Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

gently caress. :( Sorry dude.

The good news is I now have an Equip H Shield TM just from smashing Charlottes! And another one started...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Cross-posting from the Record Keeper thread for any gangtag wanters.

Some of us can't afford a gang tag since we spend all our money on 3 and 4 star pixel dudes and dudettes! :colbert:

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 22, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

So the appropriate gang tag would be Bediles and "Failed Whales", then? :v:

I might shell out the dough for a bedile-atar I'll be honest.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I have 0 Snows so I don't care at all about knuckles! My Firion will have to live with a Gungir and a Viking Axe.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Today on my daily pull I met an old friend. Hello, Bedile.

Blessed by the Bedile of Happiness, I used a few tickets to see if I could get anything. My results were:

Santa Roselia
Penelo
Lani
Alma #3
Gilbert #2

Santa Roselia is kinda nice, not a replacement for Refia and I'll probably never use her, but I like her anyway. Penelo and Lani just went to the "5% closer to their TM" pile. Alma helping get a faster robe is nice. And honestly, now that I have a second one, I probably will end up TMing Gilbert. I know, I know, harps suck, but I have Ramza and I still have never pulled an Ingus, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200 quarts for Equip Rod.

Also I met the absolute most annoying Noctis imaginable in the arena today. I won the battle, but I had to waste all 10 rounds doing it. He had at least one of Sazh's TM, maybe more if it stacks. All I know is CoD using Barrage with DW (so 8 hits) could only hit him 1 time at best every time she used it, if she hit at all, so he was obviously stacked for evasion. On top of that, he had a ribbon, or at least gear that prevented poison and possibly petrify. My entire team except Refia and CoD were stopped, and Noctis kept spamming Blizzard Flask. Refia could heal every round, so he couldn't KO any of my team, but I couldn't bring him down either, since he dodged everything and even if I did manage to hit him, he'd just heal up with his counter. I KO'd all the rest of his party members so I won, but it was the most annoying win.

I spent my 2 tickets and got Duane and Penelo! I do love pulling all these great units! I'm almost 1/2 way to Bioga Blade and like 90% to Equip S Sword!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

They really need to give us a 10 character mode so I can TM grind 10 guys at once. I have the following list so far...

Current:
Mercedes
Mercedes
Zidane
Zidane
Maxwell

Waiting in no particular order:
Ingus x 4 (have 7 so can speed this up by smashing a bit)
Mustadio x 14
Cecil x 3
Agrias x 2
Mercedes x 3
Locke x 4
Shantotto x 10
Kefka x 5 (have 8 so I can do some smashing to speed up the process since I'll only ever need 5 Ribbons)
Faris x 4
Kain x 7
Hayate x 3
Ludmille x 4
Chorizo x 2
Black Cat Lid x 5
Medius x 2
Terra x 2
Hope x 1
Arc x 1
Alma x 3 (probably only need 1 robe though)
Garnet x 1
Xiao x 1
Refia x 2
Celes x 4 (probably only need 1 or 2 of these)
Leo x 1

And tons of others like a dozen Lunas, a few russells. In retrospect I probably should have used my xmas bundle on TM grind refreshes, but I'm not very smart.

Maybe we'll get a New Years bundle.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I tried other axes on the offhand, none were as strong as Enhancer there.

You only get the bonus for equipping an axe once, so unless you have a beefier axe than Enhancer (only another Viking Axe currently) then it won't be better.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

deltah posted:

How long does it take to grind a TM if you let it go constantly with refills? I'm thinking about buying the christmas bundle and getting on the TM train. I enjoy pulling but at this point unless its a 5* base my team is fine.

For TM's, I have 2x Ludmille / 4x Zidane (ya ya I know). I can't decide whether to just get these out of the way or focus on making my Luneth as strong as possible. For Luneth I can farm katana mastery / sakakatana / excalibur ... then not so sure ... maybe Maxwell?

