Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I used the exploit to summon Diabolos in the Maxwell fight and now I'm kinda panicking, I heard JP players got banned for a similar one in the Maze event. I haven't put any money into this but starting over would drive my OCD insane.

Also ran into a dumb arena team of Cecil, 3 Arc and a Lightning. Didn't seem too bad.
The Arcs knew Meteor. All three of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How good does Krile become?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Two Celestial Gloves, two Excaliburs, three Lunge Combos and Dual Wield, a Black Belt Gi and Tiger Mask and Ifrit?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So there's this... Robot trial(?) in JP right now and I cannot comprehend the nature of that fight. It seems beyond absurd.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder why only CoD is the big fat exception to race rules. Why isn't Exdeath a plant/human hybrid? Do they fear just how terrifyingly strong the Plant-Killer passive would be?

Also I think someone from here made a big effort post about PVP, so I wanna ask, what do you use Maxwell for?

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 23, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
1/2 pull, Penelo
Ticket, 4* Russel

Did an 11 pull:

My first Exdeath! Kinda unlucky compared to people here though.
Amarant and 4* Garland were new too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bringing a mage team to ELT levels, especially Kefka, is becoming way too much of a bother at this point. A stiff wind knocks them out. I really need to finish my Refia, Bartz and second CoD but it's taking absolutely forever.

I rushed all the new story content to get some Lapis. I knew they were gonna pull the "I am your father" bit eventually.

MrLonghair posted:

!
With luck we'll have that one before 2018
From a marketing standpoint the sooner they release it the better, and according to that employee AMA SE in Japan often pushes decisions on Gumi so the possibility's there.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 26, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just had the weirdest PVP match ever.

Enemy team is Luneth, CoD, ExDeath, Kefka, and Delita. They get the first turn. I look away only to find one of my Kefkas petrified.
I kill everyone but the dual wielding CoD. Suddenly my own Cecil and CoD are petrified. Turns out this CoD is somehow petrifying me with her physical attacks? Eventually it comes down to the wire, I have one Kefka left with 100 HP. Turn goes to the other team, CoD uses Darkside, killing itself and the rest of my team. I get awarded the victory. Still though, that was absolutely bizarre.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, never mind, I figured out the shadow thing it was exactly what I though it was.
It annoys me how often that guy got away. He lost on three separate occasion and the last time they didn't even bother justifying. Watera is the most non-threatening thing to boot.

Heck is there any way to make a water spell not look totally flaccid and non-threatening short of tsunamis?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It seems the Water Shrine is capable of dropping every single type of Megacryst except fire (I got Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Dark and Light). It doesn't have a great EXP/NRG ratio, but if you want the most versatility, this might be the place.
The only problem I can foresee is that the boss, Gespenst, is a Mahadeva palette swap and thus can present a legitimate threat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp better run it 15 times so Refia can hit 6 star!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Mashed through the daily half pull to get it through with. As the crystal was exploding I noticed it was super shiny...
AHAHAHA POORLY DRAWN GILGAMESH IS MINE! At long last my first 5* base! Makes up for only ever pulling one Exdeath.

Now to find a way to get 4 million EXP...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'll third that and say level up your team. Stuff like Full Break is such a big game changer. Make sure you have the materials needed for awakening before you start leveling them up. If you have lotsa free time, you can do Maranda Coast explorations to stock up on Ice Megacrysts to boot.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

itskage posted:

Is it more efficient than explorations?

It's only better for time really, but it beats the EXP chamber.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know who to use these HP pots on. Exdeath? Gilgamesh? Cecil?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I now appreciate my account about 100x times more. Godspeed, victims of the RNG.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I saw Genji Glove listed as Best TMR in the game, but I feel accessory slots are more precious than materia ones. Am I wrong?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well it beats Shadow, whose attacks include:
-
-
-And the ever memorable

Anyway I daydreamed some horrible introduction of Cloud as the first 6*-7* unit, and TMR crafting that would require getting multiple TMRs from the same character in order to make equipment. It was horrible.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ugh, screw all this Arena abuse stuff, did it have to happen during my thesis defense/sleep? Even the bugs hate my timezone.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This arena restriction is killing me. Everyone pointed out the lack of black magic, but the other condition means no Barrage, Cleansing Strike, etc...

