Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Part of me feels the individual rewards for this raid are there to make us buy more unit slots.

Sure, I can free up space for 10 cactuars, but 20? 30? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PDQ Law posted:

Yes, Yshtola is better than Refia without dualcast. However, beyond the status effect case, Refia also has Embolden which boosts physical attack teams and complements Cecil's Focus. Yshtola only has defensive buffs of protectga and shellga.

Is there much of a reason to use Yshtola over dualcast Refia, besides situational need?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Decided to use 5 tickets to try for Xon.

Of course, I missed Xon. I did get a second Chizuru and then a second Orlandu.

Then I pulled 2 more and got Xon.

I think I'll be out of luck for a while.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KDdidit posted:

Throw a DKC on the pile from today's 300 lapis ticket

I got my 6th Zidane. Started fusing them.

Honestly, this is beginning to make up for rainbow garbage I got twice before they changed the rules.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Servaetes posted:

Yellow!

Mercedes! gently caress!

She's not that bad, a solid DD who brings a good TM. It helps if you have good axes though.

I haven't leveled mine because I have better.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Ugh... finally got enough Cactaurs to level my Xon to 6* and I'm 2 Rainbow Blooms short.

So tempting to pull the trigger on the 3000 lapis bundle.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Feel free to add me too. I have my Xon on now, but I'll be switching to a 929ATK Noctis or 815ATK Orlandeau.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

should I try to do Gilgamesh with only a few TMRs or should I spend my NRG catcing up on Gale keys and the like

The trial will keep right

at any rate

Here's my new 6* List

I'll update myself in the goondock soon (ish) (lol)

what's a good teamcomp

Have a dual wield and Excalibur for TMR. And Barrage.

You have that stable and haven't bothered with TMRs yet?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I racked up 6* mats through the king mog events and did a few every time cactuar dunes came up.

I've been starting to do TMR macro farming but I have trouble keeping it working when I'm not watching

Nox seems to crash too mcuh to be relied on and on my phone I don't know how to load macros for Frep, if that's possible, so poo poo like the daily quest reset fucks up my overnights

I've been using Memu for months with very few issues. I'd recommend giving that a shot.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Spent 12 tickets to get Setzer. On the way, I got no rainbows, but got my 3rd Xon, my 2nd WoL, 3rd Gaffgarion and 6th Zidane.

I also spent 500 Lapis on the daily bundle to get the Rainbow Blooms I needed to get Xon to 6*.

BDawg fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 20, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Langolas posted:

PS

TG Cid or Ice-Sword-Bitch chaining can kill the elite boss without issues. Im doing it with my near BiS tgcid and my 500atk tgcid.

Hopefully, I'll get another dual wield farmed soon so I don't have to switch with my 2nd with Arena Chiz.

I would've thought killing him with 1 920ATK Luneth and 1 low 800sATK TGC would work, but not every time.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Revvik posted:

That's how you 11-pull?

Not crazy-high MAG, but will work.

No success without Setzer.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tipme posted:

Put coral swords on your setzers imo, make my Olive hit bigger.

General benefit or just a synergy with Olive?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Do I use my last 2 tickets to try again for Setzer or TTerra, or hold them? Wishful thinking on my part...

I chased Setzer and stopped. He's a pretty good unit.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm sitting on 20 Fryevia Trust Moogles, knowing the day I sell them is the day I pull her. I can't be the only one, right?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
The problem with TGC and Dark Knight's Soul is that it activates off sword, not greatsword (wtf?).

You're better off with katana and Blade Mastery as your second weapon.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Mischalaniouse posted:

Unless you have the Mana Sword from Randi's TMR (which I do :smug:)!

I gave DKS and my Moonblade to Luneth. He gets sword bonuses, so it adds up.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Kefka wasn't hard at all, but that summon requirement is going to be tough, since I don't have a leveled Rydia or Garnet.

For reference, my team was,

CoD - Omniveil
Cecil - Provoke and backup heals
TGC - 938ATK
Milfinia - Stat boosts
Y'shtola - Heals
Friend TGC - 900+ATK

I still have Kenny Rogers as my friend unit, but I can switch to Orlandu if people want it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Holy crap it was rough getting the Kefka cheeves.

