Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Daily was a Fang.
Decided to go in on a ticket, got my 3rd Zidane. I will always take more dual wields. Second ticket was my very first Vaan! Don't really need him but it's good to have. Then I got deClyne'd and I figure that's a good place to call it.

Would love a Lightning, hell, getting my first 5* base would be awesome no matter who it was. But I guess I'll hold on to my remaining tickets for Noctis if he's coming real soon, or Orlandu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

13 tickets, 1 half price pull and an 11 pull.
No Chizuru, no Noctis, no Mercedes.
Like 5 Duane for whatever bad luck. 4 or 5 Charlotte.

Ouch... this hurts. Didn't really get anything aside from the Ludmille that put me a bit closer to Dual Cast.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I have done probably a good 80 pulls on the Noctis banner. Just did an 11 pull.
"Oh, my first Mercedes.. finally. OH MY GOD A RAINBOW CRYSTAL, could this finally be my first base 5*?!?- it's.... its Bartz...."

Since Lightning has come out, I've gotten 3 rainbow crystals.
Garland, Warrior of Light, and now Bartz.

I feel like this is some sick joke.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Well, if you bitch loudly enough, I guess someone answers.

It isn't Noct, like I really wanted. But my first base 5* is still a big relief.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

drat that's a really good deal. Hope global gets something close to that.
Especially daily free pulls. Even if it's just the Xmas units banner, I'd be happy.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I did 22 pulls (half price pull, 10 tickets and an 11 pull) on the SoM banner. Got 3 Popoi and Mercedes was my ONLY gold crystal.
This game is aggressively telling me my Iuck is poo poo.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Exvius decided to smile upon me with the new banner. One ticket to get Leon (the main thing I wanted. Just need that TM for Luneth)
Figured that was great luck, but still don't have C. Luna. So threw a ticket at the V-Day banner. It started blue which was good for Luna, went gold which made me worry. Then went rainbow.
My 2nd ever 5* Base! It was Marie. Not my #1 pick. But she seems like she'll have some really good uses later on.

After 3 tickets on FF2 and one more on V-Day I got my C. Luna and a Guy.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Free 11 pull got me a Chizuru, Mercedes and WoL. With everything else being blue.

Used 10 tickets on the banner. One gold Vanille. 3 Shera. Was hoping for a Shine, but not too gutted. I still got lots of stuff to TM farm before I would even get started on her.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Did 2 more 11 pulls on the banner hoping for something decent. 5 more Shera's, NO Shine's and no rainbows.
Gonna just take that as a sign to just cut my losses and continue holding out for my man TG Cid.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Well, final daily pull for this banner was an Edge. After all dailies and 20 tickets I ended up with one Bartz, two Exdeath and one Agrias for banner units. Going to just walk away accepting that Ramza just wasn't in the cards.

Now to do dailies and a couple tickets on Players Choice, not get Noctis for the 2nd banner now, and be really disappointed.

But hey, luck has to turn around eventually, right?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

30 tickets. 25,000 Lapis worth of 11 pulls.

No Chizuru, not a single rainbow. 1 Refia, 3 Zidanes, 4 Cecil and one very broken urge to keep playing this game. I think overall I maybe got 9 gold crystals out of over 80 pulls.

But hey, I got 2 Ring of the Lucii moogles AND a Brave Suit moogle to help rub more salt in the wound.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

After 10 11 pulls. I walked away with Ace and Queen.
Well gently caress you too Gumi.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

So after well over 100 summons, I decided to just take on the event. Bought some summon tickets from king mog.

Looks like luck was there, Orlandeau is now mine.
Now to hoard tickets and lapis for Rikku.

I have to head to work soon. But when I get home I'll buy some friend slots to add some people.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I opened up 25 slots, have something SA related in the comment box.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Threw 10 tickets down. Got Xon, but no Aiden.

