Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Palleon posted:

Has anyone actually tried using Shadow's throw with an excalipoor? Maybe that's the secret to F2P trials, it secretly does millions of damage because who would even try it?

Unfortunately it doesn't work. There are only very select items that can be thrown and they are all rear end, otherwise I'm sure the whales would find a way to exploit it.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Speaking of Ecalipoors, you can restock them again, the Bridge is open.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Mile'ionaha posted:

Kinda funny how Seria's TM is super good, hazily BiS for defensive purposes, and Karl is mediocre with a side of " maybe one day they will fix hybrid damage"

( I say Hazily because obviously some fights are going to heavily prioritize just physical or just magic damage)

Between Karl and Shine, his TM was BIS for DPS unless you were lucky to snag a Luneth.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
There was some reason we kept running the bridge over and over but I can't remember. Was it quick and easy rank experience?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

BDawg posted:

So, we're not getting 6* WoL or Rikku this month? Nice.

FFX is the 29th. No idea about WOL.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Heads up. Gronoa part 2 starts on Thursday but 1/2 cost NRG for story missions doesn't start till Friday. Don't get :gumi:-ed...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir got another rainbow

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Somebody has created an official pain and anguish simulator. Click here to simulate the upcoming 11 pull with guaranteed 5* unit...

Now only click it once just like for real!

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/1st_Anniversary_Celebration

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Am I allowed to :tinfoil: post about how Gumi is gonna gently caress with the 5* drop rates by boosting Ace and Delita and reducing Cid, Olive, etc?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Kelsus runs until the end of July.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
So the odds of getting a rainbow on a given 11 pull are normally 14%, so some of us should be able to pull 2 rainbows, theoretically. (Unless Gumi fucks with it some way...)

A lot of my test pulls on the simulator come back with two. Got three once or twice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Scrublord Prime posted:

So yeah, the first post after they add the guaranteed 5* 10+1 will be somebody posting about how they pulled two Aces and an Ace :v:

I'm sure you meant this.^^^^

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Don't be surprised you get a good chunk of Lapis in your inbox tomorrow. As part of the quality of life patch upgrades, they are eliminating all crafting time and refunding the cost of the crafting slots. I can't remember if they said whether or not they would issue refunds to you if you paid the ransom to instant craft...but I think they will.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Kheldarn posted:

One of the in-game annoucements said something about increasing some default slots. I don't remember if it was Units, Friends, Items, Materials, or what, just that I saw it. :corsair:

Units by 50.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Oh good, we get to see the kissing Finas every time we want to play the game for the next couple of months.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
FInal Fantasy Brave Exvius: Kissing the physical manifestation of your bipolar condition is not incest, its hot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Marie is all set for the turbo Maxwell fight tomorrow. I fixed my lovely Carbuncle esper so it now has cura and therefore Marie can roll with a staff of wrath instead of a healing staff.

Hit "Love you all" and send her Light resistance up to 200%, lol.

Cleared some space so send me an invite if you lurk the thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
If you bring a Cid to Maxwell ELT, don't equip an Excal on him. I took a friendlandu who had deathbringer instead and his Divine Ruination was loving up Max. He can be used to keep ATK/MAG break up which is required to survive. His cleansing strike can generate orbs.

If you want the no deaths achievement, then you absolutely must be paying attention to the number of turns and gaurd every fifth turn when she uses destiny. Make drat sure you got ATK/MAG break up on the previous turn too. Finally always remember to dispell her ATK buff when she uses sacred song, though not at the expense of failing to guard the fifth turn.

Honestly, a lot is RNG dependent like our old tumult friend...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
If you haven't played through the latest story content, consider this your anime trigger warning. It pretty much turns into a shonen tournament.

If you want all the mission achievements, you'll want all the main characters awoke to max and leveled...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Nuebot posted:

Wait, what?

The long awaited Final Fantasy 10 banner comes out next Friday. Tidus is the rainbow base 5 hard to get pull. He's a great DPS unit, maybe not quit as good as Cid and Aileen, it gets subjective at these high levels. Rikku is the gold base 4 pull and is the real prize of the banner. Her LB has a full party auto-revive for three turns that will instantly bring back to life any killed unit to 80% of their health. It's insane and whole boss strategies are built around abusing that mechanic. Most of us won't stop pulling till we get her.

Wakka is the troll pull, gently caress Wakka.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

HGH posted:

"I'll be waiting in the valley ahead" *world map pans from one edge of the screen to the other*
I never liked the icon placement for levels on the map. Sometimes it feels like there's too much dead space.