If anyone needs a ~500 ATK Luneth: 660,234,922

Because of the way that ATK scales, I would focus on making Luneth as much of a monster as you can, then knock out all the dual wields and dual casts. Also, if you have an Agrias I'd suggest getting a Save the Queen instead of Excalibur since most of the big event bosses are resistant to all or most of the elements, I wish I'd have done that since a lot of the time I am forced to take Excalibur off of Dracu Lasswell and stick my Enhancer on him instead to fight event bosses.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Acelerion posted:

I'm up to 87, may break 100 by the time banner lands. I still have a sub 50% chance to draw cid lol

If you were me, you'd spend every ticket to try and get TGCid and get 0 of them and then log onto this thread and want to beat every goon that posts about how they pulled him 2 days in a row as their 1/2 price pull. Hopefully for your sake you won't be me.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I pulled well over 50 times on this banner... maybe more I lost count. 0 Noctis. I better get TGCid on a daily pull when he releases.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Just make an account that looks real. You don't even have to upload a photo or anything, just don't make your Shithead McFuck or anything dumb

Just make an account and then hide it so nobody can see it.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

I need help deciding which characters to combine for the 5% TM and which to keep copies of (either for battles or shared TM grind). I pretty much used all 6 months of tickets and lapis I've F2P hoarded on this banner (0 rainbows though :( ) so I'm not super familiar with a lot of the characters. I plan to keep 4 or 5 of each 6*-capable unit, and all of the units with top-tier TMs, but a bunch fall in a spot where I'm unsure if it's better to keep a full team or just combine down to 2 or 3 right away. Any advice would be appreciated!

8 Chizuru (2 maxed, 6 new)
You want 5 Blade Masteries just in case, they are so good that I'd probably TM grind multiples at a time then smash to speed up the TM grind process. Chorizo is a solid unit right now too so definitely keep the 2 you have maxxed out
7 ExDeath (3 maxed, 4 new)
I kept 4 ExDeaths just because eventually I will grind up all 4 and have an arena team that is almost impossible for me to lose with. I have 2 maxxed out right now and the team is almost unbeatable as is. I would smash the other 3
5 Garland (all new)
Garland is very good once he gets his 6* but I don't see any Bartz on your list, he only gets really amazing when he goes the double-double hand route and his TM isn't great so you can probably smash these guys all toghether
5 Edgar (all new)
You only need 2 of him to do the chainsaw chain shenanigans so you can probably smush the rest or all of them if you never want to bother with chainsaw shenanigans (really Chorizo can do it just as well and you have lots of those) but you might want to grind out a couple of machine killers just in case of future challenges/events
5 Edge (all new)
The character isn't great and the TM isn't either, I'd smash all these
5 Mercedes (all new)
This unit is great and the TM is the strongest weapon in the game currently, TM all 5 to max, don't smush
5 Freya (all new)
Another unit that sucks compared to your pile of Chorizos and Mercedes. Her TM is interesting though and 50% dark resist might come in useful in the future, I'd probably keep at least two to max out TM on
5 Vaan (1 maxed, 4 new)
His TM is alright but not really amazing. He's an alright Full Breaker since I don't see a WoL or Agrias on your list I'd keep one for that role
4 Cecil (1 maxed, 1 high 5*, 2 new)
His TM is great, I would max TM all 4 of these
4 Firion (1 maxed, 3 new)
TM isn't great at all, but his 6* form is a beast. Problem is he's only a beast with a ton of TMs on him so I'd only keep 1 and smash the rest
4 Ludmille (all new)
You want all 4 Dualcasts for sure
4 Gaffgarion (all new)
Bracer is great, especially on Doublehand guys like 6* Garland. I would grind out 4 of them
4 Mustadio (all new)
Best gun in the game, you probably want all 4 of them
4 Xiao (1 maxed, 3 new)
Best Fist weapon in the game by a landslide, you probably want 4
4 Kefka (all new)
You want all 4 ribbons just in case there's a trial boss in the future that they trivialize
4 Arc (1 maxed, 3 new)
The best mage staff, you want all 4 if you ever plan on making a mage team with your pile of ExDeaths
4 Tellah (1 maxed, 3 new)
Not great right now when you have so many ExDeaths and Arcs, his TM is ok, I'd probably smash them all toghether
4 Celes (1 maxed, 3 new)
Not an amazing unit but the Minerva Bustier is really good. II would probably grind all 3 of these
4 Golbez (2 maxed, 2 new)
His TM is awesome, but your ExDeaths already have Meteor so I'd probably smash all these
3 Terra (1 maxed, 2 new)
Ultima is the strongest black magic spell outside of Noctis' ring, I'd keep all 3 for your ExDeath army
3 Zidane (all new, 1 TM mastered, 2nd TM at 25%)
Unless you have 5 dual wield, never smash Zidanes
3 Medius (all new)
Some people swear by his growth egg, but I tend to level my guys up almost exclusively with Cactaurs. If you grind your dudes to level them, then you probably want 3 of these, if you are like me you can probably smash these guys

