Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Trial Bahamut 5-man clear down. I had to give up on no green magic midway through because ahahahaha no.

Many characters were raised this day. Had to put two Haedalyn Guard materias on people since he deals so much assorted elemental damage. I think my main saving grace was that Olive was on Titan and Refia was on Carbuncle which let me "stabilize" midway through by putting up bar- shields.

No green magic seems legitimately difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Free pulls have been I can't remember, and Gaffgarrion number 6 or 7. I've lost count. I don't need this many bracers.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You should keep a Shantotto around if you're TMR farming her, because she becomes a fantastic chainer with her 6*.

I think Zidane himself also becomes decent, though not to the same extent.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shantotto only has a 5* form in JP right now and a 4* form here. Honestly they are probably scared of giving her a 6* right now, despite being the closest thing to the representative character of the its particular FF. Her 5* is that strong.

The rod is absolute crap and so is the robe but the gun and lance are OK. Outside of TMRs and old event items, you wont get better.

Whoops, yea, I meant 5*. It's just so good that my brain mentally assigned it as her 6* upgrade.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
All I can see is 243/21 and panicking.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just brought my Orlandeau, a Friend Orlandeau, stole his buff with Xon, and beat him to death over a few turns. Physical resist if you can Orlandeau chain doesn't seem all that consequential.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Wait, did we get a story update this maintenance too?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup, new continent went active yesterday and the new FFBE event today.

Man, I completely didn't notice the new continent. Probably because I'm still spending all my energy on the Mog King event.

But still, :toot: for more story lapis.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Storyline characters require hardly any experience or awakening mats to get to max level. Not even a third of what big ticket characters take.

Except Lasswell, who takes 2x as much XP as Rain to max out because gently caress you.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Japan's something like a year ahead of us in terms of units and content and gets their Collabs which we don't appear to get outside of super universal stuff like FFXV promotions or Nier (still upcoming).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Luka will gain a bit of a boost in the future when her Enhancements boost her party Regenerate by 2.5x the current healing & lasting 20 turns, and Priestess' Miracle curing all status effects.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Finished off Tickets, the cheap 6* mats, the 30k Moogle, and half the Gigantaurs. Have 80k for a Purecryst which I still don't know which I want to pickup. Probably another Support since everything seems to use them.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Honestly, the thing I'm stoked for in this upcoming raid is the HP +10%, MAG +20% TM materia from the raid.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Elemental Resistance is averaged across all applicable elements. Which means that for defending, it's great, since you could simply boost one resistance to 200% to make yourself immune from a dual-element attack.

But for attacking, it means that the more elements you attack with, the easier it is for it to have a resistance to at least one element, which causes it to resist the entire attack.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Trial done. All missions complete :toot:

Initially tried with that super Marie friend we have around here, but unfortunately, didn't have the DPS. Tried again with a regular Orlandeau friend to chain with, brought Minfilia instead, and it went down easy* enough. Barstonra/Soil Guard + Water Guard mitigates a lot of Orthos' more dangerous AOEs, and Typhon got off all of one Fireball. Typhon died on turn 4 anyway, so thank god I didn't have to deal with him one-shotting Cecil every turn.

* Everyone that wasn't named Refia died at least once during the fight, but it seems designed in such a way that you're expected to lose people, and that as long as you're losing maybe 1 person you should be able to recover with a Full Raise. It seems super difficult, though, if you don't have some kind of chaining capability in order to deal enough damage to kill Orthos quickly once he's sub 50% (that 75% gravity is a bitch) and to remove Typhon from round 2 as fast as possible.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BDawg posted:

I tried with the following and died pretty early in round 2.

Orlandu
Cecil
Minfilia
Refia
Friendlandu

What was your strategy? Just keep up Soil Guard and Water Guard and heal / hit each turn? What did you use to prevent snort?

This was my exact party.

Typhon died turn 4 when he buffed himself, so snort never happened. The key strategy was you need to absolutely loving ATK break Orthos as soon as possible and keep it up. It turns his auto-attacks from 1k+ hits to 400 and less. Typhon himself really didn't do anything except Fireball once and I think kill Cecil right at the start of Round 2 (poor Cecil). Orlandeau chains do enough to take him down fast enough (provided good Orlandeaus).

But yea, use Barstonra with Refia if you can at the start of round 2 so that Minfilia can also put up Water Guard in the same turn, and then just put up a stronger shield whenever you're able.

The start of Round 2 until Typhon is dead is probably the hardest part of the fight. If you can deal with Orthos, you're fine. But you have to weather raising whomever Typhon kills initially when Round 2 begins and then killing Typhon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BDawg posted:

I think one of my problems is lack of setup Friendlandus. Everyone is geared for Titan.

Oof, yea. I think at least a few people in the SA doc still have 1000 ATK Orlandeaus geared up since you don't need Golem on him, and I used one of them. If you don't have mine, I have my 970 Orlandeau available if you want another one: 235,783,778

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I was looking at the enhancements linked earlier, and it looks like DKC gets a really, really good Dark resist debuff, that I'm hoping will synergize really well with Elza. Are there any characters that get a chainable, unmitigated darkness move? So far it seems like we've got Orlandu, Fryevia, Fohlen, Aileen and pretty soon Tidus for light, ice, wind, ground and water respectively.

If you don't mind spoilers, Dark Veritas is effectively Dark Orlandeau. Better, I believe given some of his passives.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Healing: She's got an AoE heal + Esunaga. She's got an AoE 100% Raise. She's got a 20% chance to counter with Curaja. Spells: Arise, Esunaga, Reraise, Curaja

She actually has Curada as her base healing spell, so even more silly.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I hope they never get too mad at FFRK... it's a bit more simplistic than FFBE, but it has extremely generous devs for a f2p game and it hits nostalgia notes pretty well.

