Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wish BE had that visit feature some gacha games have, so that I could purge pubbies more effectively. I can never tell which idiots have good units but don't know about the fixed leader feature and which ones just have bad units and deserve to be deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Game, stop being mean and gimme some Metal Gods now that I can get +200% karma.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait, isn't Gilgamesh supposed to come considerably later because he's a stupid pain in the rear end?

Anyway, now I get to decide between making Exdeath or Refia next. Probably Exdeath. Ugh, there's so much poo poo to level and no time at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress's a Mercedes, by the way? That's a BE character that gets slotted into the FFV banner?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't remember how I cheesed the stupid Crystals last Fiesta but I don't think it was draw attacks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ah, gotcha. That's more ENDURE tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

McSpankWich posted:

The prize is the realization of your crippling autism.

ugh, repeat pulls suck

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AegisP posted:

You mean the 10 million hp robot, with 4 million hp arms, where if you kill the Right Arm twice it explodes and wipes you, but if you don't kill the Right Arm it heals the main Body in 500k hp increments. Oh and the Left Arm single targets your highest ATK character with a 1000% physical hit repeatedly throughout the fight.

Good times, good times.

That sounds...like a thing.

Does it also make whaling noises when it beats you while popups for 100k Lapis packages try and interfere with your menuing?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SquirrelGrip posted:

sacred crystals

what the poo poo, where and how

I know, Vortex Pro, and pray.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mrmanuke posted:

I thought Int was supposed to have the best sacred crystal/NRG rate.

As far as I know no one actually knows which one is best, but Pro seems to have a better yield lately.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna grab that Butz. Probably just gonna end up with that rear end Bedile.

To be honest no one in this banner really appeals to me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress off, stupid game, I run 200% karma gain all the time and the one time I need to pick a lesser boost you give me metal gods. You're garbage and I hate you and I'm glad this event will be over and I'll bitch about Gilgamesh instead.

edit: on the flip side my Cecil has 6.2k health now and auto-boosts below 50% HP.

Dias fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 23, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, a key, a ticket and a Quartz for 350 Lapis!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh poo poo now krile. Should I replace either Arc or Refia?

Nah. Krile is a decent flex unit at 5*, but Arc and Refia are way better at their specific roles. If you wanna go in a more mage-centric route you could do Krile instead of Kain, but eh, you got Embolden in Refia.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I forgot TENT, used a bunch of Elixirs and Ethers but whatever, one and done. Now I can do other productive poo poo like TM farming.

edit: also despite my daily being stupid 4* Edgar, I decided to do a ticket pull and got Butz - which is pretty much what I kinda wanted from this banner anyway.

Dias fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 25, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nuebot posted:

I got a 4* Agrias. What's she do that's good? I remember people were saying she's goodish.

Full Break and actual decent damage output.

Edit: hey, can any of you guys hook me up with the new tmr farming macro? The one I found on Reddit doesn't really work if you're not trying to burn Lapis, as optimized as it is.

Dias fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 25, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shmtur posted:

So, uh, I had some lapis saved and wanted to take my chances at a Gilgamesh and, thus, dual wield. I have a Luneth and a Lightning, I've been lucky as hell already, but why not shoot for the moon! Did an eleven pull. It sucked. Did another eleven pull. Garbage. Out of lapis. Angrily looked at the store, noticed the $50 lapis purchase includes more than usual for right now, so gently caress it. Did an eleven pull.

:monocle: Four (FOUR!) rainbow crystals. I am now the proud owner of another Luneth, Ramza (did not have him!), Faris (ehhh), and Gilgamesh! :monocle: I should have screenshotted it, but I am a moron who doesn't know how to take one!

did you steal fenrir's magical pull talisman

can i have it for a second

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I found the No Lapis macro, it wasn't on the original thread. Back to the grind, 70% Dualcast on its way.

Mrit SA posted:

I'm finding that you need 2 Curaja casters and 1 Cura caster for the new trials/bosses. I use Cecil/Refia/Agrias for healing/tanking/full break and slot in other dps when needed. I used Bartz(mana battery and Barrage) and CoD(amazing human damage).

