Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I was so jealous when I looked at your Elza's scythes, Kalas.

Though that reminds me, is there a particular reason why you have her equipped with NO Esper? Not even Ifrit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The FFT exploration event was such an amazing boon for Esper leveling that I feel really bad for anyone who started after it and/or wish a future exploration event has similarly good returns.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If all else fails, slap a Power/Magic Break on somebody?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
We're not getting Orlandu next. There are 6 banners in between now and Orlandu, not counting any new special banners like the Darkness one we just got.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Goddamnit, stop giving me reasons not to mush my Shantotto's together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8pegRzjaSY

That chain :stare:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm okay with skipping everything up to orlandu.

I'd like to have at least two more Mog King events before Orlandu, so I can stockpile 20+ more tickets.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Krile learns Curaja and Aeroga. Which is nice when you consider she already has Dualcast.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He learns 3 -ga spells, but he also learns Draw Attacks. Nobody knows why he learns Draw Attacks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They haven't announced Gilgamesh, so they might have wanted to just put up an announcement for all of the Awakenings separately from the actual FFV banner itself.

It would be a bit weird if it wasn't an FFV banner coming, since we'd have all of the FFV awakenings and then some other random banner?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Gilgamesh (unit) comes with the FFV banner.

Gilgamesh (trial) is 2-3 Trials away.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

The last character on the banner is Mercedes who is a physical attacker that uses Axes. I guess if you're hurting for Physical attackers she's not that bad. Looks like she has a decently high base attack and some built in attack bonuses along with Barrage and a 50% attack buff that hits the whole party for 3 turns. Base 4* but can go to 6* right away.

I want Mercedes because of her future Enhancements (and she's not a half bad physical attacker right now). Warcry turns into an AOE +100% ATK & 100% ATK Debuff Resistance for 3 turns; her Axe Mastery passive turns into +100% ATK, and Axe of the Sea Gods gets a great boost particularly if you're wielding a water element Axe (ie- her TM).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I guess they needed to fill the 4* banner slot and didn't want to bump Faris up.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh that's right. Part 2 of Olderion means we finally get the +10% ATK recipe.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm just happy that with 6* Exdeath coming out, I can move Dualcast off Exdeath and onto Refia where it belongs.

And to figure out where I'm going to fit Bartz into my team, maybe.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Reminder: 6* Bartz's level 100 skill is a trap. Hybrid sucks so much, it's honestly depressing. You will never be able to build Hybrid strong enough such that Cyclone Slash does significantly more damage than Gale Barrage, compared to the investment you could have made going straight ATK instead and just crush people with Gale Barrage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I think you mixed up Cyclone Slash and Gale Barrage in there, but yea, I mathed it out a while back when Letters & Arms came out. You can make Cyclone Slash higher damage than Gale Barrage, but only by about ~15% with some absurd gear combinations. Instead, you could simply build ATK and quickly have a much better Gale Barrage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cecil surviving is what makes that gif perfect.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HGH posted:

So there's this... Robot trial(?) in JP right now and I cannot comprehend the nature of that fight. It seems beyond absurd.

You mean the 10 million hp robot, with 4 million hp arms, where if you kill the Right Arm twice it explodes and wipes you, but if you don't kill the Right Arm it heals the main Body in 500k hp increments. Oh and the Left Arm single targets your highest ATK character with a 1000% physical hit repeatedly throughout the fight.

Good times, good times.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dias posted:

That sounds...like a thing.

Does it also make whaling noises when it beats you while popups for 100k Lapis packages try and interfere with your menuing?

I forgot to mention it also on turn 1 casts Reflect on itself and its Arms. Here's a video if you want to watch someone's 6500 hp units get the poo poo kicked out of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQ0sPERRQY

Also it shows how much I really, really want Rikku.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Is she the one who was casting auto-res to full everything on almost every turn?

Tilith was the one in the top right either Full Raising individual people or Party Full Raising when he lost 2-3 people.

Rikku's the one bottom left using her Limit Break every other turn to put up a party Auto-Revive. She has other awesome abilities, but she kind of had to put up a party Auto-Revive every time it was available.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The Auto-Revive from Rikku is to 80% hp. Shouldn't have been mana restore, but he uses Ramza in that fight to constantly sing, which turns him into a party mana battery.

He probably would have wiped if the boss managed to kill Rikku twice. Then he wouldn't have an auto-revive available which might have allowed it to kill too many characters on the following turn when the shields were down.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Going back to exceed ring talk, is there really no one on jp with an exceed ring yet? I mean, there's gotta be someone, right?

Maybe there's some secret check where the more you have of the materials, the less chance there is for the rest of them to drop.

I'm sure there's someone, but it was mentioned on in some reddit thread that they're hard to craft even for whales because one of the materials is a low % drop from crafting one of the components.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Thanks to Fenrir's CoD I managed to beat Maxwell and also get the summon achievement thing as well as there no KOs somehow. Oh and my game crashed like six times. Hopefully I don't get banned for it but uh, I can't really see someone unlocking Maxwell without that happening unless they have an absolutely perfect team.

Well-rounded (ie- tanky and with a solid Healer) or Dualcast. You can bury Maxwell under Curajas/ability to raise two people per turn and still Curaja. Dualcast Refia was honestly my single most important unit in the fight, above and beyond my attackers or tanks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Boo, no Mercedes. At least Krile and Galuf don't have rate ups.

