Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oh god finally I can take Krile to 5! Carbuncle if I find an esper it can replace too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Those of you in need of Mystic Ore, bring thieves to Grandsheld Castle second floor, steal from object d'fart and overkill everything., averaging two per 4 NRG run. Forget Awakening Vortex.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5e9o9l/good_riddance/ it's a 500+ post thread but full of beauty

e: includes screenshot of a 2x CoD 3x Lightning arena player that brought many their first losses

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 23, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Since it seems Full Break is The More The Merrier for next event/banner I've put Vaan up for a friend unit, six free slots: 760,951,475

A single whale 6* easily outdamages my make nuker team unleashing their LBs in a chain so you shouldn't need the help of him but maybe someone does :arghfist:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Somebody once told me metal gods can show up at the 8 NRG event. Guess it's the kind of stranger my parents warned me for when I was a little kid.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

Looks like the maintenance was extended 2 hours.

Oh god gumi maintenance is like a cat on a table eyeing a glass of water, it always ends up on the floor

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

New Olderion 45 NRG
Pirate Ship 50 NRG
Stormy Seas 50 NRG
Ghost Ship 50 NRG
Widow's Cape 55 NRG
Subterranean Stream 60 NRG
Waterfall Way 60 NRG
Water Shrine 65 NRG
and THEN you can go for Carbuncle

(Less of an issue with getting up to 50 lapis per mission but still in case anyone was wondering how to get Carbuncle. Also you gotta talk to NCPs..)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 24, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My regards to all you folks putting Thundaga havers up for friend units, makes my mage nuking push easier. Four five refreshes left and I should be Carbuncling at two stars, hope I can get the important Bar spells and save so much space.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Jesus christ, don't tease that octopus.

You'll know when you get there.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 24, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just finished Shrine of Water and I'm feeling the game is getting merciless on the non-F2P, if they don't want to use lapis revives that is.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

You're dead inside if your first Carbuncle summon doesn't make you smile :3::3::3:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I did not get a single Metal God encounter and I have done 17 runs of the 13 NRG event according to my notes, over the course of the event. I'd like to know :wtf:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mrit SA posted:

I needed an Exdeath and pulled 5 times. Got 3 Exdeath's. :getin:

Three dual-casts of Meteor, you know you want to.

e: that's a bigass bridge, bring TENT

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 25, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

2000 karma of compensation I got. Better than nothing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

I did an 11 pull because I am weak as a kitten with a credit card. I got 4 Exdeaths, and a rainbow! The rainbow was Agrias. :mad:

Four dualcasts of Meteor if you have it in you to grind them up.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

!
With luck we'll have that one before 2018

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Where do I find Hunger. I still haven't killed a single one, the quest says. I have tried the two zones listed on the wiki, done days, ZERO.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What I do with friendpoint pulls are to get them while on the exercise bike so I can sort them out and grind TMs through merges for 30-60 minutes. Does the JP version have anything more useful to do with this ever growing number?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Wicked Peaks, Alluring Winds.

No, you won't hit them frequently, but you will hit them. There's even a script you can just let run for a while.

I did that post to exercise the Murphy's Internet Law and sure enough, three trips through deserted highway southwest afterwards gave three Hunger, the third had two of them in a row. Took only around 200 energy over both zones.

e: and with all my energy spent that seems to have been it, three in a short burst then back to a pain in the rear end, jeeze

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 27, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

6-7-8 banners and the three non-blue pulls have been two gold then today finally a rainbow, 5* Vanille who looks completely garbage. Put my 500 gears towards a ticket, not going to touch the hanging edge further. What a pile.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Why would they not have Lightning for a bonus earner. FF13 is her game goddamnit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Right now I have my kickass nonwhale f2p ExDeath lv100 for a friend unit for those who want DPS, worth sticking that *5 naked Vanille on instead for the peeps who decide to grind the event instead?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What do you do with the arena pots you've force-received for reward, dump on whatever best you have from the Altema ratings? That'd be WoL from what I have.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I swear I saw a 660 MAG ExDeath somewhere on my friendslist before going to bed :psyduck: and oh that trial :psyduck:
e: oh Vax :psyduck:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Fang, Fang, Medius, Arc. Definitely fiddled with rates.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I could have a second Arc replace one of my three Kefka, but would a 6* Kefka outweigh a *5 Arc? Three Wings of Ruin LB are kinda great as are chains of Hyperdrive.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm taking stats since yesterday and 20 Hanging Gardens Pro have given me one gigantaur.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm ready for another pulling of all tickets and lapis I've got in return for no melee *6 worth a drat while whales show off arena teams of five noctis stacking TM rings.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

:lol: at Refia's guard unit

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Onion Knight even if you don't have the whale TMs and gear and pots will beat them all anyway.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

There will be whales with five-Noctis teams and I will hate their guts.

e: looking into his stuff on wiki.. WHAT.. DUDE..

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 15, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

No event after the gardens go, what do I run for a friend unit? My top melee, top mage, or *5 Krile that now can outheal all others?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Half-price Garland, ticket Gilbert, accidental Lapis 500 pull.. Noctis! :unsmith: (my first *5 base?)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Noctis is my first "good" melee and jesus christ the difference he makes just by having him, easily outdamaging the normal four characters, no matter which I have on. Friend requests just pour in. Abilities are as MAD as they look. I'll look into clearing out my list for more goons once he's 100/100, got no TMs or poopsockerloot but still fantastic. I will be doing daily halfprice pulls because I want a second, a third, more.

You other F2P players who still are without these kinds of melee god units? Good luck. You deserve this unit.

e: putting him to serious tests in lategame content that's given me poo poo with what I normally have - he changes everything by being able to do everything. I might have to keep him as a friend unit for the forseeable future, will happily take a hint on which Esper he'd be best paired with, got an *2 40/40 Ifrit for him now

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Cleared out absent players and Rain-type friend unit listers, got 25 free slots and lv100 Noctis on Ifrit for a companion unit (probably permanently): 760,951,475

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I break the damage cap and I wonder if this is normal or I cracked the code. ExDeath twin-meteor then top thunder spells from the rest, with the right timing that makes a lot of 999 all over but also numbers of up to 1200 and some popping up too. I melt teams.

I let Noct take the place of one of the Kefkas, I melt teams even BETTER.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Noctis is my first base 5*, as in character that begins at 5*. Yeah I wanna see you complain.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

For us F2P nonmacroers who never had the luck to get Chiz or Lightning or Luneth or CoD or the few other GET OR HAVE A HARD TIME *DPS this gimped Noctis is the best thing ever, but he is too gimped if he remains this way while Lightning and Chiz look so incredibly future proof.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I saw some guy ragequit on the brevius twitter after buying 100k lapis trying to get Noctis and not getting him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Until you have five of them you cannot have too many DW and-or dualcast.

Here's the whale that quit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5isqvb/a_farewell_to_you_ffbe_reddit/?st=iwtf9g21&sh=cc074e2e
And his account: https://imgur.com/gallery/jCgZs
He should have spent the money on seeing a shrink instead

And another posted over there "In the past I had spent probably 5,000 USD pulling trash from Summoners War with a similar outcome you had here today and rage quit in frustration, burning the bridge by selling and dissolving all characters that were highly regarded at the time."

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The way I select and place my members in a group, needs to be done with Espers also. Pain in the butt. Wanna nuke with casters, then I wanna tankspank DPS.

• Locked thread