I love how when they get to Dirnado to find the wind shrine, all they had to do was go north after the Maranda Coast to get there. Instead they go around in circles, the absolute longest way possible.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Someone please tell me not to be stupid, and that even with half energy, farming fire shrine for Megacrysts is a terrible, terrible idea and no one should ever actually try for the Ring of Dominion.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/75246685

453 Hero Rings:
4530 Fire Megacrysts
4530 Ice Megacrysts
1359 Silver Ore

150 Monarch's Rings
3000 Earth Megacrysts
3000 Wind Megacrysts
1500 Light Megacrysts
1500 Dark Megacrysts

150 Domination Rings:
3000 Lightning Megacrysts
3000 Water Megacrysts
1500 Light Megacrysts
1500 Dark Megacrysts

150 Ruler's Rings:
3000 Light Megacrysts
3000 Dark Megacrysts
1500 Fire Megacrysts
1500 Ice Megacrysts

GRAND TOTAL: FOR 1 RING:
6030 Fire Megacrysts
6030 Ice Megacrysts
6000 Light Megacrysts
6000 Dark Megacrysts
3000 Earth Megacrysts
3000 Wind Megacrysts
3000 Lightning Megacrysts
3000 Water Megacrysts
1359 Silver Ore

Plus or minus of course

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

The man called M posted:

Just wondering since there is no announcement, how is everyone so certain that the FFX banner is next?

They used this graphic at e3.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Cleared out some pubbies for all the new players that just joined, send me an invite. I'm going to switch out Marie after tonight and go back to my Maxwell that can solo the Vargas fight. (It takes him two turns of Destiny, but he gets it done.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

BDawg posted:

Is the 11-pull with a guaranteed 5* after maintenance this week or currently running?

This is the graphic they used during their e3 presentation. It is expected that this will cost Lapis, probably 5,000.

Check the summon simulator for it to see how often you can pull Delita and Ace.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/1st_Anniversary_Celebration

Here's my hot garbage pull just now...

:barf:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 26, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
This is Rikku's shopping list for Friday.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

CyberLord XP posted:

Getting mighty close to the end of June for the whole "6* WOL will be in June thing."

We didn't get an in game ad for the FFX banner either. They probably didn't want to have 10 in game announcements on the same day, so hopefully it gets announced tomorrow alongside FFX.

Or we've been trolled.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
In celebration of our fantastic game's one year anniversary we've decided to postpone the FFX event and the WOL six star awakening! Instead we are proud to announce the global exclusive FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event! Each week in July you can revisit the previous Type 0 events leading up to the fourth event at the end of the month!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
For no deaths you need to have everyone gaurd on every fifth turn when she casts Destiny. That's hard to survive if she decimates you on the previous turn, cause your healer can't heal and instead must gaurd. You also have to keep ATK/MAG break up when you guard, so you make sure it's not expiring on that turn. Make sure the Light Resistance buff doesn't expire then either.

You may have to have the squishier members of your party guard every fourth turn as well when she uses rune and sacred song.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
expedition.jpg

Put this in the new OP please.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Yeah, Gumi came through on everything. The only thing missing is the Ariana terrorist bundle. And while it still could make an appearance, I'm beginning to believe it fell through due to the logistics or coordination or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Also, don't forget that all the current content ends tonight when maintenance hits!

This includes the Brave Frontier banner, Vargas fight, and Maxwell fight. Today is the last day to get Maxwell. If you don't have it yet, I think Tenlade was working on developing a carry Noctis unit that when paired with a Xon can cheese the fight and get Diablos summoned, but I'm not sure if he got it working. It involves having Noctis jump and Xon hiding at strategic points.

The enchanted maze and the Gilgamesh bridge also go away.

Finally, today is the last day to claim any bikini clad waifus that you desire to add to your harem.. They go into the general pool, but their banner goes away tonight.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 28, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Incorrect, for SOME reason, the Summer units are permanent pool additions. Or at least, they are in JP.

Oh cool, I thought it was limited.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

We've been speculating on discord on what's in this and how much it costs. Somebody posted that the portal app announced a new bundle with 10k Lapis is coming soon. Historically when they call something the "adamantite" chest of whaling, it means $50 or more. In the normal Lapis store, $50 gets you 8500 Lapis.

Soooo,

I think a good guess is that this thing will come out at $50 for 10k Lapis plus all the items in the picture. Depending on the ticket count (3?) I may pay $60 for it. Not sure about $70 or more. If you're new to the game, wait for us to vet the bundle tomorrow before purchasing, Gumi has been known to make something look appealing when its actually a waste of money.

Edit: It was pointed out to me that the materia pictured above is probably auto-refresh.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Auto-Refresh

Kinda fits in with the "renewal" theme of the bundle.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 28, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Looking at the 5* units available to pull tomorrow, looks like there are about 11 out of 23 that are generally considered great pulls:

Orlandeu
Wilhelm
Noctis
Olive
Ramza
Marie(?)
Fryevia
Aileen
Reberta
Fohlen
Tidus

I put Marie as a ? because it seems to me that there have been other units that can do her role about as well as she does in most situations.

In the "meh" category where it is an OK unit but isn't really something to celebrate. Typically casters or units that are only wanted for their TMs:
Trance Terra
Rem
Gilgamesh
DK Cecil
Emperor

In the "Why does Gumi hate me" category, units that have either been completely made obsolete by power creep or were just never good to begin with:
Delita
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ace
Queen
Seabreeze Dark Fina

That look about right to more experienced people?

Marie is better than Minfilla in that she has better base stats. She also has dualcast built in which can be paired with Cura for backup healing. She has "turbo" imperil and can buff all elements by 50%. Her only weakness is not being able to buff Light or Dark to 70% like Minfillia can.

Oh yes, her Rainbow Robe TM is pretty much BIS for all robe users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Or If you could get two.

• Locked thread