Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get Maxwell on my next attempt (5th). I was doing great with WoL, DK Cecil with barrage, Lenna stacked with HP, CoD, Lightning, and a friend CoD. Then Endless happened and I didn't block. Everyone was at full health, Maxwell had fullbreak applied with no attack boost, and I had protectga and shell up. Everyone but the friend CoD and WoL died. It was awful.

Edit: I could easily beat her if I weren't trying to summon, which I did manage to do before endless happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Oh that's the other thing, I did have omni veil up. Endless is just disgusting with its damage if you're not guarding.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks to Fenrir's CoD I managed to beat Maxwell and also get the summon achievement thing as well as there no KOs somehow. Oh and my game crashed like six times. Hopefully I don't get banned for it but uh, I can't really see someone unlocking Maxwell without that happening unless they have an absolutely perfect team.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Used four tickets, the 250 pull, and an eleven pull as my black friday shopping since that new 3ds that's a hundred bucks is sold out everywhere online already. I was hoping for Gilgamesh.

Anyway I got a second Warrior of Light (what do I do with him? His TM isn't great and I can't see myself needing two. I'll hold on to him for now though.)

Two Ex-Deaths. (I already had one) This is great cause I can win the Arena forever and ever.

Faris. I like Faris but I don't really need another full breaker. That's cool though!

Two Shantottos! More +30% mag TMs are good.

That's everything of note, but hey it's not a bad haul. I'll still hope for a Gilgamesh cause I want to have Dual Wield some day.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Wow, uh. Big Bridge Gilgamesh part two on ELT is a sudden jump in difficulty from the rest of the map. And his first fight on ELT. I might not be able to get the ten lapis for doing it with five peeps.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I have four Exdeaths because of this banner, so my arena team will eventually be insane. I have two Bartz now so I'll have some good TMs. I also got a lot of trash. But finally after a ticket every day, a half price every day, and three eleven pulls thanks to saving lapis and buying fifty bucks worth of lapis in the black Friday sale, I did it. I got Gilgamesh.

Finally I'll be able to slap dual wield on someone. Hell maybe I'll throw that and barrage on DK Cecil for physical events until I whale for Cid. Though without an Excalibur I won't reach his full potential.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I went to fight a rank 55 arena team that had a 1.5 ratio because the rank seems to determine the quality of their units. It turns out that you can have a 6* Luneth, Cecil, Lightning, Exdeath, CoD and be rank 55. That sucked. Almost wiped turn one with my lightning petrified and my Exdeath was silenced so I had no chance.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Maybe if everyone complains about the event on their Facebook page or something they'll be tempted to increase gear drops or something. As it is I did one half price pull to see if I could get lucky and get Snow or Vanille, but I didn't so this doesn't even seem worth grinding for summon tickets.

I'll just be doing the exp and awakening vortexes unless they give Lightning a bonus. If they give her a good bonus I can get the tickets and awakening materials. But unless they also boost the default rate (or add another dungeon that has better gear drops) there's no way I'm getting even the cheap moogle.

Even if I had a 150% bonus I'd be making 250 gears per run, which even with a generous 20 runs a day only nets me 5,000 gears. That's 70k gears in fourteen days, which basically means you can't get both moogles with the current rates without using lapis refreshes.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Looking at the japanese altema website for the game, it seems they added Onion Knight who is insanely good. Kind of. 158 base attack, natural dual wield, learns an ability that increases attack by 50% when equipped with a sword, a trust mastery which is a sword with 135 attack, and an ability called "onion cutter" which does 520% attack damage with twelve hits so it chains nicely.

The down side is he can't use than Onion Cutter move without that sword equipped, and apparently his other good attacks don't chain that well. There seems to be some heated debates regarding whether he is on the same tier as Orlandu or not from what I gather from the comments.

Also this event still sucks and if they don't do something about it on the second week I'm going to be very disappointed and very unlikely to drop any more money on this game.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

hey girl you up posted:

I hope Bobby Corwen becomes a playable character. Bobby is the best.

Realistically I bet we get Beatrix as a 5*-6* if they actually upgrade the FF9 characters. I don't think they'll actually end up doing that ever, though. Bobby Corwin and Black Waltz 3 would be the best though.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Tengames posted:

remember folks, when people in the discord chat pressure you to pull, do it

I was scrolling slow enough to laugh at the top row, then saw the second row and would like to extend my congratulations. That's some good results.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

On the bright side, I'm seeing something about an overall gear rate boost when this goes back up.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I used a free daily to see what I'd get and ended up with trash. Did an eleven pull since I have enough for one eleven pull and enough dailies through the banner without having to go through more story mode content to get more lapis (I still have two thirds of the story content to get lapis mission reward stuff from). Got nothing great that I didn't have.

So I decided to use all forty of my summon tickets because I kept getting amazing poo poo (no Noctis, though).

The following were my highlights:
Cecil! (didn't have him)
Agrias! (Two of her! I can save twice as many queens!)
Two loving Zidanes!
Refia! (which is great because Lenna is not holding up anymore and is for sure my weak link)

Other nice things included Miyuki and Hayate for good TMs.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

After dropping some cash on the new bundle, and the 300 lapis, I've spent eighty or ninety bucks on this game since I've had survey money from Google to apply. I used five more tickets today and while I still failed to get Noctis, I ended up with the last character I didn't have, but wanted: Firion.