Really though, unless you need the space I'd keep most of them for now.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

MP up would be really good on units with refresh that burn through tons of mp per cast. I'm keeping my telaths just for my tilith. Because if you can get her over 500mp she will recover most of her mp each turn regardless of what she casts.

Also will a materia that grand double hand stack in global when your character already has double hand like for Garland? I smooshed my buttz together because having 3 dw already sort of limits the use of double hand but I might have kept another one if that was the case.

Yes, the materia stacks with the natural ability. Just like the killer abilities. If you put a dragon killer materia on Kain he gets the benefit from both his inherent killer bonus and the materia one.

I am pretty sure there is a goon with a suped up Demon Rain with the Double Hand from Butz and his own inherent Double hand and is around 700 atk.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Benthalus posted:

I pulled my first Zidane on the most recent chase for Lightning (that I didn't get in 50 pulls), and while it's definitely a letdown to lose out on a featured base 5*, that dual wield will be very valuable due to its versatility. Have any decent attacker? There are plenty of base 3* max 6* options. No decent attacker? Throw it on a mage. Pull a base 5* unit in the future that doesn't have innate dual wield? Move it on over.

But nothing feels as good as that chase unit popping out of a rainbow crystal.

Some of us don't know that feeling! I got my 1 base 5* unit off of a free ticket pull just because I didn't feel like saving it... wasn't chasing anything. I chased Ramza (my favorite FF game was Tactics) and failed and chased Noctis hard and failed.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

There's a mission to use Stonega, which you only get access to with Rain at 5* and almost maxed, unless you happen to have... a handful of other mediocre units at 5* and almost maxed, or Shantotto at 4* maxed.

Great.

I have never once run a team with 5 melee units unless it was on TM grinding that I could clear in my sleep. You always want a healer of some sort for content you're not autobattling, even if it's just Cecil, so there's no reason to ever need more than 4. The rest of your advice is sound, but this one just kind of made me :confused: about how it's phrased.

Also, without Miyukis, multiple Blade Masteries rapidly drop off in utility since they don't stack. You get one Genji Blade, one Chijiraden (if you were here for the FFT event), and one Murasame. Every other free katana is garbage.

The reason I said "just in case" is because if there's ever a viable 5 melee build and you happen to have ground out 5 good Katanas, you'll want 5 Blade Mastery since it's the single most ATK boosting materia you can equip. That's why I didn't say you NEED 5 right now!

Just as a future maybe thing.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Isn't she the one that was in that doughnut shop and say she hated America and Americans?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3i1dejBsI

I don't hear anything about obesity there. This was after she licked a bunch of the doughnuts that were sitting on the shelf too. She is a dumb oval office and wish they would have picked pretty much anyone else.

Also, I'm sure I'll pull 12 of her since I can't stand her.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 3, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

jetz0r posted:

I sent friend requests to everyone in the spreadsheet, can I get some more goon friends to help me push through getting crafting materials from this event?

I booted a few inactives and sent you an invite. Have a couple spots left if anyone wants/needs a 700ish atk Dracu Lasswell buddy.

EDIT: Also, the discord is WAY more active than the thread, if anyone needs to get good goonfriends to carry them, they'd probably have much more success there.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 4, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

So different comment here but how much stronger is Fina over Exdeath any who? Like, if significantly so I'll probably throw some tickets.

She's like ExDeath + AoE Atk/Def break, immunity to silence/paralyze/petrify, auto MP recovery, magical counter, ultima instead of Meteor and has the off elements instead of fire/ice. Oh, and she can wear all the normal mage gear.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Dias posted:

Her TM is also idiotic, it's like 30% MAG to people using Rods and 20% MAG to people wearing Robes. I dunno if she's worth whaling for tho, she's very good but I feel you'd rather have a strong physical 5* over a strong 5* mage.

