Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Shoenin posted:

Jesus christ the biggest opponent to Evoke Maxwell isnt herself

Its the RNG. I dont think Ive ever had a more rigged experience than I just had.

Reminder for any still trying to get Maxwell: make sure you can win the fight, then start save scamming every turn by force closing the game before the end of either your or her turn. This can be done to change what attacks/who she attacks and how many limit crystals/esper orbs received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

kalensc posted:

Defeated Maxwell for the Moogle and got the reward for using an LB killing blow, but I'm having trouble surviving until Diabolos can be summoned. It's just Meteor that's killing me, it quad-shots Charlotte who's wearing all the SPR and HP gear she can muster pretty much, and she's dead regardless of her prior action (Defend, Mirage, etc), and then it gets really tough to handle the damage while I accrue more esper gauge.

Any advice? I read through this thread and a lot of reddit stuff, so I know how to avoid the Rune and other big attacks, and I know the threshold % for triggering Meteor and other attacks, but how do I survive it?

Sand bag as hard as you can, preferably with refia and a couple tanks. Save scum turns by force closing the game if you don't get at least 2 orbs a turn.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Chen Kenichi posted:

Should I be grinding the bridge for Excalipoors? Someone put it out there that there may be an exchange program in the future so I am now paranoid.

Also wondering about this, though it seems like that would be a super lovely thing of them to do.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anyone else having issues with the arena crashing the game? Can't even get in to it, just crashes right off.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
One upside of this awful event is that I finally set up a macro for TM. I also just pulled a Cecil to get in on that excaliber action, no dual wield unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I have had two rainbows in my time, got Demon Rain and than pulled a 5 that was one of the red mage base 3s, not even a useful TM one

• Locked thread