refia from 4*
arc from 4*

gently caress rng

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Once Excalibur #2 finishes, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out whether to keep Dual-Wield on Elza, or move it over to Bartz. Stupid Elza and her weapon equipment restrictions.

I think dual-Excalibur on Bartz is going to out damage dual-spear Elza.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Once Excalibur #2 finishes, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out whether to keep Dual-Wield on Elza, or move it over to Bartz. Stupid Elza and her weapon equipment restrictions.

I think dual-Excalibur on Bartz is going to out damage dual-spear Elza.

Yea, only having one dual wield is a pain for me too. I think I might build up Buttz and slap it on him, then just put all 4 Spooky Aura's on Dracu Lasswell with my Excalibur and put the rest of the big damage stuff on Buttz (dual wield, blade mastery, Shakirabufuki, Gungnir) then start grinding double hand for CoD.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Shakirabufuki

:respek:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Day 1 of my vacation, connect to hotel wifi and pull my first zidane.

Vacations rule.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Yea, only having one dual wield is a pain for me too. I think I might build up Buttz and slap it on him, then just put all 4 Spooky Aura's on Dracu Lasswell with my Excalibur and put the rest of the big damage stuff on Buttz (dual wield, blade mastery, Shakirabufuki, Gungnir) then start grinding double hand for CoD.

Hmm, on second running of the numbers, looks like Elza still pulls ahead. Buttz, however, seems to be able to just break 500 ATK with Doublehand on himself and an Excalibur which is much better than I figured it would end up. So I might go that route with him instead.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I wish the new banner would start already. I want exdeath and greg super bad.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Hmm, on second running of the numbers, looks like Elza still pulls ahead. Buttz, however, seems to be able to just break 500 ATK with Doublehand on himself and an Excalibur which is much better than I figured it would end up. So I might go that route with him instead.

Once Garland gets his 6* increase, he's going to become my Doublehand beast. One of you math wiz guys tell me what he'd be at with Doublehand, Excalibur, 2x Bracer, Dark Helm, 10% atk x2 (Recipe should be out by then,) Barrage and a Power of Creation. Has to be over 700 at least right? Without Dual Wield.

EDIT: Need a Barrage though, his single target dps would be pretty lacking without it.

EDIT: vvvv Yea, but I only have one dual wield, I can put it on someone else and have two characters who hit harder than a truck.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 23, 2016

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

My only hesitation about Garland is that his skills won't hit twice using double hand instead of dual wield.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Skyridge posted:

My only hesitation about Garland is that his skills won't hit twice using double hand instead of dual wield.

At the same time, you do realize that each chunk of Dual Wield is only using one hand's worth of ATK, right? Not the entire thing?

A 4-hit barrage with each hit doing 50k damage and an 8-hit barrage with each hit doing 25k damage are effectively equivalent. The only time #hits becomes relevant is when you're either using things like the Aurora Scarf/Twin Lance which just flat out add hits, or in Arena where damage is capped.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Once Garland gets his 6* increase, he's going to become my Doublehand beast. One of you math wiz guys tell me what he'd be at with Doublehand, Excalibur, 2x Bracer, Dark Helm, 10% atk x2 (Recipe should be out by then,) Barrage and a Power of Creation. Has to be over 700 at least right? Without Dual Wield.

EDIT: Need a Barrage though, his single target dps would be pretty lacking without it.

EDIT: vvvv Yea, but I only have one dual wield, I can put it on someone else and have two characters who hit harder than a truck.

Couple things: Your materia on 6* Garland would want to include a Doublehand. Doublehand (materia) stacks with Doublehand (unit passive). It just doesn't stack with itself on GL for some reason, so you can't run 4 copies of the materia.

I'm also not sure you need Barrage. 6* Garland gets a 140% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & AoE 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist attack, which is 280% normalized the first hit, and then at least 25% more damage on subsequent hits if you add Dark element to his attacks (which he has an ability for).

But yes, your setup with Barrage and a Doublehand materia inplace of one of the 10% ATK works out to 705 ATK with a maxed Ifrit.

Edit: And when Enhancements come out for him, he gains +50% more on his Doublehand passive which gives you +97 ATK more, so you could break 800 then. And his attack I mentioned goes up to 180% and -75% Dark Resist which means you really don't need Barrage at that point, so you can stuff more ATK materia on him.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 23, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not filling your summon bar is punishment for using those awful character nicknames that infest the FFRK thread. :colbert:

I regret nothing!

Though the only one I take full credit for was the one for Valefor, and its totally apt! Everything else was already a thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I want a Garland. :(

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

At the same time, you do realize that each chunk of Dual Wield is only using one hand's worth of ATK, right? Not the entire thing?

A 4-hit barrage with each hit doing 50k damage and an 8-hit barrage with each hit doing 25k damage are effectively equivalent. The only time #hits becomes relevant is when you're either using things like the Aurora Scarf/Twin Lance which just flat out add hits, or in Arena where damage is capped.

Right but say you are using two 120 attack weapons giving you a total of 600 attack. Minus one of those would mean each hand is attacking at 480 right? So it wouldn't be half.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
GOT EM

Diablos evocation down, because RAIDEN got all the crystals.
This of course happens the one time I forgot to actually drink the hyper potion.

Guess I can try for the 10k karma, since the more tickets the better

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So star quartz are dropping pretty regularly and I already bought two earrings. Is the black belt worth it? (Def 15 + counter)

I have Lightning and Luneth who both have counter innate. Is it worth getting for Cecil? He doesn't really hit hard, but the 15 DEF is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Is something up with the first Diablos fight's challenges? I summoned Dialbos on him in two separate fights and I can't get the "Evoke Diablos" challenge. I'm not finding much with my google-fu with this either.

• Locked thread