Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok, so I have two questions.

First, is it worth using these Minituars outside of levelling FP units to sell for gold?

Second, my general party layout is CoD, Cecil, Refia, Gilgamesh, Agrias.
Now if I wanted some more physical damage units, assuming no TMs are involved, who's the best of the following to level up?
-A second CoD
-Bartz (I have two)
-Mercedes
-Artemios
-BC Lid
-Gaffgarion
-Kaine
-Miyuki

Also I've noticed there's a Moogle that sometimes shows up in the maze above doors to guide you, so you might want to hold off on going straight down the middle all the time and maybe check each door beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just use Divider twice with Golem Staff. If Refia survives, and she usually always does, the four remaining members are enough to burn her down.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bediled :(

And ugh, I got today's Burst Pot and it's barely enough to get Exdeath from LB8 to LB9 and a half.

Also I took a look at the update schedule, and man we are hopelessly, terribly behind even at the rate we're going. Other games I'm playing actually managed to catch up due to a shorter launch delay but we basically have a 9 month gap at this point that I dislike.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Super MP expensive 1 turn damage null seems like it's to be expected honestly.

I'm more interested in Medius, because how the hell do you salvage a fragile gunner that actively attracts attacks to himself? You don't.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Video of the update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XR3hRZiN4

Skip to around 11 minutes in.

Ok so White Knight Noel (AKA Magitek Reindeer) has a Mag+50 TMR. What the heck.
http://i.imgur.com/hwgfitz.jpg
Ah yes, the Trust "Muster" mechanic. Too bad he's a 5* no one will get.

Next is Santa Roselia, who has cure counters. Can't buff or revive though.
http://i.imgur.com/Sg5cg79.jpg

Cerius gets Dualcast, autorefresh and darkness resistance moves.
Medius gets buffs/debuffs, Blazing Glory(partial unmitigated damage move), and a gun from the new christmas event.

Christmas event? Yep, we get our first global raid event. You use the following gear which is extra effective against the boss
http://i.imgur.com/0VDRHXw.png
Also we get to kill Frosty the snowman over and over again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A Noctis alone singlehandedly destroyed my 57 win streak. He got off one Blizzard Flask and then two turns later just spammed Fire Flask nonstop.

I really hate it when the AI spams moves.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Daily pull: 4* into 5* Garnet.
This is the 3rd Garnet I get in less than a week, I don't understand this at all. It sucks that FF9 characters are essentially a garbage dump for some reason. I don't foresee any possible 6* or enhancements saving them.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok, the way I see it:

-max WoL as he will be your full breaker(debuffer) for now. In 2 or 3 months' time he will get a 6* upgrade making him a crazy healcounter tank as well.

-max your other Chizuru and Exdeath. Exdeath is the best mage, and though Mercedes is a good physical attacker, there is a lack of good axes outside her own TM compared to katanas for Chizuru.

-Bartz isn't as good for damage as the others, but has support abilities to full restore an ally at the cost of his own life or help fill an ally's LB. Should probably leave him for last.

So you end up with Cecil, Refia, WoL, Chizuru, Chizuru in cases of physical damage, or Cecil, Refia, WoL, Exdeath, *insert other mage here* for magic damage.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Got a second WoL. Worth running two 6* in the future of him, lacking Chiz, CoD, Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, etc?

I'm just gonna list his 6 star abilities and let you decide:

-Raise (revive at 30% HP)
-Hope, passive +100% DEF after HP drops below 30%
-Warrior's Pride, passive 30% Chance Counter Magic with Self Recover 25% HP/MP
-Encourage, ability, AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF
-Brave Presence, ability, 1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted
-Armor Erasor, ability, AoE 3 Turn -45% DEF/SPR Debuff
-Arms Eraser, ability, AoE 3 Turn -45% ATK/MAG Debuff
-The Light is with Us, ability, 3 Turn 50% Chance to Defend Allies (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage)

Note that WoL already has Sentinel, a passive that does the same thing as The Light is with Us. So if you have 2 WoLs cast this I think you have a chance of negating 2 attacks' worth of damage?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Use my compensation energy for the maze or save it for the raid boss?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've been told the JP raid used both orbs and NRG and had different tiers/difficulties.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone know how big the download after the latest update is? I won't have access to Wifi for a day but I'd rather not take a chunk out of my data plan.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Medius and Cerius still suck, Rosalia is a dedicated defensive healer that could work if you have other buffers, and Noel is a pretty interesting and tanky mage:
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ji8my/gl_1221_maint_quick_peek/

Also the raid event is entirely NRG based, up to 23 for the hardest runs.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Will the orlandu banner be another FFT themed one or will it be mixed? I dont know if I should be saving the tickets for that or whale for noctis still.
I believe Orlandu drops with Ovelia at the very least, but you never know what can happen in the global version.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are the 5 Lapis Colosseum quests worth it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I laughed too much at this not to share it. It's a "chart" visualizing the pulls you'd get before you'd get Noctis on average. Just replace it with Charlotte heads instead.
Don't chase 5*s kids.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Wow, I was so happy coming in here to post that I finally pulled a Mercedes and here is Fenrir with his 4th rainbow and 3rd base 5* character.

