Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh snap you can look at mission objectives while you're doing them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Someone over on Reddit made a working TM-with-lapis-refill macro for Nox: http://pastebin.com/M4rLadU9

The Japanese version didn't quite hit the refill lapis button. The only issue I've had with this one is I woke up with my party in one of the XP vortex missions. Thankfully nothing really happened other than losing some farm time. Hopefully there will be a more bulletproof version up soon, but for now this has been working fine other than the one hiccup.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, some of the buttons got moved to different spots. Depending on your emulator of choice there appears to be at least band-aid fixes on reddit.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to do an 11 pull and it blessed me with 3 Shines and a Chiz. I think I'm done pulling for awhile. I have so many TMs to farm now.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're the first person to break 1k atk on my friends list. Figured the couple ~900 atk Noctis whale friends I had would've done it by now but I suspect at least one of them is grinding up 3-4 Shine TMs to make their Noctis a complete monster instead.

I'm not sure Noctis can crack 1k yet. Best I could come up with was around 940 but I may have gotten some of his BiS gear wrong.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
One of these days I'm gonna level up the 4 Edgars I have and try to do some silly chains.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I somehow have 0 Shantottos.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to throw one more 11 pull for an Olive and got Greg instead. What's the best setup for him?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Funktor posted:

Could use some help thinking about teambuilding. I have no TMs. My current teams are Bartz - CoD - Refia - Exdeath - Cecil/Rain (depending on need). Magic team is Cecil - Exdeath - Exdeath - Arc - Ariana. No base 5-stars. Then, in the last week and a half, I lucked out and got Emperor and Olive. I've also got access to most of the recent base 4-stars - Mercedes, Leon, Shine, etc etc. How should I remake my teams?

If you could get the TMs from Olive, Bartz, and Shine and throw them on Olive that would be a good start. If you're not going to do TMs your best bet would probably be to build around Emperor and the 2 Exdeaths. IMO mages tend to be better than physical DPS if you don't have TMs.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 3, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cleared out about 15 spots. If you can include something about SA on your profile it will help immensely.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ubiquitus posted:

Hey guys, I'm a new player that just started last week. So far my team is Olive, Butz, Terra, Kefka, and Duane. None of my team is enhanced so far, all of my characters are 3* apart from Olive.

As far as farming goes, should I focus on cactuars till I get max level, or phantom things, and if I get enough phantom things what should I focus on purchasing? I only have a few good swords, so the good sword seems good value, but I'm unsure as to the rest. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Also which TM should I focus on with moogles?

Focus on Olives TM first and then Bartz for Olive.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I cleared out a bunch of old requests. Send them again. I just checked and have 13 spots. Once I finish Greg and another Shine in the next few days and get Odin maxed I'll be at around 920 atk.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PaybackJack posted:

I think at this point I might go all in on pulling a Noctis off that banner. Orlandu is good and cool...really cool. But Noctis has such great utility and good damage. He's got breaks, status effects, top tier damage, a revive, an MP regen, a jump, party buffs, elemental coverage, and probably something else I'm forgetting that's good. Everytime I use him I'm just shocked by how good he is.

Taunt and mirage!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

The man called M posted:

For curiosity's sake, what's the difference between JP Noctis and Global Noctis?

Just copy/pasted from the ffbe forums:

Noctis TM
GL

3 MAG 3 SPR, +30% ATK/MAG, Accessory

Enables Skills:

Alterna - 99 MP (Spell)
510% MAG AoE + 25% SPR Ignore

Death - 30 MP
ST 30% Chance to Instant Death
ST 80% Mod/30% HP Drain

Holy - Passive
25% Chance Dodge Physical Attack
25% Chance to Counter with Holy:
120% Magic Light ST + 40 Self MP Recovery

JP
The same ring but with additional 30% ATK/MAG.
And Alterna cost 80 MP instead of 90 MP.

Noctis LB
GL
Base: Physical damage (8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (50%) for 2 turns to all allies
Max: Physical damage (11.6x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (74%) for 2 turns to all allies

JP
Base: Physical damage (10x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (80%) for 2 turns to all allies
30% Damage reduction to Noctis
THEN ENABLE

5.25x % modifier ignore 50 DEF AND -45% ATK/DEF break to target in 3 turns.

Max: Physical damage (14.8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (124%) for 2 turns to all allies
THEN ENABLE

5.25x % modifier ignore 50 DEF AND -45% ATK/DEF break to target in 3 turns.

Yes, his LB is super OP even rivaling Onion Knight I must say.

For his JP ability table, all passives are about 1.5x stronger than GL side.
He also gain a combo system that enable his strongest ability Zero Distance Break, 10.5x modifier with build in Break. This makes him literally the strongest Chain finisher in JP atm. Yes, he surpassed Firion by a mile already in this department.
Auto refresh, not so shabby, but it's super amazing. MP recovery is always desirable.
Fun note, he has 2 Counters, one for Physical Attacks and one that heal him. In GL, he has only the one that heals.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'd juice up Noctis first. He can carry a whole team on his back and makes it easy to complete trials and special events which snowballs into getting your other guys beefed up.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Ooh good point I didn't consider the exponential returns aspect of it. I guess the next question is whether to go for Excalibur or shines 30% Atk tm. In any event thanks for the advice!