I think double tank/support and full-time healer is the setup we're gonna need to aim for unless we're whales. Something like WoL/Cecil/Refia or Tilith is gonna be really good, then the other two slots can be DPS, and your friend is DPS too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5f2cvt/the_big_bridge_for_fun_and_exp/

Might be worth it if you're trying to pump up some units. The main issue is running out of MP on fights but maybe you can even full Auto it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, just go max your team, maybe run Bridge ADV with a buff-rear end 6* friend, get everyone somewhat up to speed and you'll just smash him. Your team should be able to easily do it, just not if it's underleveled.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got a 4* Cecil.

He's my fourth.

Oh well, this just means I get to boost my Excalibur acquisition rate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno what was up with DS remakes and making the games a lot more difficult than they used to be, because FF4DS (while still being pretty good) can also get pretty nasty.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Arena is yet another thing that makes me go "meh" and feel bad that I'm not doing the optimized thing. It takes so long comparatively tho! And it's boring!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...so, this is when gumi starts turning the "mobage BS" dial to 11, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just gonna go and finish up the Colosseum then.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
On the bright side, the event does drop some useful poo poo like Megacites and Sacred Crystals.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Go RV! posted:

Don't forget that "Collect 200 event currency" is a daily.

So seriously, gently caress you, Gumi.

At least that matches up with the Vortex quest, it's 2 or 3 runs if you get unlucky.

Also this is the easiest event we've had in a while, I'd say since FFT. It's garbage, but if you're new you can probably grab a strong friend (one of those buff Exdeaths would be ideal) and mage chain your way thru ELT.

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 2, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I sitll think you guys are complaining about the wrong thing here because the way I see it it's 5 free Lapis. Most of the time you have a vortex quest to do anyway and even if you only bother with materials you're gonna be clearing the quest every day. :shrug:

I'm just hoping for a week 2 Lightning bonus on the banner, because then I can both make these runs way easier and get some extra rewards too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...it's like 30 NRG.

Oh well, event is poo poo anyways. There ain't even good rewards this time around, a bunch of craftable passives, character-exclusive poo poo, some mediocre equipment and that's about it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

Otherwise known as doing a Fenrir.

That would be pulling no 3* but getting Gilgamesh and Lightning.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
2.2% to Dualcast #1! Which will promptly get stuck on either Cecil or Refia!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got my first Dualcast so that's cool????

I'm doing event runs to grab Gigantuars for Refia right now, but it's a terrible event that's also pretty easy, so there ain't much to complain about or be excited about.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lightning and some other chumps on next banner, Lightning gets rate ups for gears.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm gonna have two dual casts one day and it's gonna be the bestest and my team will never die, yay! Now gimme a Zidane so I can set CoD up or some poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Daily pull:

Yellow crystal to rainbow crystal!

could this be the fabled...pink hair waifu?????

no.

But it's Delita! Yaaaaaaay!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This last rainbow kinda put a damper on me thinking about CHASING THE LIGHTNING, but is there really a better opportunity to burn tickets coming up? Orlandu is tempting but he only gets real good if you get him DW, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaybackJack posted:

MY 1/2 off...wait what's the noise? (Without Me starts playing)

Guess who's back?

...back again...

BEDILE's back...

tell a friend...

Gumi created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Bedile no more, they want Shadow

wait that's not how it goes is it

1/2 pull was a Tellah. Meh. Can't complain after getting Delita yesterday.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just surprised I pulled two rainbows and neither of them were fake rainbows.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Noctis looks like an amazing support unit. 100% chance to tank hits with a 20% chance of negating all physical damage (and then 30% of countering and healing himself); a Regen-like ability (but better) that also refreshes MP; a Full Raise; a Jump that restores HP and MP; an attack buff and debuffs to every stat except MAG; AND he gets an attack with Stop.

His main weakness is that his elemental abilities seem to be hybrid damage (although his equip passives let him build himself for that sort of poo poo), but his toolset is STUPID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Palleon posted:

Over/under: 10% chance maintenance ends at originally scheduled time.

Take the over easy. The question here is over/under 2h of delay.

• Locked thread