Now I'm salty, so very salty.
At the very least, Mercedes with full ATK pots basically hits as hard as a 5* base even without TMRs. Axe Mastery and all those other % boosts do a good job getting her to around 540ATK. With some right TMs I can see her approaching 700.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
At 6* level 52, Firion gets Heavy Breaker:
+30% ATK when equipped with Axe & +30% ATK when equipped with Hammer & +30% ATK when equipped with Lance & +30% ATK when equipped with Knuckle

I don't particularly see what the point of the Knuckles is but I'm guessing the options for good hammers and Lances aren't plentiful.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is that the closest you can get to the 300% cap on stat bonuses?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Chizuru has innate Demon Killer if that helps.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have way too many smart pots, and my Exdeath is maxed on them. I know Kefka eventually gets a 6* upgrade, and all 3 of my Arcs are 3* right now while my three Kefkas are 5*. Should I just dump the pots on one Kefka?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Just got the 10 mini burst pots from the individual rewards, but I plan to hold on to them. On 1/9 we will get our group rewards and that will include two normal burst pots. One of the big ones should take my leveling Cecil up to limit rank 15 and then I can awaken him to 5 stars for the next grind.

Managing all this is a goddamn pain in the rear end, but worth it in the long run... :argh:

I hosed up and used spirit and HP pots on the Cecil I'm not using LB pots on. Felt totally idiotic.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well Noctis ends on the 29th, so I assume they'll drop something on the 31st as a surprise/gently caress you.

It seems competition for the Raid has actually dropped a lot now that everyone has gotten their moogle. I'm under 4000 now at 13000 points. I think if more and more people end up dropping it for TM farming and doing the story then I could make it to sub 1000, maybe even sub 100. Heck I just jumped 400 ranks in two goes.
And while this probably sucks for efficiency, I think I've gotten 3 rank ups from this so far.

Go RV! posted:

I could have sworn that he was a woman. That would have made him a little more interesting than generic "smug supposed ladies man", at least

That sprite totally looks like it had tits :colbert:

Also his proportions are out of whack compared to the others unless he's really tall and lanky.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just beat the electric tower, I only just noticed how this new area is just a big fat FF8 reference. The boss made it click.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why does this dyer guy keep spending money on refreshes to run frosty right now? Does he gain anything? He has amost a 4/1 advantage, there is no way the 2nd place is going to catch up

e- Also after getting this loving gun for this event, its incredibly stupid that Medius didnt get dual guns. Even with dual guns he would still be less powerful than the other FFBE gunner unit because his skills still suck and he still has draw attacks.

Apparently he was asked on a forum and he said because he wants to rub it in #2's face. No he doesn't know who #2 is so it's not even personal.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Should I be dumping MPs up on Tilith in anticipation of future events?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Doublehand only stacks once if the character has it as an innate passive (IE: Garland), and that's the only place where it's worth it, so you won't need a lot of them

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Stat pots add to your base stats, therefor making any percentage increase (Hero Ring, Blade Mastery, Axe Mastery...) even more potent.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Weren't we supposed to be getting a gift today?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They made guaranteed 4* tickets? Yeesh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What the absolute hell?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/?taken-by=arianagrande

It's a ...goth bunny valkyrie?

I know there were ideas thrown around of having western SE properties thrown in from Eidos games, but still... what?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

jaclynhyde posted:

oh thank god it's over

Same, I'm at 93 wins now. No status effects has really neutered anything I could run into, and it helps that the current "week" started last month that waynI can afford to do matches with low multipliers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ah, so it's an FF4 style exploration event.

...AoE paralyse/confuse/petrify. Ah, so it's. FF4 style Golbez bullshit.

Wish I had those Ribbons done. CoD and Refia are gonna be invaluable here... And Carbuncle apparently.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Kiss of darkness hits on turn 4? Gee what are the odds Carbuncle will be ready to go by then...

Note this is an exploration, you can come if with a full Summon gauge.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If it's not a physical ability, dual wield does nothing but give stats.

If it's a unique ability, dual cast will also do nothing. To know if dual cast will function, check the magic screen to see if what you want to use is there (or look for the relevant little orb next to the spell name).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just noticed something but...
Where's 6* Rain? Wasn't he supposed to annihilate the difficulty curve for people who'd had tough luck with pulls?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I went from 0 Terras to 3. She's my favorite FF character but I can't really use her sadly, not until 6* and Trance Terra come out. I guess they'll just sit around until all I can do is try to TM farm 3 Ultimas.

Out of 10 pulls I only got 1 Elle. Everything else was off banner.
So, I have 4 Bartz now, can I fuse the 4th one with my main Bartz? I can't imagine I'll ever field them all nor can I imagine needing more than 3 Doublehands.
Last question: I pulled an extra Tellah. I have a lot of better mages, so in the interest of unit space, is it ok to fuse the two I have together? There are a lot better TMs than MP30% to have, especially with how common MP boosts are to other TMs in the first place.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Mankiller+Diabolos' mankiller+her resists. She's basically immune to dark damage that way too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

deathbagel posted:

Edit: YES! Flare here I come!

The first and last time someone will be happy to get a 5* Kuja.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So right now, is Memu or Nox the more crash prone emulator?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even the Cecil is 5*, so he's not even that tanky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

It's not the most generous with its premium currency (I find FFRK beats it out there, though FFRK's lack of narrative and real-time gameplay understandably turn off a lot of people), and it makes up for that generosity by being downright cruel in other ways.

No other game I know of has emulator grinding macros as a F2P optimization technique. Trust Masteries are a really dumb and bad system.

FFRK's resources actually really annoy me, because it's 50 mythril pulls or bust. Here, I can have my 10000 Lapis set aside for a future banner, while still daily pulling and using summon tickets. It gives a comfortable trickle of new characters and occasional big surprises, whereas FFRK to me just feels like "go big or go home".

• Locked thread