Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Mile'ionaha posted:

I just wanted a second Exdeath...

:negative:

Kefka gets six stars and you got another dual cast TM materia to grind. It's not that bad a pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Vax posted:

Just discovered this Exceed Ring stuff. Totally ridicolous.

Exceed Ring, +30% HP/MP and +50% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR

"The original threads assumed incorrectly that the monarch/dominion ring material drop rates were 20% like fine alcrysts. The actual rate is closer to 1%." (To craft one ring) "you are looking at 903 Hero Rings (along with 8100 Dark, 8100 Light Megacryst) on average for ONE Exceed Ring."

Okay.

It only exists to give the whales something to drool over and spend money towards. Not gonna happen in any of our lifetimes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Vaan gets a sixth star later on, Faris does not.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
For iOS users that have a costco membership, they are selling $100 iTunes gift card pack (4x$25) for $85, limit of 3. Think of all the Shadows and Bediles that can buy!!

Also, the cash store still has the Black Friday $50 Lapis bundle that grants 10,200 Lapis. If bought twice, it grants more than the $100 Lapis bundle.

:shepspends:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
It's usually not too bad to grind, though the last event had some major bullshit in the form of the RNG refusing to spawn the metal gods that dropped the most Karma. I'm hoping this new event doesn't do that, but it may be the new norm...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Dana Crysalis posted:

:smug:

But no, I kitted her out like this for your Antonella needs (I have a second Bracer), feel free to gimme a yell on Discord if I don't have you added and I'll make room.

And yeah, I actually don't have anything better than Demonic Life yet. Working on Maxwell and Karl.

e: and she's on Ifrit for another Plant Killer.

The ATK +10% recipe is in the water temple silver chest.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Cause I won the right to go first...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

LizardBeam posted:

So are TM macros more or less required to be anything but a scrub? And they don't like ban folks for it?

I started a while ago casually, but I have 6* Exdeath, Cecil and Refia now, and waiting on mats for CoD and Gilgamesh (I got really lucky, which is nice, he is my favorite FF character.) I am just feeling a bit cagey about botting.

It is entirely possible to be a manual player, here is my A team and I've never once macroed.

But I will admit to dropping cash in the Lapis store once or twice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Monthly rankings just reset.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Vax posted:

Given that they are doing this bonus event crap again it's just not worth pulling on this banner at all amirite?

Depends on how bad the bullshit of the RNG dropping the required King Mog mats and what you want from the store. I'm budgeting up to five tickets, but I may not bother at all. Gonna wait and see how bad it is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Gill bundles in the store...not sure if it's worth it but most of us should have a poo poo ton of gill at this point.

Oh hey, finally snagged Faris on my .5 pull. I should make a team of multi colored waifus. I think I got enough for a sailor moon episode.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 1, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh hey, finally snagged Faris on my .5 pull. I should make a team of multi colored waifus. I think I got enough for a sailor moon episode.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Chen Kenichi posted:

Arena is broken for me in a good way. I have full orbs even after running it 5 times and no lapis refreshes!

Yup. I'm guessing they will take the game down for emergency maintenance soon. Spend your medals while you can in case they take it away or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I think the Gumi staff have gone home for the day.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I'm still going strong.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Just cleared a medal board completely since this started.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The SA naughty list.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Yeah it's fixed now. Gonna be interesting to see if they take things away.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
My orbs just reset but I'm getting lots of connection errors and can't get the arena to load. I want back on the rollercoaster...

:psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Armitage posted:

Okay, good, I'd like those.

Now for Leo and his TM Aegis Shield. Is it a good to TM reward to farm multiples of or is it safe to combine him?

It's pretty rare that you need dual tanks, but there has been a few situations. I used Cecil and WoL on the Maxwell fight, but it was mostly because WoL had full break.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Lol 5 times in the arena equals 100 Lapis. Wash rinse and recharge.

All aboard the arena coaster again!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I'm tapping out for the night, can't keep my eyes open any more.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Look for the RNG to randomly spawn Metal Gigantaurs into the round that drop lots of gears. It's the same poo poo as the BF event...