Both it and FFBE are genuinely fun, I'd be sad if either went away anytime soon :ohdear:

Yea, I hope they continue to support both of them.

I enjoy FFBE for the sprite work and getting my turn-based fix in. But FFRK provides me with a lot more interesting boss battles, and crazy player abilities in general.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
12 tickets for my Tilith (and three other off-banner golds in the process).

Whatever, still effectively broke even this event, and now I can stop and begin praying for Rikku.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
3% extra MP Refresh (from like Vestment of Mind) and a nearly full MP potted Tilith on a mage-type Esper (ie- anything that gives her 350 MP total) will regen almost exactly 45 MP/turn, which is enough for full heal each turn.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Just seems like if you're in need of an AOE magic blocker, Charlotte is a cheaper option who takes less damage from MAG attacks. Obviously who knows when we'll get her enhancements and her 6*, but given the cost of having to get 3 T5 crysts versus 1 T4; just felt like she was more viable in that role.

But WoL also takes less damage from MAG attacks (and is likely healing to full since he's being hit by magic attacks and triggering his self-heal)? Charlotte has all of 10 more SPR baseline than WoL at 6* with passives and pots included, and their AoE Cover abilities are identical. Then when enhancements happen, Charlotte gets no upgrades to her AoE Cover ability, while WoL's increases to a 75% chance & 70% MAG reduction.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

According to the reddit wiki, Charlotte's cover ability increases to 100% MAG reduction.

If we get the T5 crysts through story events, swell. I'll definitely drop them on him after doing Sakura, and his own Provoke ablity but I'm not grinding out 80k of King Mog currency to make him slightly better than Charlotte who seems like she'll do just fine in the role for significantly less work.

Royal Armlet is her single target Cover ability, not her AoE Cover ability.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It doesn't help that both icons are the same, and since we don't have her 6* in Global, it lacks an English translation.

She does passively Cover better than WoL (his is only 30%), but WoL always sucked for passive Covering and well, Cecil is the king there.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I just checked and I already have 3 Guard Purecrysts and have certainly never grinded one out on King Mog, so there's a pretty good chance that we'll see another one from a story event between now and then as well. So unless you're out of cash somehow, you should be able to afford it given the lack of other things to spend them on.

Yea, with how I'm not really planning on spending Guard or Tech on anything in the near future, all of WoL's enhancements seem affordable.

If we're getting 1 story event per month, that's 2 more Purecrysts each month on top of whatever else is in shops/events/freebies.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir got another rainbow

This one.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh. Destiny is a 160% Gravity. No loving wonder Cecil kept dying to it on the ELT every single time.

Well, at least Kill with an Esper & 5 man is done. Which took 20 minutes because while I put Rain's Fire Greatsword on my Orlandeau, I did not check to see if my Friendlandeau did the same (he did not).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I quite liked this Story update.

The 2,460 lapis also helped.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
*counts*

~1,340 Megacite. That raid a while back really was something special.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'd definitely agree with Cecil being in the next batch, since that'd make him compete slightly with Warrior of Light once he gets his 6*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I'm looking forward to that datamined axe that grants Raise as a spell, Cecil having access to Curaja *and* Raise will be fantastic. Might even be worth handing him an Esuna materia at that point. Definitely worth getting Dualcast on him.

drat, I need to keep up on my datamined info. Didn't know there was an Axe with Raise on it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I guess if anyone was thinking of trying out the JP version, they just received a 5* EX ticket & 30 summon tickets, I assume as some anniversary promotion.

Edit: Looks like 10m download celebration.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

In celebration of our fantastic game's one year anniversary we've decided to postpone the FFX event and the WOL six star awakening! Instead we are proud to announce the global exclusive FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event! Each week in July you can revisit the previous Type 0 events leading up to the fourth event at the end of the month!

Don't even loving joke. They will do this.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Also if you have access to Garnet, her LB is an increase to your Esper gauge, provided you can keep her alive.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
WoL 6* has four main things:

* He has 100% Provoke for 1 turn.
* He counters magic with a self 25% HP/MP restore. Ie- He laughs at Dark Siren's Osmose. If he counters 4 times in a single round, boom, full hp/mp.
* -45% Breaks on a Tank. Don't need to bring a dedicated breaker or waste turns on your DPS.
* He has an AOE Cover, our first, and otherwise rare even in JP.

Edit: Oh hey, actual confirmation via a facebook post:

quote:

Greetings FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans,

We would like to make a clarification on our 10+1 Summon Ticket and 10+1 guaranteed 5-star unit news. Please be informed that Tidus, Rikku and Wakka will be included on the summon pool for the two summon promos mentioned above. However, regular rates apply to the summon pools for these promos. We apologize for the confusion this has caused.

We are packed with exciting events and giveaways on our first anniversary celebration! Login to the game to check the news and be updated!

AegisP fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 28, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Dark Fina is also a fantastic Arena unit. Gilgamesh has one of the best Dual-Wield TMRs, if not the best. Queen's TMR is also nice but yea she sucks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Noctis in my main party lately has been functioning almost entirely for his Cover MP restore. Sometimes also covering Breaks.

In other words, he's the Waiting for Ramza Enhancements spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

He'll be squeezed out even as early as tomorrow IMO. Tilith covers your MP, WoL covers your Breaks, and Rikku covers your Raise/Re-raise. The only thing missing out of the Holy Trinity is 100% provoke (which WoL will eventually get).

Eh, I like the MP over time than having to dedicate Tilith to always doing it.

• Locked thread