Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It doesn't say the cost, but the FF Portal App's article on the BE anniversary says that the anniversary bundle will have 10k lapis, a 5* moogle, and "other rewards". We are also apparently getting a King Moogle Raid Event, which I'm not sure had been reported before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

arisu posted:

Majorly important. You will absolutely kick yourself if you don't take advantage of rerolling now in the future, unless you have the luck of the gods and pull 1% rainbows left and right.

Though, maybe just play around not seriously for now, because I think next week we'll get a free 11+1 pull, and rerolling during that time will be a lot easier.

Look up how to get a macro to automate the rerolling process for you, it'll make it a lot less painful.

I didn't reroll at all, but I've been pretty lucky, getting Noctis during the players choice banner and Aileen from a random daily pull off-banner.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Well, it was extremely annoying but got the limit kill and diablos summon on the easy trial.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I love how we have gotten "metal god odds must have been changed!" By people every other day or so because people who have had uncommonly good luck with them have slightly less luck. I have only seen 2 groups of three ever in this event, a couple days going with not getting any.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
To this point I don't think I've passed a single expedition that didn't have at least 90% chance of success, and I've even failed most 90% ones. Beginning to think the numbers may be off on those...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

I mistakenly wandered into a reddit thread about this looking for the last exploration map and apparently people are failing them at 100%. So either that's a bug or there is a background calculation that might cause you to fail regardless of your percentage.

Also someone posted this, which was too good not to steal. Thread title "what Expeditions were missing".

I miss the fft expedition reports.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And I failed yet another 80%, continuing my streak of failing every single expedition not at 100%.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hamsystem posted:

I'm really hoping for Wilhelm, Marie, or a second Fryevia. I wouldn't be mad at an Orlandeau since I have a full set of gear and TMs I can just transplant from Noctis. I'll probably end up getting Rem or something since I already have a stable of great healers.

I will be completely astonished if I get anyone except for Delita or Lightning.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One thing I'm liking about expeditions is that it has been a decently steady source of holy crystals, generally 1-3 a day. Which isn't a lot on the surface, but it is a steady stream that will add up over time.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ugato posted:

I've given up on it. The summon part makes it horribly awkward, honestly. I can field a team that is able to get the summon up pretty quickly but it's basically chain deaths trying to actually get the summon off. The difficult part is that I don't have much to work with so a gimmick fight I just have to brute force my way through. I have no provoke tank, I have no great breaker and my y'shtola dies to a stiff breeze without someone to take most of the direct damage.

I've been primarily focusing on damage because it's the easiest way to work through everything - kill it before it gets dangerous. The summon is all about survival AND still killing it which I can't do.

Is there anyone else to look out for that's a dps with atk/mag break? I have an Elza to work on so I can rely on Madness Rush for the def/spi break. The only one that comes to mind is Orlandu with Crush Weapon.

Minfilia is extremely helpful for these Trials. Light resist and Def/Spr up are really important to maintain to survive the damage he can put out.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Kind of want to get my snow up to 6*(at 80/80 5* right now), but I think I will save my 6* awakening items until I see what happens Thursday when there is lots of summoning going on.

I'm looking forward to the disappointment Thursday. Free 10+1, 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5*, 4*+ ticket, 20 regular tickets. I expect to be trolled horribly.

We are going to need a google docs spreadsheet where we can record how badly gumi fucks us over I think. Need to see how many Delitas, Bediles, and Shadows show up!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Snow is pretty drat useful. Draw attacks + provoke ensures that single attacks are not going anywhere else. His only real trouble is his lack of armor choices. I TMd' 2 Firion a few events back and I slapped a heavy armor materia on him and now he rolls with what ever Cecil isn't wearing. It is funny how situation every unit is and how their usefulness changes constantly.

I am holding the exact same amount of tickets with a 4* also.

I have already seen a Bedile this week, and I literally have not seen him in 4 moths or so. That tells me they have already increased his rate. Also had an Edge today...another dumpster unit (TM "ok"), so I am fully expecting to quit after this event. I know it is a little :tinfoil: but it just seems like would happen in one of these games.

I fully expect to get the worst possible draws out of this, but also expect some goon to come out of Thursday with 3 Cid's.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
If you do the new maze and make it to the room with only 2 doors with no mistakes you have the option of talking to a moogle to get a fight against 3 cactuars, a burst pot, and I think it was 2 of the big metal cactuars.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

FFX units aren't going live until Friday, right? Or does the banner just not go up until Friday?

Everywhere is saying Thursday for everything.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BDawg posted:

I'll just craft some with my 3 Elemental Tears... ugh.

Hey, thats better than my 0 Elemental Tears!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Looking at the 5* units available to pull tomorrow, looks like there are about 11 out of 23 that are generally considered great pulls:

Orlandeu
Wilhelm
Noctis
Olive
Ramza
Marie(?)
Fryevia
Aileen
Reberta
Fohlen
Tidus

I put Marie as a ? because it seems to me that there have been other units that can do her role about as well as she does in most situations.

In the "meh" category where it is an OK unit but isn't really something to celebrate. Typically casters or units that are only wanted for their TMs:
Trance Terra
Rem
Gilgamesh
DK Cecil
Emperor

In the "Why does Gumi hate me" category, units that have either been completely made obsolete by power creep or were just never good to begin with:
Delita
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ace
Queen
Seabreeze Dark Fina

That look about right to more experienced people?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My preferred pull would be another Eileen, followed by an Orlandue and maybe an Olive. Noctis, without his JP modifiers, would be pretty low on my desired lists, def not lightning/queen/delita tier but not even above Marie or Gilgamesh. Just very hard to find a fit on him on a team if he cant act as finisher.

Yeah, if I get anything good out of the 5*(which I do not expect to) they will probably be forcing Noctis out of my party except for Arena. They really need to un-nerf him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hamburgers in pockets posted:

The vision shard giveaway would be cool if I hadn't been obsessively doing my dailies and already had Kelsus at 6*. :smith:

Or if Kelsus was good.

• Locked thread