You probably want to double check in the unit calculator but my gut feeling is Excalibur is probably the bigger upgrade.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
My current plan is:
Rain-Rune DW Excal and either Air Knife or Survival Edge
Noctis with Trident and Kazekiri
Snow probably DW Kaiser knuckle and Golem staff
Ling with whatever will get her HP up to acceptable levels
DC Refia

I'm gonna try and get all the quests done in one go. I should have enough mp battery with Ling and Noctis that it shouldn't be an issue. Only thing I'm iffy about is using Snow over Cecil, but I need him to cover for Noctis when Noctis can't attack.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think Trident is the only other water weapon option. You can also craft water blade for sometime to use.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I fuse all the one that have max trusts. It's not nearly as good as cactaurs but it's an easy way to bang out a few levels and if you TM macro farm with any regularity you'll have plenty of gil to use. That's just me though and I've always got units lined up for leveling.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Cracked 900 atk on Noctis. Barring pulling a Ramza I think I'm done with his TMs for now at least.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Gilg down 2nd try. I had swapped in Snow for Cecil to expand my elemental coverage but ended up swapping back for try 2. The extra healing coverage helped way more. Fights pretty manageable as long as you don't get caught slipping on the hp thresholds and you cover the important elements. Got all quests except for 5 party members because I have like 9 more Shines that I haven't tm'ed up yet. Is the ability materia any good?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'd say the only required TM is DC and maybe a DW, but I feel like it's absolutely doable with a F2P group.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Thinking about how you could run Gilgamesh without a bunch of TMs/TM gear. If you have the units for it I'd probably roll with Rain wielding a rune blade for holy/earth/fire and then Bartz with a trident for water/air. Cecil would tank, and then I'd probably use 2 healers, optimally Refia and Luka. Companion would be a Noctis for cover and dps. Load them all up with as many hp%+ and muscle belts as you can muster. It'd take awhile but I feel like it would be a pretty safe run.

Edit: I'd probably use Ling in place of a second healer unless you couldn't keep up with the damage.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 9, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I pulled enough Sheras trying to pull Olive that I was able to fully fuse one TMR and I think I still have 2 or 3 more.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bored at work.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp, pulled Ramza just now on my daily pull. So long black belt gi.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I equipped Ifrit and a jeweled ring. Put something goony in your greeting and I'll clear out my friend's list as needed.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh hey forgot about Shera's TM with the fire resist. Now I'm not so bothered by pulling like 25 of him.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
According to Reddit if you don't use Embolden/Cheer he won't cast Radiant Plume. Gonna test this next orb refresh since that's what I generally cast first round.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm pretty sure this is not the case for me...

Yeah it didn't work. I need to finish equip shield for Refia first probably.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can't get ELT down. The damage just seems to come in big chunks randomly and I can't find that right rythym. I guess I'll just keep 1-round smashing pro.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Dockworker posted:

Do materia stack like this? The wiki seems to suggest otherwise, but I'm too new to have two of the same +% materia to test this myself.

Yeah, unless it specifically states otherwise like Dark Fina's or Leon's.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So when should we expect Agrias and WoL 6 star? I'd be content with Orlandu-lite to chain with the real deal.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Kis that why orlandu is so exciting? Because he's 6* with a full break?

Nah, he's stupid strong. His main damage move puts a -50% holy debuff on the target and hits for a ton of holy damage. If you have 2 or an Agrias, who also has the same move, they can chain for millions of damage.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
As good as Greg is, I bench him like 90% of the time for Firion. All his killer passives make him pretty drat strong and he has a (I think) better toolkit. Genji glove is still amazing though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Probably not. Heals don't really scale all that well with SPR and mp usually matters less than HP.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm gonna stick to daily pulls and the few tickets I have (until the last day of the banner and my self-control expires).

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

On a reroll are you rebooting your phone or literally wiping it each and every time?

If your account is already linked to Facebook you just log out and the game will start over from the beginning. You run through the tutorial and then use the starting lapis and summon tickets. If it's not a good roll log back in with Facebook to reload your old account and then log back out to start over. Once you get a good roll make a dummy Facebook account to link it to so it'll be saved. It takes ~5 minutes to do each time. I haven't tried using an emulator with a macro yet so I can't say how it compares speedwise. It's hella mind numbing though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think I posted this before but keep in mind that Agrias 6* is basically Orlandu-lite. With enhancements she actually rates pretty high on JP. I have one, hoping to pull another (assuming no Orlandu) to chain with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
https://youtu.be/fQ8_fMMn1p4

I was trying to find a decent video to give people an idea of what Orlandu chains look like.

• Locked thread