Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Yeah if you just sit idle and refresh your ranking every 5 minutes watch your ranks drop in freefall. A LOT of players doing this atm. I just cleared my board and have enough of this tedious poo poo. Also below Rank 5000 now for the first time since Arena was launched. Wont last an hour I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is by far the hardest I've ever been hit on turn 1:

Got lucky with the first turn in round 2 and managed to beat them.

You havent run into the Rain trap then with 4x Lightning casting at least triple Heat Blitz on your all mage chaining team.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Jesus. Did anyone on your team survive?

Nope. If I run into quad Lightning or just any whale team like double Light double Luneth and or mix in a Elza and the AI goes first it's usually gg for me.

But I dont care about winstreaks to much just farming the medals and staying above 30k.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fisting Tent posted:

Too much Ex-Death on the Dance floor

Too much wood on this party.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Trilin posted:

My first 5* base character, and I can finally stop bitching about not having one now.

Don't you worry mate I got you covered. Haven't seen a single rainbow since I started over 3 months ago. And I play and pull DAILY.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

I'll be TM farming him instead of running this stupid event.

This is seriously laughable. Reddit says the events are exactly the same as in JP. So I'm not sure why we haven't heard any rumblings earlier that events are going to be poo poo in the future. Even the 1300 NRG you need for the Cactuars are not worth it. You can get double that XP by running ~108 Maranda Runs for 6480000 XP (100x Cact = 3000000). Hell you could just run XP Vortex and break even NRG/XP wise. And if even the Cactuars are not worth it nothing basically is worth getting. Just a quick calculation, for the NRG you need for the 70k Moogle you could get a whole team 39% TM. That's right.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Who's brilliant idea was this. I mean how can you gently caress your playerbase so badly. You want them happy and spending $ ESPECIALLY with xmas coming.

:psyduck:

quote:

"Thunderfall: JP 2400 GL 6000

Here we go: JP 1600 GL 5600

Attacker: JP 1200 GL 2600

Defender: JP 800 GL 2600

Taken from: http://altema.jp/ffbe/ff13korabo-12047"

They did change something. They INCREASED the gear cost, effectively tripling it in most cases without modifying the drop rate at all. That's downright scammy.

Like many said, this reflect VERY poorly on SE/Gumi/Alim or whoever

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

McSpankWich posted:

I've been dumping HP and SPR onto Refia, MAG and MP into ExDeath, DEF and LB onto Cecil, and just recently decided to put ATK into Chiz, since her 6* is coming soon and is apparently good. I don't really have any other top tier physical dps so yea.

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Professor Powercreep is go

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cry Havoc posted:

i'm back everyone add me 446,079,826 for some genii glove morphing time

Leave when the game is decent, come back when the game is poo poo. Solid plan.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cry Havoc posted:

so have they banned people injection hacking or are they still out there

There was an announcement that they are aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely. Whatever that means. Maybe some strays got banned but there hasn't been the usual cryout that comes from big ban waves like recently in Overwatch.

I wouldn't risk it on my main account currently.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Dump all on Lightning or wait for Orlandu banner?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Sure but I read that Orlandu also has a terrible banner where either you do not pull at all or you pull hard and whale $500+ AT least. JP players saying that on average $1000 were needed for like a 95%+ chance to get him. We won't have the summon change by then and the unit pool will be even bigger when he arrives. So even if you get Rainbow after Rainbow the chance to actually pull him is very small like 0,0125% or something. Ridiculous.

And I just read up that Agrias 6* with Enhancements is basically mini-Orlandu. Agrias being around 10% less ATK wise but otherwise basically the same skill HolyExplosion DW Excalibur. In a perfect world you would want to chain both obviously.

But yeah other than that, keep on....

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

I can't find the will to even do the daily quests anymore, and it's because I have so many characters to level and no effective way to do it.

Maybe this weekend I'll just mash every cactuar into my ExDeath to 6* him, followed by Bartz, Agrias and then maybe the other 3 ExDeaths I've gotten in the last week.

I haven't stepped into the Arena since the bug last week either. Maybe I'll just finish up my Blood Sword.

I keep holding out for Orlandu so I can make some turbo characters but leveling anything without a special event is just horrible.

You are not alone bro. We all are thinking the same actually.

I still would like to level a second ExBro. Then I have Bartz and Firion queued up at least. Then I could level a 3rd ExBro or level up the Chorizo I daily pulled on this stupid banner. Or one of the other characters that will probably never ever see max lvl.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

The worst part is both Memu and Nox have been randomly hard locking on me for no apparent reason so I can't even effectively grind TM's like I used to be able to.

Memu 2.8.6 has been nothing but really stable for me. In one week of full nearly 24/7 TM farming I maybe see the Memu locked and not reacting 2 times. I also noticed I can tune this down drastically by rebooting my rig every 12 hours at least. Since I'm doing this I rarely had a lockup. Maybe once in 14 days or so.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Added 30 friendslots so more goons can glory in Professor Powercreeps awesomeness

:getin: 427140992

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I just tested this: Threw Vax's Exdeath at it with a dual casted Meteor and a Focus. The first meteor did ~60-70%, the second finish it. Obviously can't get all of the challenges in one go due to No Magic but it'll get the No KO easily.

Yeah if you have a decent dualcast Mage yourself you can just double chain Thundaga the first wave. No need to waste that Mana.