:smith:

I put my lovely Sazh up as my companion, and I encourage everyone to do the same if you get one. Here we go again...
:suicide:

Lightning has to be on banner next week, so save your whaling till then. She has an exclusive materia in the King Mog store. My hope is that they will turn on her bonus at that time...but this is Gumi we are talking about.... :argh:

Took me 3 tickets and a 1/2 pull to get Sazh, and I'm done with this banner. I'll 1/2 pull all week, but that's it. I'll grind this crap, but I'm not going to bother with any Lapis NRG refreshes till I see what next week brings.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 2, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The event is nice enough to drop sacred crystals and megacite. But that's like polishing a turd.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Go RV! posted:

So, wait, is this how all the grind events are going to be going forward?

Yes. Never forget that the makers of these games are drug pushers. They get you hooked, then up the bullshit till you start spending money.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The metal gigantaur seems to spawn more frequently than the metal gods did, but you get less event currency so it probably evens out. I am getting a decent drop rate on sacred crystals so it's not all bad.

It's all bad, stay away from this poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Morale Talisman is a garbage accessory. You should be casting Cheer/Embolden with your healer anyway turn one, which overwrites Brave. Thus, the Morale Talisman is a glorified Hyper Wrist, that's harder to make than a Hyper Wrist. The only niche case for Morale Talisman is in the Arena when stat buffs are banned, but given that this event is incredibly stingy with event currency, it's really drat hard to justify spending the energy on a Morale Talisman.

Morale Talisman requires 10 Entrancing Tails and 10 Menacing Wings. At 80 apiece, that means you need 800 gears for the tails, 800 for the wings, for a total of 1600 gears. ELT stage gives ~100 gears. If you're lucky enough to have two Snows or a Snow/Vanille, that's ~250 gears. So you're looking at anywhere from 7 to 16 runs for the necessary gears.

The ELT stage costs 13 NRG. That means you are spending 91 to 208 energy for an accessory that's good for one character for one week, and probably not that often, as I assume they've got a lot of arena conditions, so maybe every few months at best?

Yeah, it's not worth it. It's garbage.

FInal Fantasy Brave Exvius Global: Yeah, it's not worth it. It's garbage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, should I keep Sazh as my shared leader, or go back to Lightning?

If you've got a whale Lightning, keep that for the goons who struggle with ELT. If it's subpar, then go for Sazh. I'd prefer your Sazh, but I came handle elite with no problems.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

KDdidit posted:

At least 12 pulls last banner: No Exdeath. First pull this banner: Exdeath. :iiam:

Otherwise known as doing a Fenrir.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Lol, I hit the SPR cap with Refia and can't feed her anymore SPR pots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
It's pretty scummy, but par for the course from Gumi. Others have said it earlier in thread, just prepare yourself to not get everything and don't get too mad about it. We might get some relief next week if they turn on Lightning to 100% bonus and add a new fight that drops more gears.

Or we might get hosed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I bought 10 more friend slots if anybody needs help. I'm currently running Vanille which gives a 75% bonus instead of lovely Sazh. If they unlock Lightning next week I'll switch to her.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I got enough gears today and started crafting the fist...even though I don't have Snow or anybody that can make good use of it...

:shepface:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Got Locke #4.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I wish I could trade one of my extra Lockes for a Zidane.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
We just got paid for our monthly arena ranking, check your inbox.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I just shoved a bunch of huge rear end +HP pots right up Refias:

Bring it on whale bitches! :black101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Dias posted:

2.2% to Dualcast #1! Which will promptly get stuck on either Cecil or Refia!

Refia. Dualcast full life owns in arena.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
If we get Lightning at 100% bonus like expected, you can Lightning duo the whole thing with chain Lightning blitzes. Then you can stack the other slots with the rest of the crew and hope to get some gigantaurs to spawn.

But with all that unless they add a new fight with more gears you're not going to get everything without Lapis refresh. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Revvik posted:

Pulled Snow. He worth a poo poo beyond his terrible event bonus and good TM?

Put him as your friend so we can take advantage of his 75% bonus.

15,000 gill for a sacred crystal? Yeah let me think about that one real hard...
:frog:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 4, 2016

• Locked thread