Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to killing the plant. Took Dana's Noctis because it still had plant killer on it, well that and the 770 attack. Brought my 2 Lightnings, Agrias, Cecil, and Refia. Glad I waited until I finished up the dualcast TM for Refia. Cecil would get curbstomped pretty often and was nice to raise him and throw a curaja out on the same turn. Wish I had a CoD to give the mace too, but when Butz isn't trying to gale barrage petrify people with the Golem staff he can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They need to throw a lapis reward in because of the amount I'll have to burn just to claim the 30 Gigantaur reward from the event.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

It's five runs a day, you shouldn't have to burn any Lapis unless you REALLY need to get it done ASAP.

I mean I can't accept them until I have the open inventory space, which I don't.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What to 6* next question.: Exdeath or Cheez.? Already have 2 6* Ex's but they're the only 6* damage mages I have (are there any others yet anyway). As for Cheez I have already have 2 Lightnings, Butz, Mercedes, and Draculaswell at 6. Leaning towards Ex #3, but not in a rush.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

The role of Charlotte becoming the majority of all pulls has now been replaced by Ingus.

Just for the hell of it, I burned a ticket on the generic rare banner. Still got Charlotte.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did my daily Charlotte pull and got Charlotte. Used a ticket and got Zidane #3. That should take care of all my DW needs, with already having 2 Lightings.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the most part I don't really enjoy the arena much., but when you're down to your last guy about to lose and then Butz petrifys the last 3 opponents all in the same Gale Barrage to win you kinda have to smile.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget maintenance is at a goofy time again, 10PM tonight I think?

e: Pacific Time

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 28, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I swear Memu needs some time to warm up or something. The first 2 or 3 times I run my TM macro it crashes in less than 5 minutes, every time, but then it runs fine. Idgi

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get arena sometimes. I face the same team back to back and do the same attacks/spells and sometimes a dude I killed the first time ends the turn with 1/2 health or more the 2nd time. It's like it randomized resistances or something.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was all excited it looked like I was going to kill DF with an Esper, until I brain froze and picked Diablos. Sad trombone.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another solid few banners behind pull...
daily: Snow #1
1 ticket: Mercedez #2

Also I'd be nowhere without goon whales, but it sure is nice to pick a friend without dual-wield sometimes so I can hit auto and grind stuff 2 seconds faster.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Artemios casually murdering a dragon

Not to mention a bunch of other poo poo that falls out of the sky. He needs a 6* just to see what else he drops.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I get a cheap thrill out of TM grind racing. Started 2 Gafgarions at the same time and one is at 33.5 and the other is at 31.1

I'm the dork that covers the screen during a pull and slowly lifts my hand up to reveal the dude or dudettes feet first. Today's 1/2 pull I didn't even recognize the thing with the whole body revealed. Was a Ludimille, which I hadn't seen since the banner, and it was 3* and the one I TM'd was 4* and they look pretty different. Cool, might as well burn a ticket, that's pretty decent.

Woo rainbow #5 is Dark Fina (Gilbert, Draculaswell, Lightning x2). Need a Mog event to level her though. No rush since I have 2 lvl 100 Ex's. Weirdly I still need a CoD, been playing since launch and pull all the time and never had one.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was a pretty long run of not much to do but TM grind. Since Frosty ended (where a lot of people even had all the rewards by the end of the first week) all you basically had to do was run the 5 Aquapolis levels plus the dailies and you were set. Will probably TM the first few days of the Type-0 while hoping to get some bonus units and waiting for friends to get some too. I suggest if you get lucky on pulls to really hammer the King Mog stuff. I lucked into 2 Lightnings (100% Bonus) and 3 75% bonus units during the last one and with a friend Lightning I was rolling in gears. Ended up with 50 of every 6* mat, both trust Moogles, and anything else useful. Then again it may not work well with this banner since the difference in running 2+1 Lightnings and say 2+1 Aces may be hard to overcome.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is why I hammered King Mog last banner when I got lucky pulls :saddowns:

7 pulls today:
Gold Edgar
Freya
Xiao
Ludmille
Vann (been playing since July and never got him til today)
Zidane #4
Gold Leo

Couple of good TMs but no bonus units

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
1st question: who would be better served with Dual-wield (with no other TM stuff)? Chizuru, Bartz, Mercedes, or Dracula Laswell? I have some TM stuff (Bracer x2, Excal, StQ) but they're on a Lightning. Maybe just put the DW on whoever matches up with the boss of the week's weakness?

2nd: next round of TMs? I won't list everything I have (basically every non-5* base), but in general should I keep grinding stuff for Lightning or toast a batch for my Dark Fina? Will do 4 items/abilities and then question 2a: either DW#2 or Dual-cast #2? I already have 2 Lightnings and one DW so there aren't many occasions (yet?) I'd bust out a 4th melee damage dealer but I also have 3 ExD's and Dark Fina so I'm set with native damage DC and Refia has the regular DC. Maybe neither?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think I'm skipping the Corn. The trade off of bonus units vs bringing units that can kill it seems a bit high, at least for the useless bonus units I have.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mrit SA posted:

I'm assuming everyone struggling on the boss or the dualcorns(?) doesn't have BC Lid, because she is an instant win.

I have BCLid, she slept it one round and then it killed two people when it woke up and I was toast. What am I missing?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can just have everybody defend 4 times and the doublehorn will leave, as long as no one attacks

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In my quest for bonus units I've managed to pull 2 gold crystals and they both were Vanille. Wrong banner jerks!

