Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

kalensc posted:

That went a bit better but still couldn't keep Lenna nor Agrias alive past the 3rd round. CoDs are only doing 15-20k per hit of barrage and ExDeath was out of MP after 3 turns of Dual Meteor, so lacking DPS as well argh.

How late in an action can I force-quit and reload the app? If I do it as soon as I see if Cecil's cover was successful, i.e. when damage is popping up, will it work?

I couldn't find an exact time when a round was "resolved" and resetting took you to the start of your next turn. There's some point between when the enemy takes their final action and before the animation ends that it locks you in I think. I'd watch to see what the enemy did based on animations, numbers, and health. If I saw Greg do his AoE wind slash and shoot a missile or two at Lenna it was a safe bet she was going down so I'd reset right away. Resetting is free so you can afford to be generous; If things look bad or Greg shot a ton of missiles or your nose feels itchy then reset and hope for better luck. I had reset quite a few times before I got my Greg down.

MP is an issue, without the super DPS of good TMs it'll be a slog. Fill up on Turbo Ethers and Elixirs. I know I ran out on my CoD on Omniviel duty and if Cecil was lucky enough to be the only one punched I coudl top him up with a single Elixir instead of multiple Curajas.

If you have the farplane souls work on crafting some DEF+10%s and load them up on Lenna and Agrias. Crafting Muscle Belts helps too for HP+10% but there might not be enough time for that.

I was also wrong with my setup, I brought Maxwell instead of Kefka because Kefka is loving tissue paper. Maxwell was mostly an item flunky, she wasn't really contributing much to DPS with her moveset but she was durable enough to put off dying. It took... 8 rounds I think? It was a definite slog.

Shark Tower posted:

I'd go as far as saying non 6* capable units are no longer really viable, with the exception of full breakers since there's no real 6* option yet for them. That'll change soon with Rain's 6*, and later WoL's.

It's a shame. Some of the upcoming 5*'s look like they'd be nifty to play around with. Like Ulrika's 'nothing but counters' skillset.

Yeah, the power creep in this game is getting to my party. Lenna explodes way too easily and she's my best healer. I can barely use Kefka for similar reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

KDdidit posted:

Rip only Locke friend unit

I'll hook ya up: 479,088,281 . My pull luck is garbage so my Locke is here to stay! :shepicide:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I finally pulled my second 4* base character: Chizaru! :toot: Only took until her third banner to finally pull her. Was feeling lucky and got punished with two Charlottes so that was the end of today's pull streak. I had also just dumped my gear cactuars into getting Bartz up to lv90 so it'll take a while to get Chiz up to speed.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I know this has been asked a million billion times but you don't lose the increase from pots when you awaken a guy to the next star level right? Like if I toss a couple Atk pots on my noctis that's currently 5 stars they will still have an effect when I manage to get him to 6 stars yeah?

Sorry my brain just completely shut off and I can't remember for the life of me if they carry over

Stat gains from pots do carry over awakening. Eat all pots! (unless it'll make you go over sub-max cap or something)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The second island: Wolfsfang Peak and Zadehl Wasteland explorations were the best a while back. I'm not sure if that's changed with the newer islands but both can drop the Fire/Ice Megacrysts from the collection points. Wolfsfang Peak is big and the collection points are spread out though. Bring a Charm Bangle and Diablos if you got the Reduce Encounters ability on 'em.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Added. If we're doing this, I would also like to nominate my nonGoon bestie who is feeling pretty intimidated by this game and jealous of my cool friends (I'm working on him becoming a Goon, but these things cannot be rushed.) 808, 965, 022 is his friend code, I'm gonna take a look at his game tonight and optimize him. Thanks to anyone with a free slot that's willing to do this!

I can't find your friend, double check the friend code so I can show them what you can have when you play for months! :haw: it's a 188 ATK Locke

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Had my 4 star luck turn around these last couple days. Blowing all the Christmas tickets got me Agrias, Hope, Snow, two Chizarus, and a Mercedes. Also got my first Alma, Cerius, and Gilbert. Only took 10 Charlottes over the Noctis banner :toot:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Krile is a better healer than Maria, she gets dual cast and curaja. Work on her some but focus on damage dealers first. Killing stuff quick is the best mitigation on this game.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

cosmicprank posted:

I'm a relative newbie and someone said on the Google document that you can request friends in this thread. My leader is a Vaan. My player id is 126,676,980. Added you bro.

Don't forget to change your greeting (Friends -> Send Gifts) to include something so people know you're from SA and not a random pubbie. Some only add goons as friends, others when they cull their friends list remove pubbies first, etc. etc.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Exdeath looks rad as hell, get your doomtreemage with his kickass sword and drop space rocks on all that oppose you!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I finally got a Zidane, even better was it was on the same day I got the daily trust moogles needed to shoot him from zero to full. Time to get on the pain train :getin:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gains from pots do carry over, the caps do increase as a unit awakens though. Use 'em as needed, just be mindful so you don't waste pots because you hit the cap before hitting a character's max rank.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Is there a limit to how many sacred crystals you can get in a day?

