Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
For some reason I find Emperor's enhancements bizarrely in-character and amusing. Something about how they even debuff allies and make him a self-sustaining monster is just funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The game has been trying to update for the past 4 hours. I feel like I'm going crazy. First it's stuck at 0%, then it tried to make me go through the tutorial, now I'm finally past the first update screen and onto the chocobo update screen but it's been stuck at 14% for the past 20 minutes.
There's nothing wrong with my Wifi and I made sure not to use it while I played something else. Not sure what's going on anymore.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I kicked Cecil out of my party today and slotted in Wilhelm. Goodnight sweet Paladin.
Wowie is Willhelm fun to use though. Being able to do more than Provoke and Curaja feels good. With Minfilia and Yshtola I have all the support I could ever use outside a Marie.

I would like some cool helmet and heavy armor to work towards though. Knowing I have the "best" because there's so little options available feels kinda... limiting.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm almost done with almost all of my offensive TMs and think I'll be moving onto the SPR ones next . I already have a Vanille and have a couple of Refias I can put through. Anybody else come to mind?
It's not a pure SPR accessory but Elle's Arsha's Talisman is a good poverty option for boosting multiple tanking stats simultaneously.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Keeping a running tally of Titan Trual NRG used. So far, 160. I can't believe how bullshit RNG this thing is.

Also, whatever changes they made to de/buff timers and icons is really screwing me over. I can't tell what lasts how long anymore.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, the final cost was 200NRG but it's all done. Thanks to the stupid buff display bug I actually jotted down each and every move used on what turn. Took half an hour and came down to the wire. Only Sakura died but my MP was out, my buffs were on their last turn, and my barriers were down.
One last Minfilia buff on Orlandeau and Northswain's Strike got me the win. That move is so drat good for its cost.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
On the one hand, that's pretty noble of them. On the other, donating through an abusive mobile game is... weird.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It says "All profits go to charity" but I've heard some companies have messed around with the definition of "profits" in the past to weasel out of things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I decided to do March of the Machines again to waste stamina before the update, get the remaining Lapis. Managed to do it. So now that the update's finished I find myself back at the first battle...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
People recommend Ling and Orlandeau for Atk breaks but I had forgotten Fryevia had a 50% break too. Those extra % make a difference.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah I was just using it for Ultros, since he's only Atk breakable and loves spamming regular hits.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, after the Orlandeau/Aileen/Tidus trinity he's the next new standard for physical damage dealers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So when I finish The Gathering, am I supposed to repeat the final stage and hope for Giancryst drops?
And hey, BF is coming back around!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpESXSnOmo

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not sure if I should go for any of these enhancements... I have Ace but gambling for magic damage (even if it is huge) isn't my style. Plus I haven't farmed up magic TMs for him.

Killing Vector posted:

Don't bother trying to farm this event. Apparently giancryst drops weren't added until later story events.
Oof, thanks a lot, you just saved me a lot of energy not going there.

hagie posted:

I wonder if the NRG to Rank EXP on that last gathering run makes it worth it to farm for rank
Don't even think about it. It's 100 NRG for 3305 rank EXP, or 33.05 EXP/NRG. By contrast Wicked Peaks - Alluring Winds (the last map before the Diabolos fight) is 44 EXP/NRG and the best place in the game to farm rank.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KDdidit posted:

So I hear the Shark at the end of the gathering is a step up, like how much? If I chain 2 TGC DR's and drop Olive's LB during the chain will that be enough?

It definitely isn't that bad, your setup is pretty overkill. The final map has two bosses that might warrant such punishment but they'll likely also die to a single use of that combo.
It's not that the bosses are hard, you just can't take them for granted and come in without a proper Provoke tank and defense buffs.

Ugato posted:

As my two best characters by far currently are Cecil and Gilgamesh, limit burst kill requirements make me die a little inside.
Cecil has High Tide for faster charging and his LB is universally the best till Rikku drops, could be worse.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This time I made sure not to gently caress up. Everything from the gathering claimed except for one white purecryst because I was an idiot and gently caress redoing that for something I'll never use because Tilith will never get enhancements.

Ive got one DW completed and one at 80%. This moogle will get it to 90%. Ive got 3 other zidanes. I could smoosh two of them and get another DW. I seriously dont think I need a 4th DW given that tilith has no arms and WoL cant dualwield shields (He can since I have him with a winged guardian on)
White crysts are among the most useless because they upgrade White magic spells that are not healing, which have their own crysts. Now think a moment and ask yourself if you'll be using stuff like Holy and Esuna when other magic and AoE abilities have supplanted both of them even if they were upgraded.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Power, Support and Tech are the most important.
Tech actually upgrades a lot of important future weapon passives as it turns out, bur not right now.
Power is very in demand because it'll pretty much be used for any damaging ability that's not a colored magic, even Counters and passives. If it does damage and doesn't have a color, it's Power based.
Support upgrades a range of stuff from various buffs and debuffs, evasion, passives... Anything goes. You'll need it a lot.
I was partially wrong about White, as it does help spells like Curaga and Raise. But healers like Tilith and so on will be using their own abilities (and Healing crysts as a result) so White's importance isn't too great.
So ultimately it's Guard, Black and Green that are the least used.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone at Alim really pushing the selfcest fetish.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well that explains the OP season 2 moveset at least.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The global release is doing pretty well all things considered, they cited it in their recent financial report as a big success (whilst ignoring Mobius and Record Keeper). Seems like the whales are biting.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

Not surprising that Mobius wasn't mentioned, that game really went down the shitter.
Yeah, that game got real abusive, real fast. Found the image I was referring to:

Similar abusive game KHUX seems to be doing fine though. God that game is predatory.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Should I be using Burst pots on Tilith?

