Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
My only 4* base's are Chiz, Refia and WoL (Chiz came in a rainbow, my only one.) No 5* bases either. Wish I'd tried for Agrias, though I guess her 6* news did come after her banner.

So far, I'd say only Refia's been absolutely vital to handling really hard content. Every other role can be filled with 3* bases or friend units.

But yeah, looking like the future's going to be in 4-5*+ units. New 3*'s from now on don't even get 6* forms unless they get upgraded months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Five VLC Fina's, by "popular demand".

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Charlotte and Hayate's 6*'s are up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/254
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/219

Pfft Hayate's first 6* ability is Encounter Rate -50%, learned at lvl 1.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

That said, there is very definitely a point where your story-granted characters are going to drop off in usefulness, characters that can't awaken higher than 4* will end up being garbage, and you'll hit a point where you can't rely on friend units. (There's a common point in-story where you have to take on a boss in the middle of a town where that happens, traditionally). Not having any good units by that point is going to brick wall you, and hard.

I'd go as far as saying non 6* capable units are no longer really viable, with the exception of full breakers since there's no real 6* option yet for them. That'll change soon with Rain's 6*, and later WoL's.

It's a shame. Some of the upcoming 5*'s look like they'd be nifty to play around with. Like Ulrika's 'nothing but counters' skillset.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Of course the game has to choose the run with the metal gigantaur to
1. Not have the boss die to two rounds of crushing blow and chained thundaga's (almost always gets taken out by this)
2. wipe out my party save Cecil with wave cannon, despite it only taking out one or two party members the one or two other times he survived long enough to trigger it
3. not have Cecil trigger his 75% cover mechanic, or the 5% golem cover on lightning after reviving her, which would've saved her and let me finish the boss off.

Gonna go back to TM farming for a while until the salt content of my body reaches non-pissy levels.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, what's a decent strategy for LB farming? I finally got a 3* Cecil and I know he's pretty much the only character worth putting in all the work for. Is it to just run low level explorations and full clear them?

The way I did it back when we didn't have as many LB pots was to bring Lenna, lower everyone's attack as much as possible (no espers except ramuh on Lenna, no weapons), raise their defence as much as possible, wear poison resistance accessories, equip cats bell and Angel rings on everyone, then bring them to Maranda coast and let them grind it out there, and use ramuh to handle the boss.

It's pretty risky though, and you need to sort of find a sweet spot, especially when your characters are still 3* and not that durable. I started with using two max out Lenna's, then eventually worked down to just one. If you do this, you might want to fill the other spots with LB healers.

Also, it takes a ridiculously long time. Like you'll pretty much gain back all the stamina you used to enter the stage by the time you get out.

kalensc posted:

3x ExDeath, Golbez, Vaan
2x Cecil, CoD
1x Agrias, Lenna, Arc, Kefka, Celes, Terra, Chiruzu, Bartz, Maxwell

Off the top of my head they form the majority of my top teams

In tems of future-proofing a DualCast for a great healer is more useful than a great but-mild-upgrade weapon yea?

In some ways, DualCast is actually better than dual wield, and its definitely better than most weapons. I'd go with that, and put it on Cecil.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Christ all you people suddenly pulling 1.5% odds lightnings and Gregs, not to mention multiple Zidanes.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

HGH posted:

My Zidane is at 90.3%, is it better if I just pull him out of the party and wait to get a Moogle?

Also as far as Sword TMs go, I'm going for Save the Queen instead of Excalibur because so far I've noticed elemental weapons have screwed us over more than they've really helped us. Is this an accurate observation?
Actually I should probably go for Sakurafubuki, although I've never pulled a Chizuru for Blade Mastery.

.3% is about equivalent to 30 battles, so it's really just how anal-retentive you are about being as efficient as possible.

Elemental swords, sort of yes, sort of no. Having no element makes them useful in any situation. But the chaining meta relies on elemental weapons, so they'll shine way more than non-elementals, if you can get that sort of thing set up with your party. Nothing's really been tough enough to require it so far, but it'll come.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Has anyone done the free tickets for switching to the Amazon version of the app? Do you have to stick with the Amazon version if you do?

Yes and no

Are there any iOS emulators? Then again, seems like it'll be a pain in the rear end to download and set up on it just for a single ticket.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Niton posted:

I'm pretty excited for the Super Bedile that is Noctis, so I made a fanarts:

Can't wait to brave the waifu gauntlet for husbando super bedile

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else having trouble with nox lately? The whole program its self has been super unresponsive starting last night for no particular reason and Exvius keeps stalling, freezing and crashing. Absolutely nothing about my computer has changed from now and the day before this happened.

