Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fohlen is pretty drat strong but right now he's hampered by poo poo gearing options. Also wind is sort of a bad element since not a whole lot of things work with it right now.

Japan is getting new characters. Season 2 Finna "White Lotus". Strong healing, strong mp recovery that has built in refresh, her TM is a hat with ribbon built into it. Also some weird hybrid damage 6 legged cat thing that can equip swords and rods. And a ninja dog because why the gently caress not!?

e-red mage cat has a TM that boosts attack when equipped with a sword and magic when equipped with a robe. Our global units grow even stronger

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shiiiiiiiiiiit I barely have awakening mats and I have Tilith and WoL ready to 6*. Also I'm one bloom away from getting minfilia to 6* and losing the rest of my stocked up mats.

Still dont understand why they waited so much for WoL. Its not like WoL was THAT much better than the rest of the 6* tanks, but the games meta necessitate that he be the tank you used because AoE damage and the need to have a breaker in your team.

e-Rikku's enhancements are eeeh. Mostly quality of life but the extra hits on her water attack makes Tidus chaining even stronger. Mix makes it so she can null all twice in one mix before having to prepare again. Extra MP doesn't mean much when she doesn't have an innate built in refresh.

Setzer's are also kinda eh. Extra damage on redcard doesn't mean much, you are using it to chain for stronger attacks but he might be able to pull his own weight at least. The doubledice change though has the potential to royally gently caress up some earlier trial's and challenges. The ultimate gamble, cheese the trial or fail trying.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Completely fumbled the gatherings moogle and ticket rewards when I underestimated my T.Terras chaos wave chains and chunked the boss before I could summon. Then I missclick Eileens limit when orlandu was doing DR and instead piledrived making me fumble the limit break one. Feels bad

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KDdidit posted:

So I hear the Shark at the end of the gathering is a step up, like how much? If I chain 2 TGC DR's and drop Olive's LB during the chain will that be enough?

Super overkill. Like seriously, sure its a step up and you could be blindsided but its still a very easy story event. My T.Terras easily destroyed everything in it without actually trying and double TGC chains are way way stronger.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This time I made sure not to gently caress up. Everything from the gathering claimed except for one white purecryst because I was an idiot and gently caress redoing that for something I'll never use because Tilith will never get enhancements.

Ive got one DW completed and one at 80%. This moogle will get it to 90%. Ive got 3 other zidanes. I could smoosh two of them and get another DW. I seriously dont think I need a 4th DW given that tilith has no arms and WoL cant dualwield shields (He can since I have him with a winged guardian on)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo the cat spell blade 5* is basically freyja on steroids. You ain't giving cats tm to Frey you are giving Frey sword to cat

Gumi looking at tilith- "How can we make something stronger than her so that people whale on another healer? Tiliths kit is fantastic, but she's not very flexible, she can only do one thing a turn. She has to pick if she wants to revive, cure status, raw full heal or mp restore. Lets make someone that can push out incredible scaling heals, while having the flexibility to revive someone or cure the party of status effects, also lets make her immune to all control impeding status effects.

Gumi looking at Ayaka- "poo poo, we made her way too good. What do we do to make a healer stronger than her so that people whale on second season characters? Ayaka is already perfect as a healer, how can we make something even better? Well have her be as good as Ayaka healing but also have her do completely insane damage!" And so Maiden of the White Lotus Fina is born.

Healer power creep effectively stalled out for like a year when Gumi came out with Tilith 6*. Then Ayaka came out and it really loving ramped up and now went unnecessarily hard with WL Fina. No point in whaling for Ayaka now that I know WL Fina is just way better than her in everything but not getting hit (no built in camouflage but she counters with heals and damage)

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 12, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chaitai posted:

Is there some sort of chain calculator or something? How do you know when to activate certain people to get the biggest chain? I just properly started the game (after rerolling more than I care to admit) and my party is now this: 5* Orlandeau, 5* Y'shtolla, 4* Minfillia, 4* Amelia, and 4* Sozhe.

You just need to practice with your team. I know how to chain off double terras with all the top tier friends. With orlandu friends I press DR first then about a half a second later I press both in rapid succession that usually gets 32 hit combo. With Olive friends I wait for her to pull down her trigger before I press both terras, that usually means the olive hits around combo 18-19. No eileen friends (yet, come her enhancements I'm assuming whales will switch to her) but with my own elieen hit both terras and then eileen about a second later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I pulled a Tilith the very last day of the previous banner from the daily. Not gonna bother pulling this banner .