Yea, if you don't have ExDeath, then pulling for her hard is definitely reasonable. If you have an ExDeath or 5 like some of us, don't throw too many tickets at her. Save them for Grande Burrito Supreme or, if they ever release him to us, TG Cid.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Fisting Tent posted:

Is a single Ultima better than double casting Meteor though?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ultima is a black magic and she has double black.

It hits for the same, only it adds more hits and makes it ignore more m.defense. The biggest thing is that the extra hits makes it chain with itself.

Yep, she gets double black magic too, and can dual-Ultima.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I put my CoD up as my friend unit this week as well, she has Diablos, Thorned Mace and Rising Sun, 580 atk and 5700 hps. She hits DF for over 40k per barrage hit. I wish there was a Man Eater materia so I could get her to 4x and Man Eater +.

Edit: YES! Flare here I come!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 6, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I can pretty easily get Dark Fina down to around 30-40%, but it is at that point that the damage becomes so much that there's no real way to avoid losing a ton of my party, even with omni-veil up. I don't think I can very easily take off half of her health in one go, either. The really obnoxious thing is that killing her would get me a trust moogle to finish out my deathbringer, which would make killing her WAY easier.

Nope, she has 100% Dark damage resists, which makes Deathbringer useless against her.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I honestly wouldn't be angry at a rainbow Miyuki. I have 4 Blade Masteries and only 1 Shakirabufuki. No, no... I get rainbow Kuja and Celes.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Usually Gigantuars are a no brainer for me to get, but now I literally have so many of these things that I can't even take the ones from the christmas event out of my gifts because other gigantuars are taking up too much room.

Yea, I pulled a 7 so I just used mine I had saved on her. Didn't hat a TON but enough to get her almost to 6*

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Is Seven any good? I got her and one of the other 50% guys

People say she's not, but the more I look at her I think "I can make her pretty great I think"

I'm starting on letters for arms tonight for her.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

For all the other unlucky people who don't pull base 5* units. Here is my proof that with a ton of effort and grinding, you can have a pretty amazing unit built out of a base 4*

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

I bet if you put Kaiser Knuckles and Dream Harp on Firion, plus Ariana's TM and some snow belts, it would work really well with his innates. Perhaps someone could theorycraft this for us.

If you could dual wield with harps then this might be good. However you cannot.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Self-imposed challenge of beating March of the Beasts without a friend unit (okay that was for the 5 member quest) and using no items is a success!

Never doing that again. Nope. Noctis and Bartz, you are both heroes.

You and me both! Took me an hour and about 10 uses of Cover and Warp from friend Noctis.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Wait, is snow actually good? Because I have him too. I also have two xiaos so the dream of one day getting to dual wield fists is a possibility. But apparently giving one fist to firion is a good idea in the future?

I don't know, maybe McSpankWich could chime in on this...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I can't complain, I pulled with 20 tickets and the free pull, and ended up with 2 Cecil, a Gaff, Zidane #4, Charlotte 28ish and Mustadio #15. Oh, and 2 Galufs and a gold Bedile!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Aw man I just dropped 10 tickets and got 1 Xiao and pure trash. Got 2 gold crystals only to end up with stupid anzlhem and of course our man bedile.

High five gold Bedile bud!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I miss the days when there were five or six posts every morning about gold Shadow or gold Bedile.

I tried! There were two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Palleon posted:

I pulled twice and got a Xiao and a Ling.

Is there concievably any reason to need more than one Kaiser knuckle? I'm grinding out a Firion dream TM set, I have two Xiao's and would love to smush them to save time, but don't want to miss out on a second. Especially since I have two Snows.

On the other hand I've pulled close to 50 times and haven't seen a Ling or any base 5. I have decided that if this game doesn't give me a base 5 by the end of this event, I'm feeding everyone else to Dracu Lasswell and uninstalling. I figure I've done 2-300 pulls since the Haloween event and haven't seen a base 5 so the game is telling me to just give up trying.

• Locked thread