Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Or does downloading nox or memu allow my old comp to run apps? I'm assuming it doesn't cause that's seems like a fairly hefty programming feet but again I don't know a drat thing about how all this poo poo works.

Nox/Memu run an instance of android on your computer.You just start an instance, it loads, you download FFBE and you use it just like a phone except with your mouse instead of your finger.

Once you do that, you follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

I have no idea if XP can run it, to be honest, but its worth a shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

To be fair, I would hold a similar amount of disdain for anyone who makes a steak well done.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Servaetes posted:

If I have a pile of Bartz laying around its safe to smoosh them together yeah? Doublehand seems decent but badly outclassed by dual wield.

Depends, there are uses for it.

DKC likes it, as it's a good buff, and DW will make him kill himself constantly.

Garland LOVES it because he has it innately and it stacks with itself if it's from different sources. (Like two materia would be useless, but innate/materia is great)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

lol if you don't think we're already getting a KH banner when the next game of that comes out

Literally who cares about the new singing-themed bard character named Ariana. It's not indicative of anything.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kheldarn posted:

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue comes out on 1/24.

Next major release. I don't even know what that poo poo is

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cartoon Man posted:

Is this the real name or a joke name? I never loving know anymore with KH games. Or FF games for that matter...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_2.8_Final_Chapter_Prologue

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue includes a high-definition remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as two new pieces of content to the Kingdom Hearts series. The first, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, is a cinematic based on Kingdom Hearts χ that details events not shown in the original game. The other, Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage, is an all-new game that takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep from the perspective of Aqua. Back Cover and A Fragmentary Passage will be the ninth and tenth installments in the Kingdom Hearts series.

I mean, it's not THAT much worse than "Brave Exvius"

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where were these people when the FF15/Cup Noodles collaboration happened??

lots of people think Outspoken Women are more blasphemous than Literal Advertisements in their ULTIMATE FANTASY SAGAS

e:

Kheldarn posted:

My issue is that I don't like her, as an artist or a person. I figure Sqeenix went with her because she's a cheap celeb. And also affordable.

That's a really weird thing to think about someone you've (most likely) never met who seems to be a genuinely good person going by the information on wikipedia.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 3, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dias posted:

Also hating Americans is like soccer, Americans are the only ones that don't do it.

i think you'll find that we hate ourselves a whole lot too but we just hide it in layers and layers of bluster and nationalism

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Evil Fluffy posted:

That maker put a lot of effort in to a thing while somehow missing/ignoring that Y'shtola's isn't the protagonist for FFXIV and she's not even the most important NPC. She's just the mascot for games like Dissidia. I can understand their FFXI choice because AFAIK there's no defined and 'official' character for that like the guy that SE uses consistently as their WoL in FFXIV trailers and promos. </:spergin:>

Also one of their big callout moments is "Cloud and Tifa might have banged once"

The gently caress?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

Boy oh boy, 2017 will be a blast.

what the gently caress are you even ON about

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dias posted:

100% AoE paralyze LB makes her Arena queen. Her toolset is okay too, even if she has a WEIRD stat distribution. She gets a 40% SPR ST debuff, a 50% ice/lightning/fire ST debuff, Focus and nice elemental coverage to single targets. Most of her damage seems to be physical, but you can also make her a mage if you have the TMs which, again, weird. Bad equipment selection tho (whips, daggers and normal swords). Girl's not setting the world on fire but she's a serviceable unit with a strong niche use, 100% paralyze in Arena is GG.

Neat, I just pulled her as well.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

There's a daily bundle in the store for T0.

2x of each 6* mat
8 Gigantuar
3 Sacred Crystal
500 event currency

For 500 lapis. Doesn't seem worth it, really.

Also, reminder there's a daily bundle of usually 2 materials. Today it's light megacrysts, which are good. You should be checking them every day if you don't already

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cheap Trick posted:

Maybe a few bucks, I can't remember. Best characters I have so far are 4* Edgar and 4* Luna.

I linked my account to Facebook anyway since I had to move between phones as well so rip me I guess

It's fine. Orlandu is a trap banner. Get your bunnygirl and the equipment you can for her.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Peachfart posted:

Are you certain? This hasn't been my experience.

It's true, mostly.

It has to be part of the killing burst. Like, you can't use your item, wait, and then use the actual killing blow.

You've got to time it right and get it in the chain for best results.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

In reverse order:

Her event lasts until the 27th. If you look at each special vortex it tells you exactly how long you have left.

You can awaken to 5 and get the Lapis, but she's actually not a terrible unit at all, Bioga and Thundaga are useful, and her buff songs are great for one round kill parties. Also sometimes you gotta send someone out to die and it's the bard.

You need five of each girly Awakening material to get her to 5*, and ten more of each to get her to 6*, for a total of 15 of each. You can do the beginner level over and over to get them.

Her equipment requires Musical Notes, however, which are only dropped by the boss, which does not appear on the beginner level. The higher the level, the better the Gigantaur you receive in addition.

I was able to get all her equipment and get her to 6* in under 24 hours.

Minor correction: She's here until February 2. Shes also got one of the highest base MAG in the game.

Also make sure you make two gloves, and consider making a second Microphone. They can be Dual Wielded and only cost 5 notes to make.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

beaner69 posted:

I have 2 Zidane, I've read he's bad but his tm is great. Is his tm enough to make him great or is there a way to move his tm to other heroes?

Once you get a TM, its in your inventory as an item/ability/whatever. Anyone can equip and use it, as long as they meet the normal requirements.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Skyridge posted:

Why is Rain's full break called undermine, anyway? Isn't it functionally identical?

gotta make another new ability so that they can make you use it on a mission for 10 lapis

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

hagie posted:

Read this post and it reminded me I hadn't done my freebie for today.

