Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe add a section about what's available in the cash store, what gives you the most bang for your buck, and how to whale :shepspends: properly.

For example, sometimes the bundle chests are worth getting, other times buying Lapis directly is the better choice. Buying keys is never worth it, you get plenty from events and not every chest is critical to open.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

I wish BE had that visit feature some gacha games have, so that I could purge pubbies more effectively. I can never tell which idiots have good units but don't know about the fixed leader feature and which ones just have bad units and deserve to be deleted.

Always use the favorites feature when you land a whale. Especially a goon whale.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't think the OP has the most efficient way to get Hole/Sacred Crystals, that's my major roadblock right bow.

Chamber of awakening Pro. You might get six to drop or you might get none. All up to the whimsy of the RNG.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We all just got paid, check your inbox if you ranked in the arena last week.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

New players, make sure to try the arena at least once a week, even if you lose. It earns you a mini tough pot and 5 arena summon tickets.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

aherdofpenguins posted:

What exactly is the gacha rehaul?

11 pull will guarantee at least a single 5 star in the pull.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Is that so? I didn't remember hearing that part of it.

The important parts, though, are:
  • All units will be equally weighted in their rarity tier; no longer will you be more likely to pull Bediles and Shadows and Lanis than you are Exdeaths and Firions and Bartzes
  • A gold crystal will always be a base-4*, a rainbow crystal will always be a base-5*. No more getting Gold Shadowned.

Thus, whatever guaranteed 4*s/5*s you get will actually be units of at least decent worth.

Oh, I guess I misread it earlier in the thread, your probably right and I'm wrong. Besides, we are global and therefore hosed anyway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

I know, Vortex Pro, and pray.

Might get 5 or you might get none.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gold star Bedile, gently caress this game, etc, etc.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I haven't seen metal gods in a week

Sorry I just took all of the Karma today.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When I beat Maxwell the other day, I burned a ticket on the banner in thanks and was rewarded with Tilith #2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shark Tower posted:

Not 5* based. 3 Bediles out of 5.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Well that's stupid. Thanks for answering!

Stupid for us, but it has to do with cash purchases in the in App Store for Apple and Android. They don't want you buying something on one store and using it on another platform.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So star quartz are dropping pretty regularly and I already bought two earrings. Is the black belt worth it? (Def 15 + counter)

I have Lightning and Luneth who both have counter innate. Is it worth getting for Cecil? He doesn't really hit hard, but the 15 DEF is nice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Last Rydia was pulled this morning. Team space rocks go! (After I get them leveled.)

Of course this now irrelevant with exdeath getting 6 stars.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Armitage posted:

With Thanksgiving coming up, I wish they would edit some units to have a Thanksgiving Theme. Bedile in a pilgrim outfit and hat please, thanks. :lol:

Soon as they dress Fina up in a sexy Pocahontas outfit, the internet would scream about unjust cultural appropriation.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A ticket is equal to 500 Lapis, the cost of a single pull. The smaller bundle is worth it, the larger one not so much, in my opinion.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I didn't even notice the new trial was up and it's 30 NRG to enter. I just burned all my NRG elsewhere too... :geno:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Antonella was a fun long grind, no way am I'm going back for the missions anytime soon. Bring elixirs and your best Ethers. I ran my Lightning, Luneth, Refia, and dual tanks Cecil and WoL. Keep full break up as you tackle each part one at a time. Start with the upper right target, then work your way down. Save the inner target for last or it will rage nuke your team.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guide for the bridge is up.
https://exviuswiki.com/The_Big_Bridge

quote:

This is an exploration event which requires no farming. Simply clear all stages to obtain all the rewards. You can't use Lapis revive to continue after being defeated in any of the stages. There are no chests and the exploration map is a straight line, shared between all stages, with the second half exclusive to the ELT version.

Elite missions:

Complete the quest
Party of 5 or less (Companion included)
Use 3 or more limit burst
Clear without an ally being KO'd

20 Lapis for completion, 10 for each mission. Bring Hypers to boost your LB, but none of this sounds crazy like the Maxwell fight. Gonna crank this out and then get back to the story.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh this is gonna be a fun week in the arena. :getin:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm running Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, Kefka, and Arc as my arena team until I can get Exdeath leveled to 100. Then Kefka gets benched.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

The 1200 lapis bundle seems ok value or am I retarded

A summon ticket is worth 500 Lapis, or the price of a single pull. In general, I don't think a deal is worth it unless the cost of a pull goes below 500, like the 350 Lapis bundle is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tried elite with only 5 and was able to clear, but the no-death mission is impossible. gently caress that, 10 Lapis can kiss my rear end, I'm not coming back for that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AegisP posted:

The only things that have been nerfed so far are Doublehand, and Maxwell's Trial. The latter was a very minor nerf (the encounter in JP begins with a Genesis as soon as the fight starts, and she has small ticking damage to your party members occasionally), so it's looking like the Doublehand nerf is an exception. Antonella's Trial, for instance, is buffed from JP, but that makes sense because we're a few months late on getting the Trial.

So they're adjusting Trials/Fights specifically to incorporate differing release schedules, but as we catch up with JP, this is likely to lessen.

Don't forget that they increased the Bedile and Shadow drop rates for global. :frogout:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

Gumi has an event in thier facebook page where you get a summon ticket and some gigatuars if you're over rank 15 and post a screenshot of your character page. It lasts until 12/8
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/race-to-rank-15/692786827549867

Hmmmm ..... :effort:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh hey, hello recipe for attack +10%! Forgot you were available in the new story content.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've been working on completing missions and I just beat the Golem fight twice. It counted as two exploration quests for my dailys. :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can somebody tell me what a killer shark is doing in the forest in the middle of a snow storm?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well alright then.

Carry on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I always thought LB = Limit Break. Why is it called Limit Burst in FFBE? Did any other FFs call it Limit Burst?

I think it was Burst in Brave Frontier, so it's a nod to the previous game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dual cast Refia is complete. Am I gearing her right? I went all in on spirit.

I added 5 slots to my friend list, so if any new players want a cheat mode healer, send me an invite!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok I took everybody's suggestions and came up with dual cast cheat mode Refia 2.0:

She now has three HP+15% materia alongside her dual cast. With the muscle belts, she should be less squishy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Her dualcast curaja is hitting for 3,000 to 3200 HP a character.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Great minds think alike!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is the only horror in the game.

Stay focused people.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Team cheese whiz!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

Arena is yet another thing that makes me go "meh" and feel bad that I'm not doing the optimized thing. It takes so long comparatively tho! And it's boring!

As long as you can stay under 30,000 rank, Arena is fine. It's really not worth whaling/Lapis refresh to get in the top 3k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget, today is the last day of the monthly arena rankings before it resets.

• Locked thread