Also if you had an unleveled Locke, would you halt production and get him maxed out asap?

Nah, focus on your murdersquad first. Locke isn't gonna clear content, he'll just help when farming drops (aka 90% of that is just the Vortex of Awakening). Leave leveling him for a rainy day or something. Get your best characters up so you can clear content, advance the story, and be able to do stuff that improves your team like events or trials.

e: Also there's no cap for sacred crystals. The RNG is just a colossal rear end in a top hat with them nowadays. Awakening INT sounds like the most efficient way to get them, although I have abhorrent luck and stick to PRO.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 5, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna pull on this banner and y'all can be jealous when I pull the best Exvius Original Character waifu: Charlotte #15 :frog:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Well, two weeks of type-0 probably means that Ariana Grande is like Maxwell and not in the gacha.

This is good for me because it's the only way I can get 5* base units :v:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Finally part of the rainbow crystal and 5* base crew: Got a Mercedes on daily, felt lucky and pulled again and got a rainbow! Got Noctis instead of Dark Fina though so I can't complain.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh yeah, Noctis' bag of tricks is great and I'd prefer him over others like Lightning and Luneth for his versatility (although having a DW TM helps here). I was hoping for Dark Fina since I have a dozen friend Noctis and really, wining the coin flip and praying that my first rainbow wasn't going to be some 3/4* base as a 5*.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The best way to handle dead characters is to keep them from dying :v:

Go with Lenna, Cheer is a great party wide attack and defense buff and she gets curaja while Terra is stuck with cura. Plus Lenna has esuna for most status ailments (Petrify is cured by stona but not esuna. You can craft stona too, the recipe is in the first town. Check the wiki because it can be dumb to find)

I'm still using Lenna as a healer and I've cleared all story content and can do most of the hard event content. Those that I couldn't raise wasn't gonna help (gently caress you Golbez and your AoE death)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The difficulty difference between trash and bosses explodes with Veritas of the Air or so and you should prioritize using your super/whale friends for boss stages. You can oneshot the trash phases without issue then hit the boss and do damage like you're chiseling a rock with your face. It's really annoying.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's some quests and exploration chests that give recipies for decent gear. There's the Fire Rod recipe you can get on the third island to give mages a weapon, there's the Black Belt Gi on the second for armor that gives attack, and the Muscle Belt to give units some extra HP+10%. There's also Tiger Masks for a bit more ATK over Green Berets but they need fire megacrysts to craft and Hero Rings are more important to craft using those first.

But yeah, after the third island it's all the same poo poo. Green Berets is probably the last thing worth buying in stores, everything else is repeats or trash like Element Resist +5% accessories.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I have seen zero this entire event. gently caress the rng

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Right, it's the stuff that you equip in the Abilities section when you equip a character.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I miss the days when there were five or six posts every morning about gold Shadow or gold Bedile.

The RNG failed me, I only got blue-Bediled today :negative:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Usefulness of the following TMRs:

Lordly Robe Good armor for casters. idk offhand what's comparable but if you got some good mages it'd be worth working on eventually.

Angel Earrings: Poor. Auto-regen is also available on the Angel Ring which doesn't require TMR grinding, MP+20% rarely helps killing poo poo faster and Turbo Ethers and Elixirs can help with MP issues, and Dark Resist+50% isn't much of a game changer.

Miracle Shoes: Auto-Regen is still trash and Auto-Protect and Auto-Shell don't stack with better buffs like Embolden, Cheer, and Focus which you'll probably end up using anyways.

Goddess Bow: It's a good bow but bows aren't really top tier weapons. They can't be dual wielded and I'm not sure if any great bow users are coming along.

Aquan Killer, Stone Siller: Good to have when they're relevant but these are Friend Point unit TMRs, blow your friend points summoning them and hopefully you'll get the 21 needed to squeeze them into one of these. Spend your energy/lapis on harder to get and more useful TMRs. Hopefully you'll get the other good friend TMs like Dragon Killer and HP+10% (and Banish for all those challenges that's using it and you don't feel like swapping in a healer I guess) at the same time.

That's my thoughts at least, Lordly Robes are the best of that lot and the rest aren't worth it unless you run out of good TMRs to grind out.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

50k for the Gigas Axe :stare:

I really should get the TM macro grind on because gently caress that poo poo, I already got two Mercedes

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I think I'm gonna try that Fire Emblem Heroes thing this week.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

For reference Mercedes' TM is the Viking Axe: +125 ATK and water element to go with her Water Resistance down attack Sea King Chop. Personally I'm gonna pass on the axe because I'm tired of these king mog events with trash payouts barring rng mobs and actually pulling banner characters.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

KDdidit posted:

People must be getting bored with arena because I'm slacking a bit myself, but my rank is higher with me doing less of it.