Exploration gear looks really bad, but I'll take another TM.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Eddain posted:

You say it like they aren't gonna show up 90% of the time anyway.

Is it worth pulling for Gilgamesh if you already have a Lightning/Bartz?

Aside from the fact that pulling for a 5* is a bad idea in general, Gilgamesh is good right now, great in the future, and has his TM which might be more valuable than he is.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Inkel posted:

In before Fenrir pulls double Gilgamesh on the next banner.

And a Cecil.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

JP vid showing the FFV event we're getting soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2JhzwWYz4

Doesn't seem too tough but we might get a +1 difficulty version like we did with FFT.

Oh right, Big Bridge.

Well now I just want the music from FFRK's Big Bridge event with the lyrics they had. It was fantastic.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Once Excalibur #2 finishes, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out whether to keep Dual-Wield on Elza, or move it over to Bartz. Stupid Elza and her weapon equipment restrictions.

I think dual-Excalibur on Bartz is going to out damage dual-spear Elza.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Yea, only having one dual wield is a pain for me too. I think I might build up Buttz and slap it on him, then just put all 4 Spooky Aura's on Dracu Lasswell with my Excalibur and put the rest of the big damage stuff on Buttz (dual wield, blade mastery, Shakirabufuki, Gungnir) then start grinding double hand for CoD.

Hmm, on second running of the numbers, looks like Elza still pulls ahead. Buttz, however, seems to be able to just break 500 ATK with Doublehand on himself and an Excalibur which is much better than I figured it would end up. So I might go that route with him instead.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Once Garland gets his 6* increase, he's going to become my Doublehand beast. One of you math wiz guys tell me what he'd be at with Doublehand, Excalibur, 2x Bracer, Dark Helm, 10% atk x2 (Recipe should be out by then,) Barrage and a Power of Creation. Has to be over 700 at least right? Without Dual Wield.

EDIT: Need a Barrage though, his single target dps would be pretty lacking without it.

EDIT: vvvv Yea, but I only have one dual wield, I can put it on someone else and have two characters who hit harder than a truck.

Couple things: Your materia on 6* Garland would want to include a Doublehand. Doublehand (materia) stacks with Doublehand (unit passive). It just doesn't stack with itself on GL for some reason, so you can't run 4 copies of the materia.

I'm also not sure you need Barrage. 6* Garland gets a 140% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & AoE 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist attack, which is 280% normalized the first hit, and then at least 25% more damage on subsequent hits if you add Dark element to his attacks (which he has an ability for).

But yes, your setup with Barrage and a Doublehand materia inplace of one of the 10% ATK works out to 705 ATK with a maxed Ifrit.

Edit: And when Enhancements come out for him, he gains +50% more on his Doublehand passive which gives you +97 ATK more, so you could break 800 then. And his attack I mentioned goes up to 180% and -75% Dark Resist which means you really don't need Barrage at that point, so you can stuff more ATK materia on him.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 23, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, how exactly do enhancements work once we get them? Is it just a straight gil cost, or do you need items as if you were awakening someone too? And if so, is it just as lovely of a grind for materials?

There is a material grind, yes. I think it's from a new vortex unlockable area or what not.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Thursday at 0:00 GMT.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Something like that. He gets his 6* at the same time as WoL's 6*, which will be happy, happy days for WoL.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Supposedly complaints from the people injecting about being banned started as soon as the announcement went up, so it seems like they've begun cracking down. But yea, those Gengi Glove ones are hilariously blatant.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

please link or quote the tears

I was just browsing one of the good riddance subreddit threads thanking Gumi for cracking down on the injectors, and people in there were relaying quotes and impressions of the cheater forums (I wasn't even aware they had their own community).

Speaking of the subreddit though, there's an AMA going on with a former Gumi employee. Lot of interesting behind the scenes information on how everything works. Seems like from his description, SQEX has a lot more direct input on Global. FF7 was supposedly to be planned for the end of this year, at least for the JP version, but it might still be up in the air.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Typically Dualwield. You do have Refia, though, and Dualcast on Refia on a fight like Maxwell needs to be seen to be believed.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Holy explosion is a 200% 7 hit ignore 50% DEF and add a - 50% light res debuff that is comically easy to chain with (primarly itself by using an Orlandu friend leader). And you're also immediately taking advantage of that light vulnerability because if you equip anything but Excalibur on him (since he has Greatsword mastery), your game uninstalls itself out of shame.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shoenin posted:

We can still trade in stuff to King Mog tommorow after Maintenance right?

cause I literally was right in front of him when Maintanance hit

King Mog remains redeemable for about one week after the current King Mog event finishes, until the next one starts.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
One thing to keep in mind: Antonella's parts have overlapping resistances. So anyone or any friend leaders with base elemental weapons is going to be in for a rough time. The only thing it's either completely not-resistant to or vulnerable to is Earth damage or Light/Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Mindflayers can and will AOE paralyze your entire party if you let them. They are jerks.

Thankfully Refia's limit burst is amazing, but man, I was on auto-pilot not thinking through these story missions just to quickly clear them and suddenly everyone not named Refia was greyed out.

• Locked thread