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Am I missing something or does the king mog rewards look bad?

This is an old rear end event that alim stalled for quite a long time so the rewards are comparatively horrible to see of the global exclusive ones

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only plus side to the recent healer power creep is that Tilith is now ripe for enhancements when there was no reasonable excuse to give her any since she was still easily top dog at what she does. Like I've said, in terms of throughput you cannot outdo partywide full heals and rezzes, but part of her kit is woefully obsolete

They dont need to be massively strong buffs, quality of life buffs like making her miracle heal all status effects and increasing the duration of her buffs would be great. Boosting her health with one of her passives would bring her to parity to the recent healers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tilith doesn't really need spr outside of magic defense (Which an AOE tank like WoL would deal with most of that damage) and her high camouflage means she's less likely to be targeted by haymakers even if you tank decides to not do his job (or you mistimed provoke)

Most of your itemization will be stacking as much MP as possible to get her to the point that her auto refresh pays for 95% of her abilities outside of mana battery time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I didn't see anything in the announcements, but is the Maxwell trial coming back? It's cool that she's finally getting her 6*, but at the time there was no way in hell I could complete that damned thing so I completely missed out.

It'll be back probably for the second half of the banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

that moment when you realize you have a problem

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Of course Tilith needs 20 of the mat I only have 19 of. Thanks game

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ratmtattat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6hgmjx/ffbe_e3_producers_announcement_recap_615/

Some stuff coming up for the anniversary including a guaranteed 5* summon from a 10+1 pull. One time only. Starts on 6/29.

:flashfap:

Here comes my second Delita

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

actually i take it back i would definitely rather pull delita than lightning

Agreed. Outside of lightning cheeze builds she really isnt a good unit at all. A moonsword is very useful if you get to pull Dark Veritas and dont have a DRK Cecil. Also you could POTENTIALLY make a useful support Delita if you can stack enough SPR and get 9Ss TM.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spent 5 tix just because the metal gods shine brightly and I wanted at least another banner unit to gain more rewards to farm giantcrysts. 4 absolute trash and then I see a rainbow, dread in my thoughts as I anticipate another delita. Its Vargas! Dont really have room in my party for him unless I sack a T.Terra, which I might. God, I hope I didnt burn my 5* luck that would have gone to Tidus instead

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 16, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

WoL is a mixed bag. The first skill, the one I bolded; Brave Presence is just obviously great. It's not super expensive and even not spending the T5 and only spending 1 T4 increases the timer to 2 turns which is still very worth doing. WoL's best ability is being able to 100% provoke, this means that you can toss some turns inbetween guarding so he'll take even less damage, or gives you a turn to alternate breaking without losing 100% provoke. His second skill is super expensive, and while it increases the cover rate to 75%, you can't control who he covers which is why I'm never sold on cover skills. One good thing is that with the MAG reduction this is for those times when he needs to jump in the way of an AOE, and it's going to be really effective. The cost though, 3 T5 guard crysts is just too high.

The light is with us in conjunction with his passives are what makes WoL so incredibly meta defining even as newer tanks get released.

When WoL 6* came out in Japan he was the first tank with 100% provoke. He was the first character with AOE breaks. And more importantly he was the first character with AOE blocks. TLiWU activates his AOE guard, and it's essential for later content. For ten man's you NEED and AOE magic blocker and your choices are WoL and Mistair

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ubiquitus posted:

So is there one more ff14 event down the line? Should I save my ff14 tm units I don't want?

We haven't gotten the Garuda raid yet on global.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gonna stop even doing dailies for these banners. They suck.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Devs lied my team died

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Brave Exvius: Hot Fina on Fina Action

You know, seeing that CG cutscene made me realize that Fina is using a very white mage inspired outfit and that dark fina, although not using something blackmagey, is still a black mage. Then Maiden of the White Lotus Fina is a merger of both and is using a red mage like outfit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i havent had any metal gods in 2 days when they use to pop up like every two pros

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody has created an official pain and anguish simulator. Click here to simulate the upcoming 11 pull with guaranteed 5* unit...

Now only click it once just like for real!

