Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i hit a triple metal god mission today with Seria/Maxwell/Elza and it was 11k karma and if that happens again maybe i will actually buy the trust moogle. as i am down to 4k lapis at the moment i have temporarily stopped half price pulls, sadly, since this month is a very lapis light month and i just want to make sure i have at least 5k for orlandu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you get holy crystals by trying to get sacred crystals instead. you get sacred crystals in the 10 energy intermediate vortex, except i've actually had a lot more success in the 20 energy version. that typically splits between holy and sacred but its extremely rare i dont average at least 1 sacred crystal per 10 energy, and its extremely rare that i do average that in the intermediate map.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it might be easier to kill Maxwell with a buff CoD, the big single target damage nuke wrecks her hard

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got the three metal gods fight three times today while doing maybe ten total runs of the event, and got 46k karma today without really trying that hard. as it turns out 33k for three fights is Pretty Good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think 6* bartz ends up as kind of a weird hybrid wind attacker? he seems pretty good but not outstanding. if i only had the resources for one i'd probably pick exdeath but if he's your only 6* capable physical attacker i guess i'd lean bartz.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So I wasn't super stoked about BUTTZ 6* until I noticed his ludicrous combo with Refia. He can sacrifice himself to fully restore someones hp/mp, and then you can just full life him. Hello always on elixir.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been running Maxwell on my explorations to level her up a little and i don't know exactly whether or not she's worth anything as a 5* but i can say that her limit burst recharges everything and its not uncommon for her to give herself 40-50% of a bar off her own lb

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I HAVE BEEN TOLD but cant confirm that particular materia does not stack with cheer/embolden/focus so it does not actually seem worth it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What happens to that buff after a unit has been raised?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just wait for the FF5 banner thats coming up on friday, farris looks like a good full break unit, buttz can be a primary mage or physical unit, and gilgamesh looks fun!

this banner has duane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NinjaDebugger posted:

I put one on my Cecil and one on my Cloud, because my cloud is hilarious and her going super saiyan at low health just makes it more hilarious. If only she wasn't vulnerable to Raise.

I've never had anyone use Raise offensively on me in Arena :confused:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't think I've ever seen higher than a 1.2 ratio in the arena.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

getting a good arena ratio on opponents is literally the only thing i give a poo poo about in arena because all i care about is arena medals

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

with maxwell/seria/elza i get 12k from the triple metal god which i got again today. hp 15% is left and i dunno about that one honestly. magic is too but fuuuuck that, i'd rather tm grind with that energy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i burned 10 tickets and did a daily half price, i got three 4*, faris, exdeath, and cecil. that's my fourth of each exdeath and cecil but its better than a bedile i guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you have to make sure to reapply full break every round. yeah dispel his buff when he casts it. also i feel like omniveil was a thing i used in that fight?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yesterday i got shadow and today i got clyne

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

almost every unit in the game is useless not at max level. like a 3* exdeath can't really do anything at all, i am pretty sure he doesn't get elemental spells until 4* even.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

With the new ratings Exdeath having a 19 overall rating makes him the strongest unit in the game, while Krile is pulling a solid 15.5, both units leaving Lightning and Luneth in the dust

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i got a vaan i could chill on trying to pull 5* base characters and not feel so bad. my roster is OKAY but i don't have a single actually great unit, like redia/cecil/cod/exdeath is all right but there's no serious firepower in there

edit: like i could farm four excaliburs but why am i even farming two :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenrir posted:

I put all mine on Refia.

This is also what I do, and since she's already wearing two muscle belts its nice to have a somewhat beefy Refia. Still no 5k health like some I've seen, but beefy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you've been blessed by the bad pull bedile. repost this image in five other threads or bedile will visit you during your daily half price pull every day for a month

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually want to play this game and need to collect some of the lapis from completing the achievements in the zones and i still need carbuncle but also i am 2% away from my first dualcast and its driving me loving nuts to not grind it out immediately

also i don't know what to do with my new trust moogle now that i am tm grinding. should i use it to boost one of the things im grinding up. doublehand? blade mastery? take excalibur from 20-30%?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there are actually macros for running the explorations

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres absolutely no way i will ever do arena enough to stay under 30k, but under 90k rewards really arent that bad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my "just need 2.2% tm no big deal" has turned into a "please god give me the last 0.9%" death match for dualcast

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Refia/CoD/Cecil/Exdeath/full breaker or another mage is my team for more or less anything so that's a completely fine team

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tagichatn posted:

You're probably more likely to pull a Zidane than a Gilgamesh. Also there's a 3* at some point with a dagger that grants dual wield.

im not sure that 0 is a bigger number than 0, to be honest with you

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dualcast yaaay. now i dont know if i want to farm ignus' tm for exdeath or some magic +30% or maxwells tm

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i have two thoughts. firstly this arena bug is bananas, and secondly holy poo poo we sure arent ever getting free lapis again are we

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

Wait, I'm constantly getting 5 bubbles full in the arena. Whats going on?

i told you it was bananas

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

deathbagel posted:

I wonder if it works for the collosseum for the new players? Would be nice to be able to grind through it real fast.

either this is fixed, it stopped working for me, and or going into the colosseum made it stop working for me but my orbs arent constantly refreshing anymore

big cummers ONLY posted:

Now have infinorbs like everyone else. Scared to clear the Colon and get banned. Gotta work anyway. wom

not sure that gumi possesses this level of power, clear your colon with a free conscience friend goon

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Aegis shield is a very good shield, but I can't see needing more than one. You're going to have dual wielders and people using other shields to cover elemental weaknesses

im not sure i believe you about having dual wielders

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont either but the lapis part is right

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after getting 100 free lapis i decided i could afford to half price pull (im down to 1500 lapis oh god) and i got Exdeath #5. like i'm never going to need a 5 Exdeath team am i? i mean realistically four + a focus user seems better than five??

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

not only is this event terrible for currency but arena sure is miserable. i mean, there's about a 1% chance my team will die to anything but the luneth brigade, but its taking me 10 rounds to kill anyone elses team

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

attacker and defender would be cooler if they worked on non ffxiii characters :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that when the event is so bad that the gigantaurs arent worth the energy to farm theres really no defending the event

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah but something something just bring a sazh friend while your lightning and luneth and giglamesh something something we all have whale units something, no big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i hate the current arena with my life. i havent lost but i want to die so have i actually won either

• Locked thread