Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Just found this thread. I'll post my info to the doc.

I am really hoping the Orlandu banner drops next. I whaled a bit for Lightning and Elza and no dice. Currently rocking a DW 650attack Dark Cecil with deathbringer and barrage. My stable of 30% magic tm's and Omnirod are a day or two from being complete. I'll be fully prepared for Exdeath 6* release. Hoping more maxwell style events come in the future. I haven't had that much fun since..... maxwell in brave frontier. People bitch about the difficulty but we were literally charting 30+ turns in advance in BF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Do you guys want Fat D.Cecil for maxwell or fully leveled Maxwell for the event? Not sure which is preferable.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
He is decent, but he comes with Doublehand which is a great TM.

That said, I dont think that is the banner. Rumor is Gilgamesh is coming.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Once again, That is almost assuredly not the banner. I am predicting new units/base 5* Gilgamesh banner. Those are just the units that will have their 6 and/or 5 stars unlocked.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I don't play JP, but I think he is considered Luneth tier, without a more diverse skillset,but no innate dual weild. His TM, Genji Glove, grants DW as an accessory.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Hardbody posted:

I don't play JP, but I think he is considered Luneth tier, without a more diverse skillset,but no innate dual weild. His TM, Genji Glove, grants DW as an accessory.

That should be "With a more diverse skillset". He gets enhanced jump, a wind attack, and some other goodies.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
The banner units are usually announced on Tuesday or Wednesday. We should find out within the next day or two what the banner is.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Please Please Gumi give us maze and ill shower you in lapis. I have like 7 units or more to level right now.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Doublehand materia not stacking on global is a massive gently caress you from Gumi.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
If Brave Frontier taught me anything its that Doublehand not stacking is due to gross negligence on the part of Gumi, and not an intentional nerf.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Hey Shmtur and shark tower do you guys mind opening up a spot on your friends for me?

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

The man called M posted:

Accoding to the JP tierlist, quite a few.

But the only one of them that is out here Ramza.

Except.....Exdeath is quite a bit better than ramza?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I'm aware of how Altema ranks it's list. The question is: IS Exdeath the best mage on global right now? The answer is yes, and for a while until we get majin fina?

Talking about how Ramza compares now with far off enhancements is like talking about how DKC is really good.......... Once he gets enhancements. It has no bearing on the current Global meta.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Quotes from Legendary's thread https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5feihn/guide_a_diy_guide_to_answering_the_question_what/

"So Majin Fina. For us on Global (SPOILER) we just "met" her in the story, but we're still (obviously) unable to summon her.(END SPOILER) She's broken as gently caress and her mechanics transcend what we'll talk about here because she literally doesn't give two fucks about them and just does her own drat thing - which fits her in-game personality it seems.

Before enhancements - beyond having 5 -aga spells (thunder, water, stone, aero, bio), as well as graviga, she also comes with Ultima. However she gets an ability called "Dystopia" which is a "ramp-up" ability similar to comet - except it ramps to full power after 3 uses, and gets all the way up to 600% damage - for 45 MP per use...again this is before enhancements.

After enhancements - Yeah. She gets to chain Ultima. You heard me. Ultima becomes a 7-hit, 560% ability, for 45 MP. Now realize this only increases at +0.1x per chain as it's not elemental and can't take on elemental weapon properties either, but still. This is nuts. It's chainable, it's got great returns on MP now (Ultima normally costs 60 MP), and it looks awesome doing it.

Dystopia also gets beefed up, however, to a grand total of 910% after full charge, for 38 MP. Per users in this thread Dystopia has clear weaknesses (such as needing to be cast back-to-back-to-back, and her counters can break this). It is still, however, the strongest 1-hit magic attack in the game, at least for a long time (I haven't found anything stronger).

So. That's how she broke the game in JP. On to other normal mages."

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

wtb attack pots

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 2, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

It could be worse. He could have a Brave Suit. :getin:

Greg cant equip brave suit.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Vax you fucker accept my invite.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Maybe Noctis will be so good i wont have to wait on Orlandu.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Noctis has a lot more utility, Orlandu chaining with good Tms is still going to do a lot more damage from what I can tell.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Looking more at Noctis I'll probably daily pull only. I have 2 blade mastery/Sakura tms already and although I want mercedes and Noctis I dont think they are anything worth whaling over. I have the Tms to make Orlandu nuts and I think he is more valuable.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

So I finally capped on ATK pots and yea, there you go, BiS global Greg. I lose like 12 attack using deathbringer over Moon Blade, but i get Man eater.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
We really need gear loadouts in this loving game. Its retarded I have to gently caress over my friends list everytime I want to put Golem Staff on my Gilg for arena.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I love it when someone asks me to add them and then doesnt accept my request *Stares at SADirt*