Still working for me.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Burned 41 tickets:

useful:
miyuki (3rd)
zidane (2nd)
firion
chizuru 4* (2nd)

useful?:
vanille 4*
snow 4*
bartz (2nd)
bartz (3rd)
terra
exdeath (4th)
refia 4* (4th)
locke (3rd)
vaan (3rd)
vaan (4th)

bediled:
cyan 4*
cyan 4*
bedile
fran
penelo
rosa 4*
luna
kain
rydia
kuja (2nd)
freya (2nd)
fang
golbez (2nd)
golbez (3rd)

charlotted:
charlotte 4*
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

victrix posted:

I can't believe the delta between TMR'd characters and ones without. Like I have Noctis and I could share him, but why bother? I'll hit for a few thousand damage, the heavy hitters with 500-700 attack on my friends list with Lightning/Luneth/Gilg/etc will hit for several hundred thousand.

It's batshit how wide that gap is.

You should come on discord and share your thoughts with fenrir :v:

Yeah noctis would be nice. Any 5* base would be p cool for that matter. Not getting moderately shafted by this banner would've been cool too. But I'm still pretty happy with my 700 atk cheese, since I drew her after her era had ended. And I've yet to be stonewalled by trials, so I guess until then I'm good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sure, I'd like to get Noctis. Maybe I will spend on the christmas sale bundles, if there are any. But for now I'm content with trying to make the best Mercedes possible. I just need one more so I can get two of those axes eventually.

This guy gets it.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

I decided to do some pulls because hey, why not, need to run the statistical clock for a shot at the Big G 'Du anyway.

3* Cecil on half-pull (he's like my fifth, I think by now I feel comfortable fusing a couple together and rushing Excaliburs)
3* Gilbert (who)
3* Sazh (I like the character, he's probably garbo tho, right)
4* CHEEZ (okay, that's basically who I was aiming for if I wanna be honest with you lot)

Lucky. Only took me about 10x as many pulls for cheese to come out :sigh:

Which I guess is still better than the poor saps who didn't get any cheese in all their 50+ pulls

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

I currently have my 612 atk CoD up as my friend unit. Would you guys like that or the 565 Atk Noctis as my friend unit?

I also opened up 8 slots if anybody isn't already my friend. 126,115,597

answer is always noctis

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

All awesome advice, thanks a lot guys!

I feel like a big benefit to having 2x Chizuru is she can chain into herself. That adds a ton of damage, doesn't it? It's like having two edgars around who actually do damage.

I'm bringing up a 2nd chiz exactly for this reason.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

After getting my first Dual Wield and sakurarukafurbaki, I have some extra slots on my TM team to fill. Right now Locke/Mercedes/Zidane are on it. Chizuru is definitely going in too now, so I was wondering who out of these people would be the best?

- Maxwell (Power of Creation)
- Hayate (Black Cowl)
- one of my other Miyukis for another katana
- Agrias (Save the Queen)

- Maxwell (Power of Creation)

MrLonghair posted:

Got a second WoL. Worth running two 6* in the future of him, lacking Chiz, CoD, Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, etc?

What's your current team/who would he replace?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I have several groups of F2P non-TM so I just build after whatever a trial or arena week needs: Noct, WoL x2, Krile x3, Kefka x3, Arc x2, ExDeath, Cecil, Black Cat Lid, White Witch Fina, Vaan

Yeah I guess wol x2 will do until you get more 6*'s. I ran 2x cecils for a while (including maxwell fight), before benching one of them.

PaybackJack posted:

Bartz does lack CC so I can see that. I'd still look into leveling Bartz because he's pretty handy, you might find those Chizuru get wiped against bosses with strong attacks and AOEs.

Perhaps, but good chaining is integral enough that I'll run the risk. I do have dualcast refia and cecil, plus cecil 2 if needed (later wol), so not too worried.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Alpha Mayo posted:

Not sure what to do with my team. Currently Exdeath, Kefka, CoD, Refia and Cecil.
I have no 5* base units, but I do have Bartz, Chiz, Ingus, Vaan and ExDeath#2 standing by. My Kefka is pretty weak, like 320 magic. My Exdeath has like 440 magic.

I feel like I should get rid of Kefka and replace him with a full breaker. But then I am not sure if I should keep ExDeath since I've read that having a single caster is pretty useless. I could go with Chiz, Ingus, Cod, Refia, and Cecil but not sure if it is worth the switch.

cod, refia, cecil, chiz, bartz, and swap bartz out for vaan when you need full break, imo (or chiz/cod if you need mana battery.)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

kalensc posted:

Cecil/Chizuru/ExDeathx3 is going well, boxes haven't gotten a turn yet. Shouls prob rearrange my espers so Chiz can cast Barblizzara though.

Running this team too and it's p sweet.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Rain/Lasswell/Mercedes/Gaffarion/Vaan/Garland/Charlotte

these are your most useful (aka 6* capable, or will be) characters. i'd say run rain, mercedes, vaan, garland, and rydia (she's only 5* capable, but you need a mage for some things, and rydia's summon lb will be handy for lapis missions.) maybe also boot rain for maria, as you might need a healer and she'll serve for starting out.

once rain gets 6*, kick out vaan and bring lasswell up. eventually kick out rydia too (and maria if you use her) when you get better units.

ignore fp units (2* and 1*'s, some 3*'s). they're useful only for tm's, and only some.

i'd tell you to reroll, but i hate rerolling, so it's up to you.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
sorry yeah krile would be a better healer/mage and can do both. you'll still want to bring up rydia anyways, for the lapis missions, and neither are going to be part of any team longterm.