I've been forced to field a team of CoD, Cecil, Agrias, Firion and a level 50 6* Bartz. It's tedious as hell Lancing all their healers' MP before wearing them down with Darkside and Call of the Void. I'm thinking of replacing Bartz with Lenna for now, and give her BioBlaster.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
These Lapis deals for the event... Very not worth it right? Also the Snow deal is 6 days long so that all but confirms there'll be more characters added to the banner in that timeframe.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PopeCrunch posted:

Bahahaha jesus christ that was amazing. I spent a week grinding dudes to the point where i JUST BARELY blew up Veritas of the Heavens in windmill town, after dozens of failures.

Then I met him again in the Wind Shrine and blew him apart in a single try while on the toilet.

While I do think his first encounter feels like it has better stats, remember that you had 6 party members in the Wind Shrine instead of 5. The first fight was basically a handicap match.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You could get Equip Hat from the vault key sidequest.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The man called M posted:

Are there any ways to restore MP other than Ethers and Bartz's Suicide Skill?

Rosa's LB. Miracle of Baron is actually really up there in terms of usefullness.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So uh... Word of advice, don't randomly use Carbuncle if you're looking to heal your team.

Edit: Looking at datamined info, expect a Christmas banner with Saint Nicholas and snow cone Fina. Or reindeers Rain/Lasswell/Charlotte.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 8, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you're gonna chase a rainbow then calculations posted here show 11 pulls are better I think, but either way you shouldn't do it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Conspiracy theory time: Gumi is actually on our side and intentionally self sabotage to give us compensation rewards

The reality though is that they're dumb.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This maintenance started at 8AM locally. By the time it'll finish it'll be 4AM. Wow.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hey girl you up posted:

I'm guessing that they're working from a hosed up codebase that keeps getting worse every time new stuff gets added out of sequence from when Japan got it.

The ex-employee AMA mentioned that, since turnover rate is so high, at this point no one actually knows how the engine functions and it's basically like someone slapping a bunch of wooden planks over a window.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My Zidane is at 90.3%, is it better if I just pull him out of the party and wait to get a Moogle?

Also as far as Sword TMs go, I'm going for Save the Queen instead of Excalibur because so far I've noticed elemental weapons have screwed us over more than they've really helped us. Is this an accurate observation?
Actually I should probably go for Sakurafubuki, although I've never pulled a Chizuru for Blade Mastery.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Today I did 190 summons.

Friend point summons mind you. I needed the last 5% for Dragon Killer.

Among 190 characters I did not get a single Skaha.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
4* Firion was my first pull and the reason I didn't reroll my account. Looking back he's quite puny now outside of being another source of Lance, so I'm eagerly awaiting the day he can rejoin the front lines.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I am 230 summons and still no Skaha for that last 5%. I even beat Twin Headed Dragon in the mean time. At this point I'm think of farming it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What's the deal with the Onion Cutter skill/weapon?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp. Here comes 5* base Noctis, and they kept his 6* form which kinda worries me regarding nerfs...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
At long last my first good TM, Dual Wield, is done. Now onto Genji Glove!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
His LB makes all the pots I dumped on Cecil feel useless.

Oh, apparently one of the new JP characters has a thunder sword TM that makes Lightning somewhat viable again for their meta.
Man, new units that exist entirely to farm a drop that makes previous units better. Now this is real gacha.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 15, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Orlandu will come as is because he's being released following the actual order of Japanese events (somewhat).

Meanwhile Noctis was likely forced on the Global version of the game by Square Enix's marketing team because they need to strike while the iron is hot and FFXV is still new. I'd wager we won't see any major character changes otherwise.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
1/2 pull: 3* Maria.
Did 10 ticket pulls:
3* Luna
3* Celes
3* -> 4* Bartz
3* Sazh (why now?)
3* Charlotte
4* Snow (do I even have the right banner here?)
3* Shadowned
4* Fran
4* Roselia
3* Terra

I'm happy to get my favourite FF6 characters for the first time but drat. I'm thinking of doing an 11 pull soon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hate you all.

In other news, Two Headed Dragon has been debuffed. Seems that buff was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

30 tickets and 2 11pulls, no cheese and no noctis.

:suicide:

I did get some good stuff, but I still feel depressed.
I'm at 11 tickets and an 11 pull myself.

11 pull got me:

FIVE 3* Charlottes wtf
4* Mercedes!
4* Gaffgarion
3* Russel
3* Miyuki
3* Amarant
3* Sabin
4* New Unit... Lani.

All I wanted was some cheez :(
I have 20 tickets and 4610 Lapis left. Unsure what to do. Any advice?

• Locked thread