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/1st_Anniversary_Celebration

Seabreeze dark fina and a bunch of kains a fran and TWO hopes. This is it, I can feel it coming IRL

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh god Fina has had a lily on her hair all this time. This lesbian selfcest was planned from the start :stonk:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL gotta spend $200 for a guaranteed 5* through the lapis exchange rewards. Why isnt this poo poo retroactive?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm really starting to feel like they nerfed the Metal God rates since everyone now has access to a 100% bonus unit. I used to see at least 3 groups of 3 a day when emptying out my NRG, now I've gotten a single Metal God appear twice since I got Maxwell yesterday. I just want to see how disgusting a 300% bonus rate looks when 3 appear, dammit. :smith:

Ive been saying this for a few days now. On the first two days I had enough currency to buy 3 giancrysts, a bunch of mats and all tickets. Now I'm struggling to get 1 or 2 metal gods fights a day

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The man called M posted:

Just wondering since there is no announcement, how is everyone so certain that the FFX banner is next?

They mentioned it in a live stream.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Echophonic posted:

So between a pull and an EX ticket, I now have Swimsuit Dark Fina and another Fohlen. I feel like there's a way to take advantage of these facts. If one Fohlen is hosed up, two is probably more hosed up. I guess I'd just replace Reberta with a second Fohlen?

What's the deal with Ultima chaining? Just spin up some mages with it and go to town? Because now I have Dark Fina, Trance Terra, a Terra with <5% left of her TM, an extra Trance Terra, and Alma if I really want to do it.

Edit: Forget Alma, I have an Emperor kicking around for when I get that TM Ultima. A 5 person dual-cast Ultima team does sound kinda fun, even if it probably isn't as good as an element chaining team.

Ultima only chains if you have their upgrades and T.Terras and Swimsuit D.Fina are a longs way off. And if you are planning on doing magical chain set up the two T.Terras will be better with chaos wave rather than ultima. She's the strongest magic chainer post enhancements right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

suuma posted:

The new Maze level lets you re-try the floor you failed. With 3 doors you then still have the chance of one of them ending your run, but it's not 66% chance to fail immediately anymore.

I THINK the old maze was 66% chance of picking the right now, since two were correct right? This one is straight up 1 door is right, which even given the extra chances, means that you get hosed even worse than before.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japan is getting another FFXII event- Basch and Garbanth are the whale 5*s.

Basch is a hybrid tank thats capable of switching stances to deal with either physical or magic AoEs and he can also break. %s mitigations are going to determine if he's going to dethrone WoL and Mistair in their roles. Garbanth is a hybrid attack and taunter that gains more damage the higher he stacks defense.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Ok, I want to understand the hub-bub of 6* Warrior of Light. Everyone has been gushing about him for months to get 6*, and I legitimately don't know what makes him great. I get he has Full Break.

Does he replace current tanks I have like Cecil or Snow? Or is his utility something completely different?

What will he potentially "break" for me in the future?

First, his attack/mag break are "good enough" to do high end content with (normal fullbreak just isnt enough anymore), so you dont burn a slot just for a breaker if you dont happen to have someone like Orlandu in your party. Second, he is a provoke tank thats beefy, not as beefy as Wilhelm but again, beefy enough to deal with content. Third, AOE physical cover, which allows him to soak the entire damage your party would otherwise take.

He was already the top tank before enhancements, but enhancements just made stronger. His provoke lasts three turns allowing him to concentrate on guarding and breaking if he needs to. His survivability got big upgrades to do Hope increasing all his defenses and resistances immensely at lower health and his cover is almost guaranteed to trigger and soaking the rest of the physical damage given how its usually several smaller hits instead of a larger one. (once triggered he'll soak the rest of the damage)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My preferred pull would be another Eileen, followed by an Orlandue and maybe an Olive. Noctis, without his JP modifiers, would be pretty low on my desired lists, def not lightning/queen/delita tier but not even above Marie or Gilgamesh. Just very hard to find a fit on him on a team if he cant act as finisher.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I guess even if I have Wilhelm, there will be enough situations where WoL shines in for me to want to awaken him?

Most definitely. You ARE going to need AoE tanks for later content and he's the best physical AoE tank in the game. In cases where you need magic aoe tanking you are going to need Mistair. If you happen to have a boss that just hits like a truck with single target physical attacks then Wilhelm is going to shine.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

He'll be squeezed out even as early as tomorrow IMO. Tilith covers your MP, WoL covers your Breaks, and Rikku covers your Raise/Re-raise. The only thing missing out of the Holy Trinity is 100% provoke (which WoL will eventually get).

WoLs provoke is 100%, its just 1 turn.

• Locked thread