Also how many Kelsus shards should we have so far if we got them all?

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 13, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The way it works is that eventually % buffs are displayed in text lines beneath the equipment's stats. So for example it might say "HP+0" and in a line below the stats "Boosts HP by 20%".
Sadly they're taking their time with that UI update.

Also one of Square's employees (I think their NA community manager?) is gonna be streaming from E3 tomorrow at 3:45 PDT trying to beat True Titan trial. Everyone should go there to TUMULT simultaneously in chat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You could always ask someone here to set you up with an invincible Noctis/Lightning to solo him with.

Otherwise, I suggest taking a Noctis friend. He can use Cover to give everyone in the party Refresh, and he can Point Warp himself to refill his own MP/HP. His Thunder Flasks will also cancel Gilgamesh's Electrocutes due to being hybrid damage.
Just make sure you don't make him your only source of Light or other elemental damage.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So that third accessory from the BF event, the one with a nondescript passive? It's actually 10%Phys/Mag evade.
There's also an Elite Maxwell with some moogles, coins and tickets. More info here.

Also Zargabath isn't exclusive and will be buffed for Japan.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Servers are up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You saw Maxwell sucks, I say 66 hit double limit burst chain goooooo

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Would people say Seria's TM is a must for tanks? I still haven't gotten her and it's driving me nuts.

Meanwhile I have 4 Karls which would be nice for Hybrid users, except Letters and Arms seems to have rendered his TM all but useless.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aileen benefits most from her own TM.
Ace seems like the best best for ability awakening. His Trilaser becomes a ridiculous imperil with a 10% chance of 30x damage, and Spirit hand becomes an AoE mana battery for free pretty much. He's gone from troll rainbow to high tier support now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Kinda funny how Seria's TM is super good, hazily BiS for defensive purposes, and Karl is mediocre with a side of " maybe one day they will fix hybrid damage"

( I say Hazily because obviously some fights are going to heavily prioritize just physical or just magic damage)
Looking at all my Karls and 0 Serias, man do I hate him now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh sweet, we got compensation for the crafting slots! I totally forgot about those. Only time they ever came useful was Mogcakes, Hero Ring+Upgrades, and FF14 Event equipment for Yshtola.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

LOL gotta spend $200 for a guaranteed 5* through the lapis exchange rewards. Why isnt this poo poo retroactive?
On the plus side, the unique EX character with a Dual Wield+ TM (Dual Wield + 50% damage with certain weapons) isn't in there, so there's a possibility she might end up a regular banner unit.
Although now that I think about it, I see the EX items you get are specifically regular, 4* and 5* EX tickets, so maybe they're just making an entire EX unit pool with global exclusives.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 22, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it didn't occur to me that these tickets might just be to prevent cheesing banners.
Also, they finally fixed the equipment passives display! Now not only are stat %s showing up, but additional effects have full descriptions in yellow to boot!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know how early on Rain was hitting on everything up to and including Shiva? But now he's a lot more "hotblooded noble hero man that loves his enemies" with some barely there tension with the two Finas.

It seems that earlier side of the character was written into its own thing as Jake except there's nothing else to counterbalance it anymore so it's just a guy going "Women eh eh?" 24/7 while everyone threatens to kill him.
Whatever semblance of character the Zoldaad story and event added to him are easily ignored thanks to this obnoxiousness.
At least we got drop kicking Lid out of it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"I'll be waiting in the valley ahead" *world map pans from one edge of the screen to the other*
I never liked the icon placement for levels on the map. Sometimes it feels like there's too much dead space.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like how many of the expeditions are just memes and movie jokes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have to say, for someone's who's only been back/pulling since the Floating Continent event, your recent 5* luck is absurdly insane, even if said 5* aren't game breaking.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The global sequence of enhancements seems more... balanced for lack of a better word. Ramza being in the first JP batch seems like it might have been a mistake for them that they're severely rectifying in global now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Oxybeles posted:

Post-Enhancement Ace is one of my very, very best mans now. I got my first Nuclear Launch Detected hit today... good god.

The screen turns so red when that happens, I freaked out the first time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've had "Hide your kids hide your wives" and "Oh father where art thou" sitting in my Expeditions menu for like 3 days, I don't even dare try them but I don't wanna shuffle them away either.

Also I can't beat Maxwell ELT with no deaths. I'm not sure who my 6th party member should be. I'm using Noctis, Willhelm, Tilith, Minfilia, and a friend Orlandeau with Deathbringer (his Crush weapon makes him better than Fryevia who only has an Atk debuff). Maybe Yshtola or Cecil would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I saw the Enchanted Maze is up with the new level, gave it a run. First room: Giant Metal Cactuar, materials: holy crystal, fury stone. Go into a door. Room exit into the same room. Hmm, that's strange. Go into another door: end of maze and 1 more GMC.

Thanks Gumi.

Yeah, I'm not sure how this thing works. You can make as many mistakes as you want but the length is random? Also if you don't make mistakes the next encounter will have more enemies (1 Gigantuar -> Two King Gil Snappers etc...), but if you start a streak after failing once it won't count.

• Locked thread