Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Yea, I'm referring to Destiny too which is untyped magical and does 160% HP damage. Guarding causes it to do 80%. She does it right after Rune/SS on turn 5 so yea, it's a rough combo. The best way to avoid that is to push her past a threshold on T4 or T5.

Her other super hard hitting move is Meteor which is something like 4200 fixed Light damage which can be mitigated by resists.

Oh, I got the moves mixed up in my head. I must've always pushed a threshold on turn 5 then, I never saw Destiny proper then and thought that Meteor used at 60% was the 160% HP murder move I had mitigated via light resist. My bad!

e:

Friendly Lurker posted:

I don't think I have the units to beat Maxwell still, but I did get through 6 rounds with your Cecil at least. I'll just keep throwing energy at it once in a while, still appreciate the add though, thanks!

That's unfortunate. I know it'd be nice for newer players to get a decent 5* base like Maxwell but I don't have the bits or knowhow to make a unit that can solo Maxwell and still do the summon. I remember when I did it on the first BF event I had to cheese every turn via force-close to get both the summon orbs and not have the wrong party member explode each turn to do it. gently caress summon esper challenges.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My Cecil ain't as hot as I hoped he'd be. :smith: Really gotta catch up on trials and TMs then if I'm going to try and help with cheese units!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, save stuff until after all the sweet thursday/friday pulls. You might get a party changing character that you want up to speed right away. Then when you pull Queen or Lightning you can just do whatever you were originally going to do like throw the game out a window.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Will King Mog still be around for a week selling stuff or do I need to get rid of the currency now? Actually wait. Is Vargas a limited time unit?

The exchange period for crimson ore lasts a week after the event to get them ends so you can wait until ~July 6th to trade them in. Vargas and all of the BF units are timed exclusives and are gone once their banner disappears on Friday. It's one reason why not pulling Tilith is so frustrating is that once she's gone she's gone for good.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I just got back to the game and Lightning is my only base 5*, so that makes me sad that she's apparently maligned now.

My only other 5* pulls have been Garnet and Kuja.

The gatcha power creep and long animations are harsh masters. Really though, innate dual wield is still really good and with ability awakenings she can inflict -75% lightning resist and take some advantage of it. The biggest problems is she has really tough competition with characters who can execute crazy long chains with copies of themselves for huge damage multipliers or bring more utility to the table. Plus awakening her lightning resist down ability is really expensive when Orlandu can do the same without awakening on a stronger element and the same resist down attack does crazy damage thanks to chaining. She is one of the few characters with magic evade though which might mean something later on like how an evade build was part of trivializing the Gilgamesh trial.

Plus I already have a Lightning and having a second gives me nothing since her TM is bad and she doesn't chain with herself at all. I think a second Lightning would be the worst 5* pull I could get so I'm a bit biased.

e:

Tengama posted:

It's not 100% guaranteed we will get it but there was 1 more banner on JP that had Tilith on it that ran alongside the Runera banner:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon/Japanese_Banners

Ramza, Delita, Tilith, Agrias, Mustadio, Ludmille

It took place about 3 banners after the JP Rikku one, but I'm not sure if it was a voted characters thing since its labelled as a popular units banner. If we do get it though its a fantastic banner since the only real duds on it are Mustadio and to a lesser extent Delita.

Oh, that's good to know! Maybe we'll get something like that and I can throw more tickets into the machine chasing Tilith. Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is Reberta in the normal rare pull pool currently?

Yeah, she wasn't a banner exclusive character when she came out and is just another normal 5* base pull now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Threw one last ticket at the BF frontier, got Maria. That's about 40 pulls including dailies on that banner without even getting an on banner character. Meanwhile once the summer banner started I got swimsuit Fina on my third daily pull :rip:

• Locked thread