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

I had my wife's account send you an invite. If a few other whale goons (or anybody really) could also send her an invite, she would be grateful.

added

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I cleaned up two inactive goons, 2 slots open.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Dear OP, Since the Goondoc is outdated as gently caress, maybe we should delete it and let the active players reenter their info? Its functionally useless as it stands.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
As long as the newer section is at the top, I'll Accept it.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Bleh, it's not loading correctly on my phone, I'll check it out when I get home in 30.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Honestly, It might be better if you create a new sheet, and label the sheets by date. Then just create a new sheet every 6 months.That way people can still copy and paste but its not as cluttered.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I just remembered trying to add people as someone who joined the thread only after it was remade. The list was like a 100 people long and half of them were kefka and Locke leads that havent been meta in months. Sorry if I came off as bitchy, I just figured cleansing and remaking it would help people out in the long run. If I came off as unappreciative of your efforts I apologize.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Locke is nowhere as useful as we once believed. Basically only upgrades the rarity of the drops in explorations or story. Its good, but not crazy good.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Sheet has been reworked: Each 4-6 period will just be a new sheet. All you have to do is copy your old info to the new sheet. Do us a favor and update the GoonDoc link if you would Payback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit#gid=1099281105

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Prioritize Cecil over Exdeath with your LB pots.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Reindeer tank has a TM that does MAG +50 and DEF +50. Wish that was a percentage instead of just standard points, but it's still good. Other than that, he's probably not that much better than Cecil, maybe? Guess we'll find out. Still, I don't think he's worth whaling for.

It being base magic is arguably better in the long run. Its already better on exdeath with L&A. Its an insane mage TMR.

gently caress this banner. I will not even daily pull. Cerius is super niche and green mage sucks because with a little bit of research you can just give Cecil the appropriate Bar- spell and dualcast it. If he is any good at all it will be for very few things. Medius is going to be crap. You cant salvage that. They both exist to eat your pulls.

I am pretty excited about the christmas raid though.

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 19, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I haven't seen him attack yet. He dies in one round of fire chains, or two if i use Vax's Bedile (tested it). Boss goes boom.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

PaybackJack posted:

So grinding out this event will take 74~ runs at ELT difficulty(counting the points for INT/ADV/PRO) , which at my NRG level will be between 15-16 NRG refreshes to knock it out in one go. Total NRG spent is around 1500, so that translates to 15% trust for 5 people, however since you're getting a handful of tickets, a bunch of 6* mats some above par gear, I'm calling this event a lot more worth it than the last one.

That said, the ELT is probably not a walk in the park for most people. I'm running it with 4x ExDeath and Lightning. With a Noctis friend I can take it down without too much issue, Noctis buffs my guys with Link, then debuffs with Thunder Flask while ExDeaths dualcasting Meteor and Lightning using barrage do the heavy lifting.

Have you tried dual casting Firaga on your forest and chaining it with fire flask and lighting fire aoe? Seems a lot easier.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Dual cast on Cecil is pretty drat nice. Being able to cast a Bar spell and a heal on the same turn or double curaja is so so good. I have Dualcast on him and refia both.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
This christmas banner is garbage, if you dont want to pull anymore on Noctis, just save them.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

deathbagel posted:

They really need to give us a 10 character mode so I can TM grind 10 guys at once. I have the following list so far...

Current:
Mercedes
Mercedes
Zidane
Zidane
Maxwell

Waiting in no particular order:
Ingus x 4 (have 7 so can speed this up by smashing a bit)
Mustadio x 14
Cecil x 3
Agrias x 2
Mercedes x 3
Locke x 4
Shantotto x 10
Kefka x 5 (have 8 so I can do some smashing to speed up the process since I'll only ever need 5 Ribbons)
Faris x 4
Kain x 7
Hayate x 3
Ludmille x 4
Chorizo x 2
Black Cat Lid x 5
Medius x 2
Terra x 2
Hope x 1
Arc x 1
Alma x 3 (probably only need 1 robe though)
Garnet x 1
Xiao x 1
Refia x 2
Celes x 4 (probably only need 1 or 2 of these)
Leo x 1

And tons of others like a dozen Lunas, a few russells. In retrospect I probably should have used my xmas bundle on TM grind refreshes, but I'm not very smart.

Maybe we'll get a New Years bundle.

I pulled another Kefka from my daily today, they no longer fit on the screen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

McSpankWich posted:

Hardbody smush the clowns

I'll very soon be farming Ribbons in groups of 4.

• Locked thread