:frogsiren: Please make sure to put something goony in your msg otherwise I will decline.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Vax posted:

Added 30 friendslots so more goons can glory in Professor Powercreeps awesomeness

Still around 15 slots available for some ExBro fun. (He is at 660 now)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

How did you get him to wear a hat?

I asked him nicely.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Vax posted:

10 slots Ladies. Lets fill this up.

Declined like 30 pubbies today. Everyone wants an ExBro.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Calling it now: When Orlandu comes out he won't actually get a rate up on his banner, or it'll be a smaller rate up than units normally get.

Alternately: Gumi will pull a Brave Frontier and give a guaranteed banner character every 10-20 or so pulls, but Orlandu will still by a 1% drop rate for the bonus character.

This has been confirmed on Orlandus JP banner. He had a realistic chance of 0.0125% on that banner. Delivered after an average of ~550 pulls or something.

MrLonghair posted:

I swear I saw a 660 MAG ExDeath somewhere on my friendslist before going to bed :psyduck: and oh that trial :psyduck:
e: oh Vax :psyduck:

Sup. :getin:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
gently caress that lovely VLC hat character bullshit. I want my xmas sale 50% off Lapis bundles. Make it happen!

But I mean if this 0.0125% 550 pull for Orlandu bullshit turns out to be true you would need to spend 250000 Lapis on average to get him.

Maybe I just stop spending money and try to get him on a Daily pull.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

KataraniSword posted:

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Thread Maintenance Has Been Extended

Fun fact: In JP there has only ONCE been extended Maintenance in all this time and guess what they got for compensation? 1000 loving Lapis, thats right

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I have not seen a Rainbow once in hundreds of pulls. Statistically I should get Orlandu on my first daily.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
So I'm reading if you have a lot of bonus units it's better NRG/Gears wise to run PRO? Can someone confirm?

Hardbody posted:

Vax you fucker accept my invite.

Done.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Tagichatn posted:

Supposedly elite is more efficient but if you can sub out a damage dealer for a bonus unit, then pro would be better. I haven't run pro since maint so I don't know the exact numbers.

Looks like its something about 16.9 gears/NRG for ELT and 16.2 gears/NRG for PRO. So yeah if you have to find out the breakpoint for yourself.

For someone like me who hasn't pulled on this lovely banner at all it's just worth going with bonus friends once they pop up then go back to TM farming.

I settle for the Cactuars/Tix/Quartz.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Last 2 slots, 665 ExDeath -> 427140992

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Hot drat Lightning giving 100% Bonus now. Plus they doubled the ELT drop PLUS it feels like I'm actually getting Metal Cactuars to show up now. 2x out of 10 runs.

:frogsiren: Calling all the pink waifus to the friendzone! :frogsiren:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: Ludmille #4

Tix 1: Hope
Tix 2: Fang

:shrug:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Enhancements for Bartz and ExBro are looking decent:

Butts:
Entrust Life Sacrificial Restore ST 100% HP/MP, ST 3 Turn +70% Wind Resist, ST 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP
Cyclone Slash 700% AoE 1 Hit Wind Hybrid Attack

ExBro:
+50% Mag Dmg vs Human, Plant, Bird, Beast, Bug
Meteor 300% AoE 3 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND
Evil Light 350% AoE 1 Hit Light Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Running this event with Fang, Hope and a friend Lightning doesn't feel to bad after all. Just grinding ELT and hoping for that Bonus Unit. Getting good Gears in this way.

Nearly finished the Cactuars, Tix and Quartz already. Guess I will go for some 6* Mats then too. Or just dump some NRG into the Dunes I guess while they are up.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Got Hope off the daily, decided to try my luck with a ticket...

YESSSSSSSSS :getin:

Are the Knuckles really that important? Kinda meh TM no?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Amazing TM if you have Snow's to go with it and Bartz, or eventually 6* Firion.

I actually have Firion but not Snow. Also Orlandu will probably be there when Firion gets his 6*. So yeah....

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Whatever bullshit magic I had that summoned 5* bases has died, so I've already accepted that I won't get Orlandu just like I didn't get Gilgamesh or Elza. But Firion I have, and I've got a small army of TMs that I should have ready for him when he awakens.

Dont kid yourself, you lucky bastard will pull him on your first daily and a second one on an 11 pull most likely.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Decided to dump the 3 amazon tix and got Fang, Hope, Hope. Currently doing some bonus runs With triple Hope + Lightning netting me around 1000 gears per run.

Got the tix, quartz, cactuars and cheap mats. Guess I'm done for now and will grind up and store some Cactuars.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?

Yes. And broken.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
ENCHANTED MAZE FINALLY MOTHERFUCKER

time to grind all week until my eyes bleed :woop:

Since I actually dodged :bedile: and pulled her royal Chorizo the other day: Is she worth maxing at all?

Mind you I'm really unlucky on physical attackers. Only decent ones I have is basically Firion and Bartz.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

She'll be better than Bartz at 6 in terms of raw damage, probably Firion at 6 as well, although both of them have more utility. Katana selection makes running more than 1 of her less viable. Compared to the others.

Isn't Firion top 10 in JP? So I guess he will be pretty decent once his 6* and enhancements hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Skyridge posted:

I've been planning for 6* Firion ever since I pulled him. I'm pretty sure the only things I'm missing to make him optimal are brave suit and blade mastery.

:same:

Got Chorizo and Miyuki in the oven right now. Basically for Oralndu in 2-3 weeks. But yeah that's also 550 pulls away.

• Locked thread