I think the only non time limited characters I don't have are Snow, Luneth, Elza, and Noctis. I suppose I'll do daily pulls while this banner goes on but otherwise save my lapis and tickets for Orlandu.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Lightnings and Luneths please put a chirajiden and Diabolos on your dude so we can make easy work of this boss. My lightning has no TMs so my attack is only around 485 or something, but doing area blast with those on makes me do more damage than a lightning doing area blast or heat blitz even with 600 attack.

Basically just put Diabolos and a flame weapon on your friend unit, please. Demon killer and flame weakness makes those boxes die in one turn pretty easily.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I ended up finally getting a rainbow crystal from a ticket on the Noctis banner. Five star Rydia. Great. What a savings. Merry Christmas.

But uh my luck being Noctis free on that banner despite about sixty tickets, seven daily pulls, and an eleven pull means I'm guaranteed a Orlandu right? That's how luck works?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Eight tickets. A blue crystal. Turns to yellow. Turns to rainbow!!!! Leo. Then my last ticket, a rainbow, again!!! Could it be!?!? Freya!

Three rainbows on this Noctis banner and none were a base five star. I did get a second Hayate though, so that might be good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

5 Free summon tickets for a gift.

No special bundles for sale.

Also no New Year's login campaign.

gently caress this company.

I was seeing a pretty dope new years login campaign chock full of lapis and tickets. Can't look at the calendar thing again though.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Ariana Grande is pretty cool and that unit has cool style. I hope it's got global cause I want Ariana Grande on my team.

I mean since we're never getting Chrono Trigger stuff this is like the closest we'll get.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Also it's not like her character is going to be called "Ariana Grande" so you don't have to worry about your immersive game experience. She refers to the character as DW on her instagram, which probably means "Dangerous Woman" like the title of her album. The sprite looks like it fits in the game too.

Like I don't get how having an Ariana Grande inspired in the game is worse for your experience than the fact that we're fighting a giant snowman with a snowglobe for a tummy right now. Or that we have a character sponsored by Cup Noodles.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks to macro grinding I have the Genji Glove and Blade Mastery finally. Next up should be Dual Cast within the week. Maybe Excalibur and Sakurafubuki in a week and a half. After that it'll be Gaffgarion's Bracer, Maxwell's Power of Creation, and Karl's Seal of Destruction. Those are just about to be rotated in though so it'll be a while.

But eventually I'll be a whale friend.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I did one daily yesterday, got Elle. Realized I don't actually care about Dark Fina cause I've got four drat ExDeaths.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Sweet, I knew we were going to get some cool CNY event this year. 160% value bundle sounds pretty sweet.

As a value bundle exclusive money spender, I'm wondering where you saw this, cause I don't see it anywhere

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

So if I have all the tickets and gigantaurs from Akademia, would my time be better spent running Hidden Maze rather than trying to get the six star materials from Akademia? Since I haven't bothered pulling for any Type-0 characters I know it's not worth going for the Trust Moogles.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Used five tickets and got a couple Xiao, but nothing else worth mentioning. Beat all the missions but couldn't get any of the challenges on the hardest difficulty or the esper challenge on the second toughest. The issue was getting esper orbs and my lovely timing.

On the elite battle I got the beast down to about five percent health and just barely killed him with a limit burst and an item, including an overkill. But for some reason I didn't get the challenges. Maybe crushing blow from Lightning did the final blow and overkill so it didn't properly chain and thus didn't count?

Oh well I'll try again in the morning.

I'll say this fight would probably be tough without a dual cast Refia, though. Without that you'll need spr and def boosting plus breaks on the beasts offense, and fire and lightning resist, and blocking after he uses preparation. But with dual cast Refia it's just a bit of a snooze.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

This event is balls because they forgot that the characters who give you a bonus should be halfway decent at the loving thing. I have no idea how I should try to gear Primm to be useful. I have a drat dual wield on her but only the saber attacks get used twice, and the other things are abilities so they don't work with dual cast. She just can't get her stats up very high. Even with my badass Lightning and Exdeath I struggle to one round the mana beast, who does a shitload of damage to wipe out Primm and Popoi at full health. The mana beast isn't really tough, but the SoM characters seem so bad that it makes it tough trying to get through with more than two of them.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Dual sabers are pretty bomb, bruh. If you have primm, a lightning and an exdeath, I can't understand how you're having trouble with anything for this event.

Sure, primm and the other 2 huff dongs, but you should be able to steamroll every enemy by hitting their weaknesses. Especially if you bring along a breaker. I'm rolling Agrias, exdeath, CoD, primm, and Poipoi, who does nothing but diddle his butthole, and really don't have too many issues unless my friend unit sucks.

It turns out the reason Flamey was giving me a tough time was because Lightning had Deathbringer equipped instead of Excalibur :v:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Looks like we are, in fact, skipping/delaying Orlandu. Announcement for Firion and Maria getting upgrades.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Bows really need a boost considering you can't dual wield or double hand them.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I was super lucky and got Leon on my first pull, Guy on my second. I don't give a care about getting Emperor so I stopped pulling, and Leon and Guy both have dope TMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I used about twenty tickets in addition to my daily on the banner before I got a Shine. I still have over twenty tickets in case of Orlandeu. On the bright side I got another Leon and another Gaffgarion so there's some good TMs there too.

No Rainbow in quite a lot of pulls since the Noctis banner, and those were all awful troll rainbows (two rainbow Freyas on that banner). So that means i'm due because that's exactly how odds work.

• Locked thread