Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Oh. Maybe the attack break wore off or something, I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Remember to break the body, not the core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Dyer's raid vid shows how loving crazy a 100% evade, 2x RoL Wilhelm is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMAWfbS0tqs

His team is so disgusting and this is making me wanna blow tickets on Wilhelm.

edit: He needs to work on his DR chaining though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

Managed to get mushroom head drinky lady from the banner. She looks interesting with a really good SPR TM.

That's a man, baby.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

tossed another three tickets at the banner today and got fohlen

wish he had better gear options

still trying to figure out his chain timing with orlandu

His frames are something like 10-10-10-10-10 etc. so he doesn't seem to match up well with Cid. Though he does perfectly match Reberta's Mystic Thrust which is also a 10 frame gap chain move.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

I really don't get the frame thing. Speaks to my inexperience in this stuff

Think of the game as a giant flipbook. You get animations by flipping through the pages fast so they look animated.

Let's assume that the game displays 60 frames per second. That means every frame represents 1/60th of a second. When a move is described as:

25-10-10

It means that from activation to the first hit, it takes 25 frames (or 25 * 1/6 = 4.167 seconds) and the 2nd and subsequent hit has a 10 frame gap (or 10 * 1/6 = 1.67 seconds). It basically describes the timing of the various hits in a given move.

Chains occur when hits land within 10 (I think) frames of each other. Chains break when hits land outside of that window or if a single unit lands consecutive hits.

So if you have someone who has a move with frame data 3-3-3-3 and try to chain it with someone who has 10-10-10-10, you'll see that it'll break since the first unit will have 2+ consecutive hits land.

If you have a unit that has 7-7-5-7-7-7-7 (Orlandeau's Divine Ruination) and compare it to Fohlens move which is 10-10-10-10-10-10-10, you can quickly see that they might be incompabitle for creating a perfect chain.

Edit: Some pretty outdated frame data here - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dbam6/jp_multihit_chain_referencehit_data/

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 12, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Your odds of getting Tilith on a single 11 pull are 28.2%. That's not good...

Rikku is more important than Tilith, save both for FFX.

Most of my JP friends are flooded with Rikku dupes, especially since she showed up on multiple banners. I'll probably go hard on Tilith since she's time limited and all.

Khisanth Magus posted:

gently caress. I should know by now not to bring loving Olive as a friend unit on something like this with tricky conditions. Her loving mortar killed the thing I had to kill with an esper. 100 nrg down the drain!

You gotta force close that poo poo!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

why the gently caress does Maxwell have a no KO Condition when he has a move that removes buffs and then randomly Delete someone

He can still delete someone WITH the buffs on and having his Atk/Mag broken. Why the gently caress does he have that condition

AFAIK, her 100% HP attack can't be mitigated in any form except for Guarding.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

Isn't it a light attack so light resistance should mitigate it? I think what Shoenin's talking about is the Rune & Sacred Song combo on turn 4 where Maxwell removes all your buffs (including light resistance and any protect), buffs her own attack, then buffs your defense and light resistance before randomly exploding on you. I did the trial twice and that combo is what dropped somebody from full but not guarding. It's the only round I take significant damage in, with various light resist gear spread around, Carbunkle, and Minfilia's Shining Guard Maxwell does almost no damage until it's Rune & Sacred Song time.

Yea, I'm referring to Destiny too which is untyped magical and does 160% HP damage. Guarding causes it to do 80%. She does it right after Rune/SS on turn 5 so yea, it's a rough combo. The best way to avoid that is to push her past a threshold on T4 or T5.

Her other super hard hitting move is Meteor which is something like 4200 fixed Light damage which can be mitigated by resists.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

Will King Mog still be around for a week selling stuff or do I need to get rid of the currency now? Actually wait. Is Vargas a limited time unit?

With King Mog events, you typically get an extra week for turn-in. Yes, Vargas is limited time.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I mashed together the FFBE Wiki's Expedition list against the success bonus table to create a big ol' sortable, filterable Expedition spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmHUF3nqERWktaU6F0RJXUB3hYjjJG0HIVNy1BazqqM/edit?usp=sharing

Good for planning (tag each Expedition you want to plan for as "Worth?" = Y and filter accordingly). Some of those A and S rank missions are definitely never worth doing (unless you have no other options I guess).

edit: WoW Garrison flashbacks.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 28, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I guess even if I have Wilhelm, there will be enough situations where WoL shines in for me to want to awaken him?

Absolutely. His AoE cover is crazy good and will only get better. AFAIK, it's our only source of AoE cover vs. magic until Mistair.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

Noctis in my main party lately has been functioning almost entirely for his Cover MP restore. Sometimes also covering Breaks.

In other words, he's the Waiting for Ramza Enhancements spot.

He'll be squeezed out even as early as tomorrow IMO. Tilith covers your MP, WoL covers your Breaks, and Rikku covers your Raise/Re-raise. The only thing missing out of the Holy Trinity is 100% provoke (which WoL will eventually get).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

WoLs provoke is 100%, its just 1 turn.

Oh right. Totally forgot about that.

• Locked thread