Ripped a Zidane. Now I have 2 and I can't bring myself to merge them.

Not trolling, just thanking for reminding me.

Never merge the monkeys.

Unless you already have five dual wields.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

WebDO posted:

I have a second monkey boy and a trust moogle, but I also have a Noctis that is only a shameful 500 some attack with dual wield.

I'm tempted to burn the moogle on Excalibur or the Safiwhateverwhatever katana to make my Noctis less garbage and realize maybe I should start TM macros. What's the go-to macro for Memu if I'm not going to use lapis?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/
Use the ultimate TM macro that says no lapis

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, I was using Nox before work to do some arenas while my phone charged. I entered the Nian exploration, not realizing it was an exploration, saw the map size and closed Nox, because gently caress that.

When I got to work and got back onto BE, I had successfully completed the exploration, and got all the rewards except for killing the Nian with a limit or whatever.

So, this event can be cheesed. Do with this information what you will.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Important Megacryst Note

This exploration is likely the best time to farm Megacrysts we've ever had. There are 6 collection points, and the base energy cost is 5.

These points drop lumber, ores, and then every flavor of crysts and megacrysts. I don't know if the chances are different for each difficulty, but I doubt it.

For newer players: this is important because one of the best items in the game is the Hero Ring, which is made with 10 each of Ice and Fire megas, which gives +10% atk/mag. There will "soon" be upgrades to those rings, using the other colors and light/dark. You should keep your megas always.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ling: 6* L45
Dance of Death
Inflict 2 random status ailments (30%) to all enemies and increase power of the next normal attack (+1x, max +10x) to caster

Does anyone know if this is coded the same way as Black Cat Lid? If so, that would be amazing.

e: Oh wait, it has a percent chance on it. Oh well, too bad.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Rigel posted:

Wow. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the exceed ring does not exist. Its probably better to look at it that way

Yeah, seriously. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the Exceed Ring every time ring upgrades are mentioned. The normal ring upgrades are pretty dang good, and focusing on the one that is hilariously out of reach is just silly.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Onion Knight was already deposed by Eileen, I believe

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MrLonghair posted:

They stated that they're looking into ways to use 100% TM units that you have no use for any longer, free little moog or ticket or something. Wish I waited until the stream to make space.

So Japan will have it in 4 months, and we'll have it in a year.

You've got time to get more.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

McSpankWich posted:

edit: JK it turns out the only other global exclusives were the Medius and Cerius 6* upgrades, which isn't the same thing. Anywho, they haven't really hinted at them taking Yun and Ling OUT of the pool, but it would definitely make me pull harder than I currently am before the event ends.

They are limited time exclusives.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vadun posted:

Guess I'm never getting Yun then. Spent all my lapis, all my hoarded tickets and event tickets, over 80 pulls.

No chance of him returning?

There hasn't been a holiday exclusive unit return yet, but that doesn't mean its impossible. The game hasn't been out a year, and we haven't had the opportunity for a second Halloween or Mogcake Festival yet..

:shrug:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Palleon posted:

Outside of King Mog events it is the ONLY way.

The Maze is coming back in a few days, that's a way.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tipme posted:

Diabolos has mug as well if you spec for it

That would probably aggro him. He doesn't attack until he's hit.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Steal is a recipe from a silver chest in the Westersands, go get it and make 5. It's a super easy recipe.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Holy poo poo the dunes are buffed to hell, double metal gigantaurs? yes please

I got five gigantuars my last run

That's a hell of a change.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ubiquitus posted:

So pretty much all the generic units below 3* are worthless right? What's the best thing for me to do with those? Enhance them into other units or just sell them?

Friend summons are only good for their TMs and to sell.

The important ones are: Any Killer, HP +10%, Camouflage. Get one or two copies of the situational abilities: Sunbeam, Stonra, Escape, Drink, Raging Fist.

If you want a quick bunch of Gil, you can run the 1*s through the chamber of experience to max them, and sell them for more. Personally I just sell anything I'm not actively trying to get a tm from

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I feel bad for you guys who skip the story, this stuff is good silly fun.

Veritas of the Flames being grumpy about smug butterflies was good, along with basically everything else about him.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I've got a ton of friend slots open, so anyone who doesn't have me and wants an 835 Yun (As soon as this batch of TMs goes through, he should be Best In Slot at 944ATK), friend request me. Make sure you have goony poo poo in your message, obviously.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, I see that Nox has a Mac version as of about a month ago.

It's time.

How I mine 4 TM?

There's instructions in the Reddit thread, but it's basically Install nox, install game (you may still need to use an APK), log into account, set up macro, push button, wait.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

9 pulls. 3 Zidane.

Holy gently caress.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't get discouraged people, run PRO. If we get him up to level 25, Pro runs should be almost enough.

What are we qualifying as "enough" here? Cause I'm totally happy with just getting the three characters and their equipment.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

never chase 5*s

just don't do it

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tengames posted:

Its even more hilarious as people have been hyping this guy for half a year now, talking about saving for him specifically.

Spend tickets on whomever you want to, it doesnt always have to be the most sensible or practical option.

Things change.

Orlandu is coming super late compared to JP, and Tidus/Rikku are apparently soon (assuming Gumi doesn't push them back too), and both of those are very, very good.

We've gotten a bunch of global exclusive units that JP didn't, that shifts the power scale.

Even before all that, there were people saying that Orlandu was overkill, his banner was lovely and you should never chase a 5*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

So if I have two I should not fuse them for faster tming

You should definitely keep two Agrias unless you're really confident that you get another one.

• Locked thread