Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got three in a row today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have so many cactuars right now that I can't hold them all. Not sure if doing the maze is too good for me then, but there's not much left for me to get from the type-0 event so maybe I should just level up Rain or something

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm still considering buying that big $48 bundle but pouring that lapis into the TM grind.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well well well

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cloud? don't be fooled. That's a trap before they release Marche and the FFTA banner. Dont be tricked by Gumi.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Am I the only person who is more excited for Firion / WoL / Garlands 6* upgrades than Orlandu ? Because, I actually have those units and I will never get orlandu.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wouldn't it be a good idea to give Firion Barrage? Seems like he could use an ability like that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man, even with the best TMs I have on him Firion is still behind Chizuru. That's disappointing, after the talk I was hoping for something special there.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Don't let the numbers fool you though, with all of his stackable killer skills he'll probably put out more damage than Chiz, even though his ATK number is lower. That being said, yea without the specific items/TMs that boost his innate skills (and DW) he is a pretty underwhelming unit.

I feel like I have some pretty good items on mine though:

Sakurafubuki / Viking's Axe
Black Cowl
Black Belt Gi
Hero Ring / Bracer

Dual Wield
Blade Mastery
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction

I have Kaiser Knuckles but my champion's belt is still being grinded for.

This gives him 706 ATK with Ifrit, which is about 70 ATK short of Chizuru. To be fair Chizuru is maxed out on ATK pots. I guess the killers will kick it up a bunch but I was also hoping to use Barrage with him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I had no idea Champion's Belt gave 30 ATK as well as the knuckle boost, I would have prioritized Snow in the TM grind a while ago.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah ok, I've seen my Firion basically solo the SoM event so maybe he actually rules

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is it true that TM macros aren't working right now?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How will Garland compare to Chizuru, assuming basically the best TMRs for each? I've been using Chizuru for a while, and was sorta hoping when Garland comes out he would be at least comparable enough that I could swap him in. Especially if I want Firion to use blade mastery.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thancred only goes up to 5*? That sucks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Summoned my first Base 5 star today, Ramza. I'm not sure if he's the best, but I'm glad to finally have one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is there a best way to outfit Ramza? Is he more of a support unit, or can he do well with magical / phyiscal attacking with the right TMs? I notice he has Ultima.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What do you need to make your ling 100% fireproof?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I was doing some ticket pulls and then:

It's not Orlandu, but considering he is my second base 5 star since, well, ever, I'm not sad to see him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Firion with Diabolos will do more damage than him with Odin?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would Ultima be good to put on Emperor? I got that TMR a long time ago, and the next best thing I put on him in that slot is MAG +10%.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I'm taking Xon friends, is there any reason to have Locke on my team?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any good macros for grinding eggs?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So we want to just boost up magic as much as you can for Fryevia?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I notice Fryevia has an ability geared around single-wielding, and giving her dual wield plus Enhancer in her off-hand actually lowers her MAG. I take it then that the tradeoff isn't worth it? Is she good with Doublehand, then?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

One of the problems I have with trying to look up help with trials is that any guides are either 100% whale or 100% no base 5*s f2p. There's very little for people in the middle to go on. I might be able to beat Gilgamesh or this new trial now, but I can't really tell.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are any of the available enhancement-havers, besides Lightning, worth enhancing now? Or is it better to just get the materials and hold on to them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I lucked out a bit and got Xon, but is he good beyond being able to steal from everyone?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do I have the characters to take on Gilgamesh? I have most of the major TMRs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I've been having an issue for a couple days now. When I start the game on my phone, it starts loading. When it gets to 98%, it hits an endless loop of connection error screens that never stop. So I can't play the game on my phone. I'm able to get on it just fine on an emulator, so I don't know what is causing this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would this chain work? Fryevia to start to debuff ice defense, then Edgar - Edgar - (Third Edgar?) - Setzer all equipped with dual wield and icebrands. I'm looking to try and take down some of the tougher trials with it. Would I need to find a friend Setzer with and ice weapon? And if I did need someone else to finish the chain, would Firion with ice lance be able to fit that role?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My daily summon today was Gilgamesh. I'm happy to get him, but he IS still good right? I know most people talk about your Orlandus or Olives when it comes to damage dealers nowadays.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was going to use Yda anway since I like her in FF14, so hearing that she is actually good is good to hear.

I beat the trial somewhat easily, got all missions too in one run. I hate to be one of those people who say "It was easy for me, I just used two Fryevias with stone killer" but, well....

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Using a ticket got me reberta! She's good, right?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Can confirm that Reberta is amazing. Her strengths have been mostly covered, but it's worth noting that Spears are neat in that they have some of the best elemental coverage of any weapon, and once you get to Zoldaad you can visit a Fat Chocobo who gives you the Holy Spear for 100 Quartz, and that allows you to get super-effective damage on combos with TG Cid. The Wind Spear also allows you to get stupid chains with Fohlen.

That's good to hear. I have Fryevia, so I am hoping I can do something with Reberta and Ice Lance once I get her leveled up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what equipment/materia should one be giving their tilith?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My daily draw was a rainbow today, Wilhelm! That's cool and all, but with 6 * WoL coming soon does wilhelm offer enough to level him up too?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Someone pointed out that Jake's sprite looks too big, and now I can't unsee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I guess even if I have Wilhelm, there will be enough situations where WoL shines in for me to want to awaken him?

• Locked thread