Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh poo poo. Gilgamesh is here. Gonna have to try to get the man in my party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pulled 15 times with tickets, got 4 Exdeaths, a Bartz, and two Faris. No Gilgamesh but thems the beats. Still gonna half off pull though.

How good is Doublehand, or should I just like TM farm with two Bartz and fuse em? I know Bartz himself isn't terribly special at 6*

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Is the special Lightning only ability worth picking up or should I just grab four Attacker materia?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So wait should I be afraid to do TM farming on memu? I've only done a little so I'm not really sure what qualifies as need to be scared.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

If I have a pile of Bartz laying around its safe to smoosh them together yeah? Doublehand seems decent but badly outclassed by dual wield.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Shoenin posted:

who or what is Ariana Grande

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Are multiple CoD worth keeping around? I have 5 Exdeath if I really want some kinda goofy arena squad, I feel like.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I still don't know what an Arianna Grande is

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Man, I hope this pays off for the folks that make this game. Seems like an insanely big gamble for a little game to put so many eggs in the whatever tier celebrity this chick is. They seemed to put a lotta effort into this.

Google says she hangs onto Nicki Minaj, who I also barely know but she hung on Kanye, who hung off of Jay Z, etc, so I hope this doesn't end up totally pear shaped. I think it's really dumb because I don't think the idol poo poo in Japan carries over to the US but I ain't gonna stop playing over it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Dias posted:

She hit #1 and #2 on Billboard Hot 100 multiple times, both in US and Japan. I guess that plus her fitting the idol look and being interested in Japanese stuff is why they're working together.

Well perception of good music loving sucks and has for a while then holy hell

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Dias posted:

Pop music is mostly trash and has always been. The music you like is also garbage. That's just how these things work.

Incorrect. The music I listen to is cool and handsome and very sexy.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Wait do I listen to grindcore or dad prog rock based off of your response and am I a hipster

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Dias posted:

God if I know OR care.

That's pretty badass...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I've done my TM farming pretty badly but I'm committed to completing my first wave of them no matter what. I didn't ever get a Zidane so I did Cecil, Xiao, Kain, and two Lunas. I got Barrage and Cecil, so now it's three Kains I'm gonna smoosh together and grinding Maxwell.

I finally got a Zidane though and feeding him moogles so eventually I'll have dual wield for like Firion or Chiziru or CoD, whatever is best with Lightning.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Dias posted:

...you just made a post about having better taste because you like fringe stuff. You can't be that dumb. Anyway, this is not the forum for this, so?

You're taking a lot of this very joking music talk way too seriously, man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As long as you are being yourself you are cool. :)

Thanks, friend.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 5, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Squall was Gackt as well.

Pretty sure a lot of people despised Squall too but I didn't play 8. Told Laguna (?) should have been the hero

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So different comment here but how much stronger is Fina over Exdeath any who? Like, if significantly so I'll probably throw some tickets.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Is Seven any good? I got her and one of the other 50% guys

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The dancing chick seems like a good TMR, the dagger looks pretty strong

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mischalaniouse posted:

I hate that people do that poo poo. Like, it doesn't benefit people at all to trick you into losing to them.

Gonna be honest, if I had four Noctis I'd probably hide them behind Rain because that would be pretty goddamned funny.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Two golds today from a free summon and a half off and it was loving Lani and Gilbert. loving lmao

Last two golds were Refia duplicates :mad:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

What the hell qualifies as an ability? You can only use auto attacks or what?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Folks on reddit are largely saying Cid is overhyped at this point, is that true? He still sounds pretty drat dumb.

E: Specifically, Cid is on par with global exclusives according to reddit

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 31, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I just hope they follow the thing they do with Brave Frontier where you can pick a unit and get it for free with no strings attached. Cloud looks hype but I'm sure he's gonna be in a pool of Really Bad Units

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

hagie posted:

They did only show just Cloud right? You would think if they released them in a cluster you would likely see Barret and Tifa or what ever combination of the FF7 crew. Probably make more off the people wanting to whale though.

I have found that Undermine doesn't fully stick on this guy and most of the time a second swipe is needed to get all 4 stats.

I still can't find out why my Lenna loses roughly 2000 hp on Nian's first round. 230+ SPR, muscle belt, once I used the Survival edges to boost hp too, Cheer, protectga and/or shellga, barfira, barthundra, boss undermined/full break, no Siren or Shiva equipped...goes from 2400 to 750 after first volley. Curaga then splash some extra cure to get her pumped back up...start over. And I even tried this with her with Ramuh equipped. I essentially end up taking away damage to keep her in the game. Once she's down it's practically a loss leader.

I think there's another base 5* unit and two 4* units in the draw with him from what they said on JP? Not fully sure

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Nuebot posted:

I forgot the rabbits even show up. I've just been wrecking the hardest difficulty as fast as possible for the 200+ candy.

Stupid question but what are you using to straight auto through it? I've got a Lightning with Excalibur and a dual wield on my CoD but I wasn't sure. I'm not too enthusiastic about having to set like a full page of casts and grinding out four bazillion candies

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Huh, got a Blue > Gold > Rainbow for the first time and it's a Mustadio. If I didn't have Lightning and a good team set up long ago I'd probably be pretty pissed about this

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That is like a S tier screencap, gonna be honest man.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

okay, this fight is kinda bullshit if you are trying for the not white magic route and don't have one of the healers that heal through abilities

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You can spend down your friend points at long last!!!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Use one less Exdeath?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I was under the impressions she was worse than Exdeath...but that works.

I mean double cast Ultima is incredibly strong, way more so than Meteor but doesn't chain. She seems pretty drat strong and can wear traditional mage gear, something Exdeath totally can't do.

Server seems down again though, I was blasting through friend points

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Is there something other than the Generics Summon now?

Well no, but it doesn't stop you anymore when you summon past your box's threshold so you can spam summon them

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

My free pull had two golds that were both Garnet, that Bladeblitz rear end in a top hat, two Vivis, a bunch of duplicate Vaans and some other hot garbage. It's fine because I got a lot of good stuff already, but I was hoping for maybe a rainbow somethin'. Ah well!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Figured it out!

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 25, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah, I threw memu into some other drive and it took me a sec to figure out where the hell it was housed. I figured it'd be macros-something, but yeah, got it working just fine :)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

For whatever reason I decided to burn 5 tickets:
Hayate
Rydia
Cyan
Lani
ZIDANE :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Strongly tempted to just burn 10 moogles and master dual wield right now, but I'm not sure who I'd use it on. CoD with lunar pestle + thorn mace I guess? (Locke is only 28.8% farmed up for a rising sun)

e: I do have firion but 0 snows so I'd be running excal/kaiser, black hood, 2 bracers, and shine/maxwell/shera TMs. All of which would need to be farmed still.

do it up, worst case scenario you have a very annoying jerk in Arenas now that you give CoD the golem staff and barrage and petrify half of the enemy team (or the loving cecil blocking all the time)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Well poo poo, my last pull on this banner with a half off was Olive. So how do I gear this gun shooting lady and how does she work with Lightning? Do I wanna skill pot her?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 2, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I wouldn't lose heart too much, man. He's a pretty drat solid unit. Who's your other 5*?

Besides I think I gotta give you a high five because we both drew 5* today! And I dunno if Olive is better than Ramza but I'd bet this whole enhancement thing is gonna happen sooner for him than her. Solidarity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

565 attack lightning here :downs:

• Locked thread