Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
They made the event even worse by including it in the daily quests. Oh btw did I mention that bonus gears and clear reward gears do NOT go toward the 200 gears you need to collect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

WebDO posted:

I mean, they can't make it TOO easy, that's FIVE lapis

five NRG, not even lapis! Then again you need it to complete for 50 lapis so still loving poo poo :(

I ran all 5 areas through ELT and I got 198 gears so I have to run another one......no I am not salty not in the least

Edit: on a lighter note PRO goes down in less than a minute with chaining thundaga and a Luneth finisher on the boss so at least running with speed isn't an issue

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 2, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Vax posted:

Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

I normally would be angry at this, but today's 1/2 was my first Zidane :toot:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Anyone else running gears notice friend units not giving their bonuses (again - happened on corn)?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

I just shoved a bunch of huge rear end +HP pots right up Refias:

Bring it on whale bitches! :black101:

Ohhhhh too bad we can't watch battles when you are chosen - I would LOVE to see wtf happens when others try to fight you with Beefia.

Also is there any future reason to hoard megacrysts? All this leveling is giving me stacks of lightning megas and dunno if they can just be sold.

Edit: fine alacrysts too. I don't need keys at all and got well over 100 taking space.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 4, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
After a lot of paranoia and over-prepping I finally gave ELT Greg a shot and it ended up easier than I thought it would be considering I was missing some components like provoke and had to use Lenna instead of a maxed Refia. I am the proud possessor of another moogle.

vvvvv - highly doubtful. In fact global made this event seemingly shittier than the JP one on purpose, so I do not expect any favors from them at all outside of maybe Lightning gets a 100% gear boost.....possibly.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 4, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

KataraniSword posted:

This event is really trash and your lapis would be better spent in literally any other way.

Trouble is that I need the 6* mats for 2 CoD and Refia at the very least. Thing is as bad as this event is IT CAN GET WORSE so I will grind em up in the second week hoping Waifu gets a 100% bonus. If not then I guess I grind more =/ Not that I am going to spend lapis on this event outright, but I might do 2 full dungeon quests when NRG gets down to get 100 lapis then use that to refresh, rinse repeat. Hopefully not though.

Also after hitting a gigantuar in my first pass through pro I have not hit another one since - we are talking ~40 runs ish. THIS EVENT SUUUUUUCKS

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 4, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

MrLonghair posted:

What do you do with the arena pots you've force-received for reward, dump on whatever best you have from the Altema ratings? That'd be WoL from what I have.

Use them on the appropriate 6* capable units, so for WoL I would think any DEF or HP ups you could put on him.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

Pots stick even on awakening. It's why people pot up Cecil's LB to 10 before making him 4*.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Ratzap posted:

I've read a fair bit but I have a question about which units to concentrate on. My current team is

Vann 5*, Demon Rain 6*, Bartz 5*, Rydia 5*, White Witch Fina 6*

I have pretty pish equipment (I only started playing a month or so ago) and they're still 20 or 30 levels from maxing out. In terms of other significant units I have Arc, Refia, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Black Cat Lid, Zidane, Tellah, Faris.

Am I missing some kind of 'must have' types or can I build a strong team with a combination of these?

You have a pretty strong team there. Demon Rain/CoD/(Vaan for break or 6* Bartz)/Refia/ExDeath is certainly good enough to get through anything we have had so far with a good friend joining you - this includes any of the events.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Armitage posted:

Time to do awakening dungeons for crystals for my exdeaths...

*sees one monster instead of the normal two* *gives up* what a waste of energy.

Why does that happen anyway? Really, isn't there supposed to be two monsters per round in these dungeons? Every time there's one monster, I only get one item and it's never a crystal.

EDIT: looks like PRO is fine, maybe that's the best source for these crystals now? I liked the energy efficiency of the INT level, but if it's gonna be like that, well, guess PRO it is then

Personal experience is that INT gives about 1 sacred crystal per run average - some runs give none, and I have had as many as 4 in one run. This is with the single monster rounds and everything. Just clicking INT, then hitting auto, then collecting loot.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

Ramza 6 Star (Learns Ultima)
Total Stats: HP: 4813 MP: 318 ATK: 302 DEF: 291 MAG: 754 SPR: 348

I have got to get me one of these!

Edit: bah double post, Ramza got me excited!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
My pulls since this event started have been Zidane and Sazh x 3. They really want me to grind dem gears.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Tipme posted:

Same, then I realized siren has attack song, so I just put her on one of my sazhs and everything is easy again.

Never thought of this - been doing runs with sazh x 2 and vanille along with Luneth and ExDeath and friend and it gets pretty hard unless friend is pretty beefy.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
1/2 pull was CoD #3. I can see using two but not three so ummm he gets squished? TM isn't a priority I don't think?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Nice! gumi sure has got their poo poo together!

After all this what will be broken when it comes back up? Last time something hosed we had infinitarena. This time.....how about all pulls default to rainbow? :)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deathbagel posted:

I am saying right now that if they give us a free Bedile with a road cone for a hat as compensation, I'm sticking all of my TMs on him and making him my permanent friend unit.

With your quote being permanently undergoing maintenance

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

m.hache posted:

ChenSA, you've had a level 11 Gaffgarion as your friend unit for a few weeks.

No idea if you're still playing but change it up or I'll have to unfriend you :v:

Sidenote: 1 Spot for a 500 ATK Elza. 112,302,437

Fixed. Never figured that there was a way to set up a permafriend unit. You were seeing me running a TM party when gaff was up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deltah posted:

How long does it take to grind a TM if you let it go constantly with refills? I'm thinking about buying the christmas bundle and getting on the TM train. I enjoy pulling but at this point unless its a 5* base my team is fine.

For TM's, I have 2x Ludmille / 4x Zidane (ya ya I know). I can't decide whether to just get these out of the way or focus on making my Luneth as strong as possible. For Luneth I can farm katana mastery / sakakatana / excalibur ... then not so sure ... maybe Maxwell?

If anyone needs a ~500 ATK Luneth: 660,234,922

If the goal is to kit out a DPS machine - in your case Luneth? - then all the DW/DC can wait. I would do your list of sakurafubuki/Power of creation/blade mastery/SECOND SWORD (excal/StQ/Moonblade/etc.) and the fifth be a dualcast unless you already have one then DW. Having your healer get two shots at whatever is needed is very powerful for whatever we are getting right now in events and arena whenever DC isn't banned.

Or you have a Luneth - toss him in there for his celestial gloves?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 27, 2016

• Locked thread