Should have known the half price shadow was a strange omen. As my first ticket was Bedile.
Xon seems pretty good though. 6.5k eggs from the Magic Library exploration. Didn't kill everything but stole in every battle.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

After my last three dailies have been Leo, Celes and Cyan I have come to the conclusion that an FF6 banner is next and I have stumbled upon the rate up for it. I got Shadow AND Sabin on tickets while pulling for Xon too, so I am sticking to this theory.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

HGH posted:

Crafting my eggs right now. Any reason for me to keep a Staff of Wrath? Or multiple even?

I'm keeping a Staff of Wrath for Warrior of Light's 6*

Dual wielding Winged Saint and Staff of Wrath. Champions belts and Shard of Genius. Probably with a rainbow robe for those resistances.

I want to see just how tanky I can make a WoL.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Got Kefka done will all objectives completed.
Marie continues to be an MVP in my party. Protectga and Shellga combined with Love You All is such a good combo for survivability.

It was a beautiful end to the fight though, I had just used Carbuncle. He threw out Graviga that got reflected, and then my Orlandeau and a friend Orlandeau Divine Ruinationed him into oblivion while Trance Terra Limit Bursted for an Overkill finish,

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Bots are definitely back. My rank just keeps dropping.
Man, I felt pretty confident around 17K. Now I'm struggling to keep in the 70k range.

Had a tough time fighting with RNG, but finally succeeded in getting all objectives against Echidna! Man that trial is very very hard.

But on a complete whim I had decided to throw down a ticket, and well...

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

8 tickets plus the daily. Got a single Abel. Only other good unit was Ludmille as I got hit with the holy quadrinity of Bedile, Shadow, Rakshasa and Russell.
I think that I'm done with tickets on this banner, I'll stick to dailies.

As for the event, Xon was really great for the elite fight. Twist of Fate is just so good.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

i thought vaan/bartz/exdeath were good rolls? did the new units that came out recently outclass them just that much?

Vaan has long since been outclassed. He'll get a 6* soon, but I don't think that will make that account worth keeping.
Bartz and Exdeath are good, but not amazing. Exdeath is still a very good mage but you can probably get another one rather easily.

What you are looking for are the big deal damage dealer 5* bases. Get a Noctis, Orlandeau or Aileen and you'll be very well off. Many of the 5*s will do you pretty well overall, but some of them (like Marie or Wilhelm for example) won't be amazing without the other units to do the damage for you.
Reroll a bit until you at least get a 5* base (rainbow crystal) and check to see if they're any good.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I got 4 slots right now for people who need bonus unit friends for the event.
Normally I have Orlandeau up, but also occasionally put my Marie up for certain trials.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Jesus. I don't know if it's just me, but Metal God rates are insane.

First run I had 1, second run had 2 and third run had a triple Metal God. Two runs later I see 2 more.
After using 360 energy I had 96K of the event currency. Was able to buy the 3 new pieces of equipment from the Mog King in one go.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'm very interested to see how people on the Reddit and stuff like that react to WoL's 6* not being the end all tank right out of the gate. He only really becomes amazing after enhancements and even then it's only for physical based enemies.

I suppose it's going to be tough though, after being hyped to hell and back I doubt a lot of people would listen to anyone saying their saviour WoL is anything less than a 10/10 unit upon release that trivializes every bit of content.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Cool, I guess I need to get a quick 1k lapis then.

New story missions are out tomorrow and half energy for story starts Friday. There will be an easy 1000+ lapis there.

Also, anyone who hasn't caught up on the story quests or gotten all the keys should use this half energy week to make sure that's taken care of.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

My half price pull today was a Golbez and a 5% to all Moogle. I think that was very worth it.
I have about 190% in trust moogles stocked up right now. I'm really hoping that next weeks pulls get me something great to use them on (like maybe finally pulling a Noctis! I can dream at least)

Winged Orpheus posted:

Also, discord says this banner sucks and save my lapis for the anniversary event, confirm/deny?

Very confirmed. Next week will have an 11 pull with a guaranteed 5*
Also the FF10 banner is a good one to pull on. Rikku is a very big game changing unit. And Tidus is very very good as well.

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Oh, cool. WoL 6* finally.
Oh, what's that Wilhelm? That equip fists materia I just got looks real cool? you're right it does! Aaaand now Wilhelm is a monster.

• Locked thread