If for some insane reason the arena limitation is only generic story characters I'm set as I maxxed them all with event moogles because I had nothing better to use them on.

If the arena rewards weren't so good I'd skip doing it entirely, it's incredibly boring and the biggest challenge is "what can I do to avoid having to do exdeath's dual meteor" because it takes so long.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Anyone have a max level ability-based healer they wouldn't mind sharing for this event? I currently have a 598 MAG Exdeath up.

411 249 974

IGN: okeydoke

I set my friend unit to my lv100 Luka and gave her the paralysis immunity ring, look for Buttz.

e: To be clear we're already friends so there won't be a friend request

e2: 479,088,281 for anybody else who could use a Luka

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 17, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Whoops, that would've been good to post! 479,088,281 (I just sent you a friend request too so look for your good pal Buttz)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

turnways posted:

I went for one more 11-pull just to round out my C.Luna farming squad, maybe get another C.Arty, or something. I can't really justify it too much, just felt like rolling the dice. But...

...which would be exciting if I didn't get two Maries in another 11-pull last week, or another one from a daily pull.

I have five god drat Maries now.

(my girlfriend's name is Marie and she's getting a huge kick out of this at least)

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

This is like the spite rainbow crystal troll or something. Want rainbow pulls? By god you'll get them!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Rubicon posted:

Are the chests that require keys worth it?

It depends on the chest. Most are total garbage but some are great. The stat+10% ability recipes are in locked chests for example which are fantastic to craft for easy stat gains and filling up the ability slots. Here's a list of the locked chests and their contents. My recommendations are:

Top Priority
MAG+10% recipe
ATK+10% recipe
(because killing stuff faster is good)
Baraerora recipe
(because there's a story rear end in a top hat boss you can't bring a companion unit to who uses wind attacks)

High Priority
DEF+10% recipe
SPI+10% recipe
Muscle Belt recipe
(these will help keep your squishier support allies in the fight)
Spirit Slayer
Bug Killer

Good to Get
Barblizzara recipe
Barstonera recipe
Barwatera recipe
(having the bar-element-a spells are handy for those hard bosses that throw elemental poo poo your way, not as critical of you have a Cloud of Darkness who has Omniviel or Marie who has innate better bar-element-aga spells. Barfira and Barthundera don't require magic keys and you get them somewhere else)
Tiger Mask recipe
MP+10% recipe (maybe)
Dispel recipe (maybe, some characters have this anyways and you can get it on some espers too but eventually you'll be drowning in keys)

The rest are probably skippable but it's worth checking out what's in the locked chests with each story update to see if there's good poo poo in them or not.

e: quote for slowpostin' e2: also bold tags
e3: Moved baraerora to top priority on hey girl you up's suggestion because yeah, gently caress that boss

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 23, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Good point, I forgot all about that fight. I updated my post too to reflect that.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Free 11 pull net me my second Zidane :getin:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Well no, but it doesn't stop you anymore when you summon past your box's threshold so you can spam summon them

This is the true QoL change, let's see if 75k FP can net me one more dragonlady so I can finish dragon killer! :toot:

e: took 25k FP, also summon change doesn't apply to FP units for the curious, you can get a 2* version of a 1* base.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 23, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hamsystem posted:

Oh snap you can look at mission objectives while you're doing them now.

oh thank god, I don't know how often I'd start something, quit to do something productive, and come back and forget what exactly I had to do (and usually just hit auto, spam limit breaks, and miss a no limit break challenge :negative: )

e: after blowing 75k friendpoints I finally almost have all of the FP TMs. My luck with Giotto is bad and I'm about 80% to stone killer while almost finishing a second aquan killer and I'm a stone throw's away from drink and camouflage. I know most are trash but I'm still gonna try and get one of each (banish has been surprisingly useful for challenges, just pop it on Ludmille and throw it out and bang done)

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The advantage Luka has over Refia is that her heal is also an AoE esuna. Her buff is DEF/SPI though so you can't use her to buff ATK like Refia's Embolden can, Refia has Full Life over Luka's Raise, and of course dual cast with Refia is loving nuts. If you don't have anybody else with AoE esuna and spare gigantaurs it migh be worth working on Luka in case its needed but otherwise I'd stick with Refia.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I just realized (because I never read patch notes or changes) that each party can have its own esper loadout! :toot:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been ignoring the moogle since the last enchanted maze, I just always go straight (or left at the end). Sometimes I notice a moogle on top of another door and every time I see one I always advance, but I don't know if the times I hit a dead end there was a moogle over another door.

e: really I just don't pay attention, maze is a boring slog with rewards too good to ignore :x

e2: KDiddit's got it, I hit a door when the moogle was over another and hit the dead end.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

New Cactuar Dunes is kinda nuts. I don't even have anybody that I really need to level up but I'm just gonna do it anyways because you just trip over gigantaurs now.

• Locked thread