Also I must be having brain issues because I wiped zero times on ELT the first 3 days and about 4 times in the last 24 hours.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The most disappointing thing about this event is not being able to form a 5 Ariana arena troll team

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
4 5* base F2P checking in. My current arena team is Dark Fina, Lightning x2, ExD x2. Even without double cast 90% of teams has everyone die in one turn. Unless 2 of my guys get killed (or stoned or whatever) on the first turn I win. Sorry 5* base Dracwell, you suck.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know the 30k Moogle isn't really worth it since I macro, but man is it tempting when Cecil is at 88.6% I can just get him to 90 and wait for the end of the month login Moogle I guess.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm. I can do Pro with 4 Treys and 1 Seven of my own with a friend Noctis and kill the 2corn every time. May just do that and see how much I end up with before I pick.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hagie posted:

There isn't any rhyme or reason to the Maze right? It is you playing against the RNG as to whether you go the next round or dead-end...right?

Don't forget to check for moogles above the door!

Did March of the Beasts. Challenges are cool, but I don't play mobile games to have to play for 30+ minutes at once. Only one close call against Chimera and Antlion. Had 4/6 dead all of a sudden due to Sandstorm/Aqua Breath, used a phoenix down to get Refia back up and survived that turn and then dual full raised to get things back on track. Only used 1 Phoenix Down and 5 Turbo Ethers. Butz killed himself at least 20x during the fight and was the recipient of all the Ethers. If I though about it more I'd have given him the Esper with Osmose, oh well. Had Refia, Cecil, Butz, Dark Fina, Lightning and friend Noctis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So to get the Moogle on ELT it says you're supposed to defeat the boss with an item. Yikes.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You'd think I'd figure it out after 1/2 a year playing, but how do weakness/resistance stack? Specifically say I'm dual wielding holy in one hand and fire in the other and then I use a wind attack. Like what if what I'm attacking is weak to 1 and resistant to 2 or vice versa?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Somebody's Lightning just cast Flare on me in the Arena. Wasn't expecting that....

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hope double cast and Lightning spells are good when they change Arena up. Just once I want to roll my ExDeath x3, Dark Fina, and Ariana out there and do a Thundaga dualcast x5

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got curb stomped on ELT Great Nian so I actually read the wiki and then cleared it no problem. Didn't get the esper kill but got the other two. Burned some tix in celebration:

Xiao #7
Xiao #8 (After I got Xiao #6 on the generic free pull yesterday)
Gold Agrias #4
Zidane #5

I hearby magically bequeath any future Zidane draws to any goon that needs him.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beat ELT with a team with 2 TMs

Lightning: 600 ATK w/Excalibur and Ifrit
Lightning: 500 ATK
Cecil: Barblizzara and BarFira + jeweled ring
Refia: Dualcast
Rain: Jeweled ring
Whale Noctis friend

It wasn't even optimal. I'd say 90% of the damage came from Lightning 1 and Noctis using raging fist. Lightning 2 just attacked because she didn't need to. Rain broke and cast Imperil and Deprotect, Cecil bar'd and curaja'd, and Refia dual cast curaja and dispelled paralyze. Dualcast was the big deal. Took at least 15 turns. Was never going to wipe as long as I didn't trigger tooth for a tooth or whatever, so just used raging fist over and over because of low mana cost and good damage.

If I had to do it over I'd dump the 2nd Lightning but not sure who I'd bring instead. A CoD would work but I don't have one. Maybe Butz to suicide and let whale Noctis spam flasks instead of fists. Rain was kind of a waste as all he was just there to break.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'd be nice if Esper's didn't do crap for damage, and a lot of limit breaks too.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Random thoughts

Xiao is my new Charlotte.

Based on my arena matches I think 50% of the player base have a Noctis.

It feels like Tales From the Aquapolis has been up for a month.

I have about 50 Gigantaurs sitting in my mailbox. I have some units I sorta want to enhance (Cerius and Celes), but nothing pressing. As soon I break down and use them though I'm sure I'll immediately pull something useful.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When's the Gilgamesh trial in the grand scheme of things? A TM grind slot is opening up and I'm wondering if I should start Sakura. Probably wouldn't finish it for at least a month and a half and only have one blade mastery.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

McSpankWich posted:

Depends on your other TM options? A 98 ATK katana is still better than every other non TM weapon in the game. If you're using Chiz it's her best option, and you'd need two if you want her to DW.

It'd be for Lightning, also have Excalibur and Save the Queen

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Set up chrome remote desktop on your phone so you can check for crashes every 30 minutes every once in a while and correct as needed.

From days ago, but thanks for reminding me this exists. Now I don't even have to go downstairs when I wake up in the middle of the night.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Then there's the excitement of getting a bunch of TMs done at around the same time and then the immediate sadness of see your next highest TMR sitting at twenty something %.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have 170 Gigantaurs in my mailbox and haven't touched the 100 Mog has. I've pulled probably 25 times this week and haven't had a unit worth leveling up since the Dark Fina banner. Did get a 6th Zidane though. Felt dirty smushing him, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well I can beat ELT with 3 unleveled Popois, Dark Fina, a 1/2 TM'd Lightning, and a decent friend Event unit, but drat is it lame and boring to actually have to pick something different every round. First World Problems. The only time I hit repeat is round 7.

Also they should ban Cecil from Arena some week, all he does is make matches go twice as long.

Man am I lazy about this game today.

• Locked thread