Do ditch maria though.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
2:30 am. Half an hour before the noctis banner closes. I get out of bed, turn on my computer, load up nox, and toss a single ticket in.

I then proceed to dilute my victory with 4 more pulls, granting me 2 redundant charlottes, my 4th miyuki and a smushable luna.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
This actually isn't the first time a celebrity's gotten shoehorned into a FF game. Remember how Genesis, aka Gackt got retconned into FF7?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

Unless you have multiple Lockes that you plan on TMRing, no. Her weapon pool is so limiting that it's difficult even gearing up one CoD.

Alternately, if you have sunbeams and/or DW's, could always gear a bunch of CoD's for magic and have a really convenient arena team. Having to constantly select exdeath's dualcast + double -ga's gets old really fast.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

odinson posted:

Thanks Mile'ionaha!

Does the OP's advice of roll till any 5* star with a top rating still apply or should I look for anyone specifically? Maybe a 4* with a great TM or a sleeper card? Still brand new to this
You specifically want a five star base because this is the only opportunity you have to ensure that you get one, and just about all of them are guaranteed to be useful someday. There are four star base units that are definitely also important to get, but you're much more likely to get them than you are any five star base characters

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I've got four Sazh, how many 20 sided die should I get?

chiz, noct and lightning can stack the evade with their own. Crit boost's also apparently better than atk+ at some really high base atk, but I forget where I saw the math for it (somewhere on reddit)

Dies don't stack with other dies though fyi.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
I like music.

EXCEPT WHEN I DON'T.

*drops mic*

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I'm working on making the ultimate Noctis, and I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but would he better served with Hero rings (given that his flasks are hybrid) or should I be grinding out Bracers for him?

since hybrid uses half of both stats, flask would get +10% from a hero ring, and +15% from a bracer.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Counterpart to the $ talk: gumi is very much an rear end in a top hat company with black marks all over their history, up to and including their management of this game (grindy events, overpriced bundles, low rare unit pull rates, frequently mismanaged maintenance, not fixing bugs and crashes that cost the player time-limited resources, the list goes on and on,) and preys on people with gambling/collectors/min-max'ing addictions, and or poor self/impulse control. There are stories of people spending hundreds to thousands of dollars, sometimes depleting their life savings in pursuit of rare characters. Often without anything to show for it.

I'd be extremely wary of giving them any money.

Aside from that though, it's a fun game.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Well I'm stumped.

Gotta fast track that sweet Holy Blade to use against D Fina's light weakness.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Rigel posted:

So.... I had 7,000 lapis lying around. It wasn't all free, I bought some during christmas but free lapis piled on top of it, and tonight I figured I'd do an 11-summon again. Nothing will come of it, we just saw some fool today waste hundreds of dollars chasing after this stupi... rainbow?

No.... oh gently caress me, I don't even need her, I have good mages. Please don't be dark Fina, there's lots of other poo poo this rainbow crystal could be, even disappointing crap. lol, yep there she is, God dammit, now what? I don't even know what her TM is, all I know is that she's not much different from exdeath.

edit: the rest of that 11 summons was a kefka and some garbage.

edit2: ok. her TM doesn't look great, so probably not a game changer.

My team after one round with Dark Fina:

Trust me, she's much more than "just a better exdeath".

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The damage limit per spell/attack is 999. A dualcast or dual wielded attack can do 999 twice. Chains can exceed the 999 limit too.

That said, the computer AI never uses dualcast, but will use dual wield since that is automatic anyway.

Now looking at his screenshot, it seems that his team took on the typical amount of damage that the AI would dish out in an opening round with that team. Be glad that flasks are neutered this week...

Actually, all that damage is from D Fina. JUST D Fina.

I went first and took down all 4 nocti and brought Fina to red. She proceeded to trigger retaliate twice, holy once on chiz, stonga'ed on her turn, then ultima'ed on the 2nd turn.

Captaindirtnap posted:

Wow. I don't have the time, lapis or patience to do arena beyond the 90k line, but is it even possible to survive going second against that kind of team?

Sure. Pray enough of them waste their turn with useless actions. It's not too uncommon, but still basically a coin flip.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 9, 2017

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Hey, anyone who's got me on their friend list, I've stopped playing, so feel free to de-friend me. (Ingame name is ShaTowSA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Aww sad to hear that. I just want to say thanks for all the advice and such that you gave me when I first started out, it really helped me get a handle on who to run and all that fun stuff. What made you give it up?

Just a culmination of everything bad and manipulative about this game causing it to become more stressful than enjoyable to play now. There's a lot of things I really like about the game, but gods know I have nothing but the most vitriol disdain for the game's developers and their practices (and it doesn't even have anything to do with pull luck or money, cause I've definitely had a really easy time as a f2p than many less fortunate dolphin goons.)

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 19, 2017

• Locked thread