Eventually did it with CoD barraging and the triple attack from TGC and non-holy swords, finishing off with Void Vessels.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Servaetes posted:

I'm honestly not sure how I can get him down after summoning both carbuncle and diabolos considering how loving long it takes with a non holy Orlandeau and friend Orlandeau. I managed to summon both, then I guess I did practically no damage during his weak to holy phase. Kinda annoying

5 Void Vessels after he's weak to dark.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Scrublord Prime posted:

I thought the Great Mage's Robes gave +40 MAG&SPI and +30 DEF

Turns out I read it backwards, +40 DEF and +30 MAG&SPI :negative:

It's just the Cupid's Robes with +20 DEF and +20% MP instead of +20% Dark Resistance. (and being actual robes for Shard of Genius or Dark Fina's TMR which the Cupid's Robe isn't)

This FF6 event is bad

Yeah, I went to equip it and realized Siren's Robe was better.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Finished Kefka at around turn 38ish. That fight was loving AWESOME and the music was sick. It was pretty smooth sailing and nobody died (Y'shtola dropped to like 150 HP once though). My team was REALLY stacked: Cecil, Y'shtola, CoD, Noctis, Orlandeau + friend Orlandeau with everyone at a minimum of 5.9k HP.

How did you deal with MP? Did you just use a mess of pots?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Noctis's Cover kept everyone topped off. Y'sthola never went below max MP. I also had her and CoD in Vestments of the Mind for the MP regen.

So Vestments stacks with her innate refresh. Did not know that.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Why Cecil instead of Snow for the dragon? Just backup heals?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
All valid points. The undeniable counterpoint is "she has a dragon."

Just like Refia's trump card is "she hugs a chocobo." No. Better. Healer.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

HGH posted:

Free Summon: deClyned.

High five, free Clyne buddy.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
People on Reddit are talking about free TMs for banner characters for the event. Where are those in the event rewards, because I don't see it?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

jetz0r posted:

The raid gacha includes moogles for the 4 units on the banner.

Ohhhh... didn't even notice there's a gacha for this!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Tried and failed. Was looking for a friend Noctis for the refresh, but none had confuse resist.

My party was,

TGC
TGC
Snow
Milifinia
Refia
Friend Noctis

At the end, I was having to DC raise and curaja and got behind by the time flare 2 came. Maybe 2 healers is the way to go.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Tried again and took Golem off Snow... who doesn't have a native Provoke.

Hurf durf

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Apparently, 700ATK TGC can solo ELT? Nice.

It doesn't look like there's any gear/materia worth having if you don't pull a Rem though. Am I wrong?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Figured I'd throw 5 tickets at the banner for some Type-0 units to make gathering easier.

5* - and it's my 3rd Luneth. Thanks.
4* - Cool, another Vanille

Got 1 banner unit from the pulls, the 3*.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
How does Luneth look with enhancements? Is it worth it to level my 3rd?

Really wish there were a way to trade a 5* and some lapis for a 5* reroll (no samsies).

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I would run 3x Luneth in arena. He's a loving beast there, especially if you take off espers.

I don't know how useful Luneth 2 or 3 are. He's an incredible finisher with his enhancements but the opportunity to run 2 or even 3 finishers is rare unless you're building OTKO teams.

I run 2 in arena + Chiz since I use her stop on dodgers. The others on my team are Dark Fina and Ling/Y'shtola.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is there a way to fix the repeat summon issue? Just got my 3rd Elle in 3 days.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Khisanth Magus posted:

Holy poo poo, decided that since I got a bunch of lapis from completing the bahamut trial thanks to Fiss I'd do a 1/2 daily pull. Golden crystal, not bad...wait a minute, reforming to rainbow? Aileen, sweet.

Grats. I hate you.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CyberLord XP posted:

My Firion can solo this.

Guard for the first Megaflare, Drain blade until he's dead. Takes about 5 minutes. ID is 321,020,638 put goon stuff in your message and drop me once you're done.

Why does he not Megaflare again after 40%?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CyberLord XP posted:

Jean's Machine gun TMR is poo poo right? Since it's doublehanded we can't use DW or DH with it. Am I missing something?

I don't see an upside. I do like Rem's daggers, even without the refresh. The SPR boost is pretty good.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tipme posted:

Gumi will Make ELT raid not able to be solo'd by an orlandu to solve this in the future.

But it was being soloed by a lvl 1 Rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Varance posted:

Reminder: Only pull on this next banner if you're sick of waiting for WoL or want to grind Grace's TM (Magic Amplifier Acc: MP +20%, MAG +25%, SPR +25%).

Next three banners should be some combination of Tilith/Vargas/Elza, Swimsuit Fina/Dark Fina and Tidus/Rikku.

We may also get a fast-tracked FF14 event mid-July along with Stormblood release next month, which means a free Minfilia/Y'shtola/Yda/Papalymo from raid gacha/point rewards. We don't speak of Thancred.

Bowie Knife is pretty nice too, no?

• Locked thread